Hot Toys - Alien vs. Predator - 1/6th scale Akaoni Samurai Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisstbh

Woke Warrior
CF Supporter
Reaction score
【Alien vs. Predator - 1/6th scale Akaoni Samurai Predator Collectible Figure】

Prepare yourself for a surprise return of a classic to your figure collection. Today, Hot Toys is proud to collaborate with the esteemed artists, Mr. Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二), once again on our 1/6th scale Samurai Predator Collectible Figure inspired by Alien vs. Predator.

Mr. Takayuki Takeya (TAKEYA) and Mr. Yuji Oniki encapsulating their visions in the Samurai Predator has marked Hot Toys’ first artist collaboration projects. As an icon of cross-cultural projects, the Samurai Predator first appears in the 2011. Over a decade later in 2024, Mr. Takeya incorporates the concept of "Akazonae" to the new 1/6th scale Akaoni Samurai Predator Collectible Figure, taking over your 1/6th scale collection with a violent storm of red.

This time, with a bold color change departing from the initial release, the 1/6th scale Akaoni Samurai Predator Collectible Figure is designed to present to fans an "Akazonae" impression with red dominating the main armor pieces including the helmet, shoulder and chest armors, arms and legs gauntlets and waist armors. Re-imagining the Predator in Alien vs. Predator with a Samurai appearance, the warrior elements are well played out on details through the head with articulated jaw and interchangeable mandibles; sculpted lamellar skirt; weapons including articulated shoulder cannon, metal samurai sword, broken sword to recreate corroded look, set of four swords accessory, Alien tongues trophy and Alien head trophy. The greatly detailed diorama base with Alien’s corpse finely completes the collectible by telling the story of Samurai Predator’s victory over Alien.

This Special Edition exclusively includes an additional samurai helmet that comes with a crest of a Japanese character “髑” (Doku), a decorative fitting mounted on the front of a samurai helmet.

Meet your new 1/6th scale art piece by Mr. Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二) with Hot Toys Samurai Predator Collectible Figure!

IMG_5994.jpeg
IMG_5995.jpeg
IMG_5996.jpeg
IMG_5997.jpeg
IMG_5998.jpeg
IMG_5999.jpeg
IMG_6001.jpeg
IMG_6002.jpeg
IMG_6003.jpeg
IMG_6004.jpeg
IMG_6005.jpeg
IMG_6006.jpeg
IMG_6007.jpeg
IMG_6008.jpeg
IMG_6009.jpeg
IMG_6010.jpeg
IMG_6011.jpeg

I dont need this but as a repaint I love the red colour tone and looks pretty cool.

Last edited:
To me, that’s pretty goofy- but people seem to be going mad for it so- whatever floats your boat.

Hopefully it means HT will be revisiting Predator in the near future.

Goofy, yes. Good word. I took a look as I do with most HT solicits. Now, I never need to look again.
I checked it out and also went back to see the first version. I mainly wanted to confirm that it was an "artist's interpretation" and not an actual Predator from the AvP movies, as I've never given those the time of day lol.

When figures like this are announced, it gives me hope. You never know what random figure will appear next. Even though the next figure is usually an Iron Man.
Not sure whether I'm interested in this one. Kinda cool but I think I'll stick to classic Preds (if HT ever do any of those. Come on HT, where's Jungle Hunter 2.0)

I checked it out and also went back to see the first version. I mainly wanted to confirm that it was an "artist's interpretation" and not an actual Predator from the AvP movies, as I've never given those the time of day lol.
By not watching those movies you missed nothing. They were terrible. They gave my cat cancer.

Got the first release but sold it. Regretted the decision ever since.
I prefer the color scheme of the first release better, but the red does make this pop more (and the black mask suits it well).

Might consider getting this.

Back