Spooktacular Survival Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how would they number them? Its not like all the stuff is going to be in a nice little window collector box. Its probably just going to be stuffed in a plastic baggie and the shirt rolled up and tossed in the box.

So how would they number them? Its not like all the stuff is going to be in a nice little window collector box. Its probably just going to be stuffed in a plastic baggie and the shirt rolled up and tossed in the box.

YOu never know. Maybe they got a special Halloween style package for all of these and then they could number the outside of the box. Obviously the people who keep it sealed are going to be the only ones that care or can resell but hey, it was just a suggestion. :lol

Some of you are missing the point... It shouldn't have been limited in the first place, but since it was, and SOLD OUT, the edition size should not have been changed. Just because some of you see this as "swag" doesn't mean it isn't collectible or just as worthy to be in someone's collection. I don't care if it's a $1 item or a $1000 item, if you ANNOUNCE an edition size and then SELL OUT, DON'T CHANGE THE EDITION SIZE AND MAKE MORE. And don't come back and say it doesn't matter because it is just swag or junk... that's not the point and you know it! And without naming any names, I could pull up quotes from many, many posts where some members praise small edition sizes and state that's the nature of the game if you miss out, but are now in favor of this move because they missed out...

No matter what it is, if it is a LIMITED EDITION, with a SET edition size that sells out, you can't just increase the edition size on a whim! End of story...

YOu never know. Maybe they got a special Halloween style package for all of these and then they could number the outside of the box. Obviously the people who keep it sealed are going to be the only ones that care or can resell but hey, it was just a suggestion. :lol

I know, and I wasn't trying to pick on you or anything so sorry if it seemed that way. I just figured this is all "extra" stuff they have lying around and they wouldn't take the time to make a special box for it all.. but it would be kind of cool if they did.

Some of you are missing the point... It shouldn't have been limited in the first place, but since it was, and SOLD OUT, the edition size should not have been changed. Just because some of you see this as "swag" doesn't mean it isn't collectible or just as worthy to be in someone's collection. I don't care if it's a $1 item or a $1000 item, if you ANNOUNCE an edition size and then SELL OUT, DON'T CHANGE THE EDITION SIZE AND MAKE MORE. And don't come back and say it doesn't matter because it is just swag or junk... that's not the point and you know it! And without naming any names, I could pull up quotes from many, many posts where some members praise small edition sizes and state that's the nature of the game if you miss out, but are now in favor of this move because they missed out...

No matter what it is, if it is a LIMITED EDITION, with a SET edition size that sells out, you can't just increase the edition size on a whim! End of story...
I'm sorry, Lonnie, but I really think you are the one missing the point. You can't start a debate and then try to define the parameters that other people can use to frame their opinions. (Well, I suppose you can try to do that, but you shouldn't expect anyone to abide by your rules, because it isn't going to happen)

You think these are just as collectible as a Grey Hulk. That's fine, and that's your opinion. But that doesn't mean that other people have to agree or accept that premise as the basis for debate. I don't consider this 'kit' a collectible, any more than the Sideshow hats, frisbees, DVDs, or catalogs. In fact, I think they should have been given away under similar conditions to those swag items. You know, "order $50 or more of qualifying items during September, and receive a FREE Spooktacular Survival kit!"

Is this really even a matter of opinion? Is it my opinion that the moon is a satellite of the Earth? No. Its a fact. The Spooktacular Survival Kit is swag. Thats not my opinion. Its a promotional item used to PROMOTE an event.

If you are getting your undies in a bunch, it is because you think you are too cool. Sorry. You are not nearly as cool as you think you are. :lecture

:D

Huh? As I said earlier in the thread, these are promotional items, not collectibles. If they limit them to too small a group, then there will be more collectors who will feel "left out" of Spooktacular than not, and that would not be a good thing for Sideshow. Especially if they did something similar to what Tom mentioned, such as a photo contest of people in their shirts during the event. Imagine a contest where only 250 customers were even ALLOWED to enter.

This is, in my opinion, the first totally valid use of the Inclusive program.

I agree Robo.Its freaking swag not a statue, pf, or 1:6th for goodness sake. Who really gives a damn that they changed it. No its not the same or whatever anyone tries to use here as the first stuff I mentioned. These are collectibles sure but not in the same league as the other items we buy. So in the end it doesn't mean a dang thing if they reopened the survival kits. Its not hurting anyone to do it and if it bothers ya that much cancel the thing. Good Gravy!

I know, and I wasn't trying to pick on you or anything so sorry if it seemed that way. I just figured this is all "extra" stuff they have lying around and they wouldn't take the time to make a special box for it all.. but it would be kind of cool if they did.

No worries man. I didn't feel like you were picking on me at all. :rock

I agree Robo.Its freaking swag not a statue, pf, or 1:6th for goodness sake. Who really gives a damn that they changed it. No its not the same or whatever anyone tries to use here as the first stuff I mentioned. These are collectibles sure but not in the same league as the other items we buy. So in the end it doesn't mean a dang thing if they reopened the survival kits. Its not hurting anyone to do it and if it bothers ya that much cancel the thing. Good Gravy!

The thing that gets me is Sideshow made it limited in the first place. When they announced this Survival kit I was going to order one regardless. I didn't expect it to have an edition size or anything. I figured $20.00 shipped for a T-shirt and other stuff was a good deal, so if they make a million I don't care. I just think it is bad business for them to announce something as having an edition size(in this case totally unnecessary to begin with) and then changing their mind. Of course they have done it before on actual statues like Doom so this isn't a precedent. Like I said I don't care that they are making more, but I also don't think things like this should be brushed off when it was Sideshow in the first place who felt the need to label this as a limited edition. If Sideshow felt "swag" should have an edition size, then it should be treated the same way as them raising an ES on any other limited product.

The thing that gets me is Sideshow made it limited in the first place. When they announced this Survival kit I was going to order one regardless. I didn't expect it to have an edition size or anything. I figured $20.00 shipped for a T-shirt and other stuff was a good deal, so if they make a million I don't care. I just think it is bad business for them to announce something as having an edition size(in this case totally unnecessary to begin with) and then changing their mind. Of course they have done it before on actual statues like Doom so this isn't a precedent. Like I said I don't care that they are making more, but I also don't think things like this should be brushed off when it was Sideshow in the first place who felt the need to label this as a limited edition. If Sideshow felt "swag" should have an edition size, then it should be treated the same way as them raising an ES on any other limited product.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm sorry, Lonnie, but I really think you are the one missing the point. You can't start a debate and then try to define the parameters that other people can use to frame their opinions. (Well, I suppose you can try to do that, but you shouldn't expect anyone to abide by your rules, because it isn't going to happen)

You think these are just as collectible as a Grey Hulk. That's fine, and that's your opinion. But that doesn't mean that other people have to agree or accept that premise as the basis for debate. I don't consider this 'kit' a collectible, any more than the Sideshow hats, frisbees, DVDs, or catalogs. In fact, I think they should have been given away under similar conditions to those swag items. You know, "order $50 or more of qualifying items during September, and receive a FREE Spooktacular Survival kit!"
Is this really even a matter of opinion? Is it my opinion that the moon is a satellite of the Earth? No. Its a fact. The Spooktacular Survival Kit is swag. Thats not my opinion. Its a promotional item used to PROMOTE an event.

If you are getting your undies in a bunch, it is because you think you are too cool. Sorry. You are not nearly as cool as you think you are.

While I respect the opinions of you guys, that is what they are, just opinions, as you say mine is. I do think that this kit, as well as the DVD's, catalogs, hats and t-shirts are collectibles, and I think just about anyone would agree who has tried to track down and had to pay for a #1 or #3 catalog, or the first DVD released, or one of the hard to get Star Wars t-shirts that were only given away. Just because it is a giveaway, doesn't mean it isn't collectible! Using that logic, then the Witch-king crown isn't worth squat and they should just go back and make more. Again, it never should have been limited in the first place, but once they made it a LIMITED EDITION, and I will repeat that, a LIMITED EDITION, how can you claim it isn't a "collectible"? Heck, everything in the entire world is a "collectible" to someone. Just because you don't think it is collectible or because I do think it is a collectible, has nothing to do with whether it IS a collectible; that is only determined if SOMEONE collects it! I collect them and I would be willing to bet a year's salary that many others on this board collect them as well, so that makes it "collectible" and those are hard facts, not opinions!

This truly is about the principal of changing a SOLD OUT edition size, and really has nothing to do with the actual item! That is where some are missing my point! The facts are: Sideshow announced an edition size for a product; said product sold out; now the addition size is raised and it is not even a limited edition anymore. I don't care what that product was, it is the principal of changing the edition size, so if you have no problem with this one, then don't complain about the Dr Doom Exclusive, or the Grey Hulk Premium Format, or any other damn product they change the edition size on once it is sold out!

Banny beat me to it, but said basically the same thing I said!

This truly is about the principal of changing a SOLD OUT edition size, and really has nothing to do with the actual item! That is where some are missing my point! The facts are: Sideshow announced an edition size for a product; said product sold out; now the addition size is raised and it is not even a limited edition anymore. I don't care what that product was, it is the principal of changing the edition size, so if you have no problem with this one, then don't complain about the Dr Doom Exclusive, or the Grey Hulk Premium Format, or any other damn product they change the edition size on once it is sold out!

I agree....

You make a very good point Lonnie... sold out should stay sold out. I personally don't care about this just because it is a not that imporant of a set to me. I plan on wearing my shirt, drinking out of the mug and getting the jason mask scratched up with my keys.

But Sideshow probably shouldn't have started with a limited edition and just always had it opened. But since the did change it maybe it would have been better to just say, look we messed up with this small size, and now we make more money :lol

Back