Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Not really because if they make 1500 more regs to cover the Exc they didn't make it all evens out eventually.

Exclusives are direct sales, though. They're also guaranteed sales, for the most part.

A large percentage of regulars will not be sold for full price (every one that goes to a retailer).

I'm curious to see how these will be selling in secondary markets, a year or two later.

I am trying to figure out if the "default" 500ish ESs were based on demand or are they a number that a guy sitting a board room at SS said "this sounds like a good number". Wish someone there could tell us instead of this kindergarten like banter continuing about ESs.

B/c people are stuck on the ES of the first few PFs sideshow did. Different time, different place in the statue world

B/c people are stuck on the ES of the first few PFs sideshow did. Different time, different place in the statue world

And that sir is what I have been trying to get at. I mean, would I love it if there was an ES of 10? Heck yes. I know I'd get mine. Times have changed. Plus these DC characters are heavy hitters!

Cancelled my ex because of the scandalous edition sizes on this one.

borat-not-jb1.jpg

I've got an idea. Let's all chip in an buy about 4000 Regs. Then when we get them we just trash em. Then we can keep the ES low :hi5:

I also think that many who don't collect that see this thing will take the plunge or at least be blown away.

Yeah it is what I was saying about this being a "gateway" statue for new collectors. I know that I am VERY close to making this my very first EVER order from SCC. I am only waiting to see if I am willing to consider paying a little more for an EX. However, they are listed at some crazy prices on evilbay, but I don't think any have sold up at those prices. Wanting the EX is holding me off JUST a bit, but I am really considering taking the plung.

Yeah it is what I was saying about this being a "gateway" statue for new collectors. I know that I am VERY close to making this my very first EVER order from SCC. I am only waiting to see if I am willing to consider paying a little more for an EX. However, they are listed at some crazy prices on evilbay, but I don't think any have sold up at those prices. Wanting the EX is holding me off JUST a bit, but I am really considering taking the plung.

If the make sure QC and everything goes well with this one and people get them on thier shelves at home.... HOOKED!

If the make sure QC and everything goes well with this one and people get them on thier shelves at home.... HOOKED!

Yeah QC is my only real worry, as I don't get to beg about ES size. I am worried that will spread their artists to thin with SO many statues, and the guys/gals will start cutting corners.

High Quality + Great Sculpt + Favorite Characters= Hooked Noobies

Exclusives are direct sales, though. They're also guaranteed sales, for the most part.

A large percentage of regulars will not be sold for full price (every one that goes to a retailer).

I'm curious to see how these will be selling in secondary markets, a year or two later.

True, I have no idea how much of a discount they give retailers so they would be out some but not all the cash.

I guess SS had it confused with the meanings.."limited edition" and "F.....mass production"

Cheapest ones I saw sell were for 650 and I don't think they will be going down with an es this high for the reg. It makes the ex pretty rare in comparison to the reg.

Honestly man I'm just gonna throw my advice out there. Don't go spending mark up on an EX you missed out on. Especially this piece. I say that because the EX accessory isn't that great and tough to see. You won't miss it. The bigger reason I say this is you can save your money and get another piece you're eyeing. The reg will do just fine for this. Trust me. Unless you can find a close to retail by that I mean within $20-50 bucks it's not with it.

Yep, the exclusive isn't a must on this one so everybody shouldn't be stressing over missing it. Plenty of regulars to go around.

I guess I'm just got getting the whole "If the ES size is so large, I'm not buying it" crowd. I guess I've never bought with ES in mind. I buy with the cool factor in mind. I have also collected DC stuff from the Warner Brothers Studio Store where the ES for certain statues and maquettes was 2500. So 2000 for the EX seems about right.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I'm with you. I go with the EX versions because they have multiple display options. I don't care how many of them there are, I choose the exclusive simply because it gives me more options.

I mean shame on Sideshow:mad:but you guy aren't really going to pass on this PF are you ?

I am passing. 9500 ES including EX? (And the Ex was VERY underwhelming) no thanks. I will buy other pieces from SS but only if they keep a reasonable ES. If not, I'll start buying from another company. These are collectibles supposedly. Sucks that SS started to sell out with DC. The edition size is ridiculous lmao. :rotfl Oh well, they need to make money but they won't be getting mine on DC. I MAY buy Supes but not if they make this insane ES again. My Batman EX = cancelled.

Back