SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, glad to get Palpy and his Throne... but I can't help but pick on Sideshow's arbitrary product planning that allows this to be shipping this Summer, without a single new iconic EMPIRE figure or environment in sight.

I wonder if their calendars look like this:

129072644139046998.jpg

:lol

Agree. This exclusive should go up in value IMHO.

I might drop the throne. Still thinking if i need it or not since the rest of my figures are standing. Well Luke will be on the ground getting his ass electrocuted :lol

:rotfl:rotfl

Not to derail. I wish instead of throwing Palps down the shaft. Vader would have force summoned Luke's lightsaber and in his frail state and one-handed, he slashed Palpatines hands off. Then similar to ROTS Vader is standing over him , Palps begs for his life, but no luck this time! Vader redeems himself by slashing Palps, he then collapses.

:rotfl:rotfl

Not to derail. I wish instead of throwing Palps down the shaft. Vader would have force summoned Luke's lightsaber and in his frail state and one-handed, he slashed Palpatines hands off. Then similar to ROTS Vader is standing over him , Palps begs for his life, but no luck this time! Vader redeems himself by slashing Palps, he then collapses.

Dude, THAT would have been incredible! Of course there was no context for the irony you're describing here in 1982 since there was no prequel to reference. I'm sure they'll correct this when the official GL Shat Upon Ultimate Trilogy comes out next summer in Blu-Ray...:slap

Back to the the subject. I wonder if they are purposefully shipping the throne ahead of Palp because the know they won't have enough exclusive emperors to go around, and they fear that those who don't get converted on palp will drop the throne. Just a thought...

Last edited:
Seriously, glad to get Palpy and his Throne... but I can't help but pick on Sideshow's arbitrary product planning that allows this to be shipping this Summer, without a single new iconic EMPIRE figure or environment in sight.

I wonder if their calendars look like this:

129072644139046998.jpg

:lol

I have to agree, and what's worse the Yoda they are going to announce looks like it's not going to be the Empire version, so double fail

It looks like both a ESB and PT sculpt of Yoda are done... so hopefully everybody will be happy.

And personally, I could give a ____ if what comes out on what year. As long as I get kickass figures like the Emperor I'm gonna be a happy camper :rock

I don't care if it's not ESB, I'm so excited to finally get the ROTJ Emperor and that they made his throne, can't wait to get this, just hope we get an Emperor notice soon to know he's not too far behind the throne.

I am getting the Emperor EX too, but it would be nice to get something representing ESB anounced this year.
If Yoda has two headsculpts, that will do, but a Boba would be nice too Sideshow :wink1:

I think it's just a shot of the 1:1 bust.

There are some figures I want from ESB but there are plenty I want from the saga, I just want them to make key characters, I don't care if it matches an anniversary or not. A generic Hoth soldier would be ESB but I'd rather see Dooku or Tarkin first.

Hoth Luke is high on my want list, I was just trying to illustrate that I think character choice should take precedent to anniversaries and things like that.

Hoth Luke will be displayed Upside down in a detolf, reaching for his lightsaber... Maybe using the light hole at the top of the detolf to rig up some way of holding his feet.

Hoth Han would simply replace the Hasbro Hoth Han on the Hasbro Tauntaun.

And SS has had plenty of time to figure out Chewie. Perhaps a mass produced good "furry" Chewie simply is not feasible.

At this time, I'd take a well designed "molded" Chewie with limited articulation (to hide the joints) just to have a Chewie in the collection. He's an obvious void in my collection. Actually ANH and RotJ Chewies are must-gets.

Hoth Luke will be displayed Upside down in a detolf, reaching for his lightsaber... Maybe using the light hole at the top of the detolf to rig up some way of holding his feet.

Thats a good idea and I could see SS doing a dio of that.

Dont hold your breath on a Boba at SDCC...in a recent ask sideshow, they said that they have plans to do both Boba and Jango but not in the very near future.

Back