Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

It's a piece of piss.

Dude I can only hope to measure up to your greatness :)

Just don't get caught :D

Totally RB I guess there is no chance of that considering I don't know what to do anyway :lol

Had a look for it this afternoon but nobody had it. All they had was Superman/Batman Doom (I think it was called) $39.99. I just laughed and put it back on the shelf. They CRAZY!! :cuckoo: :pfft:

In regards to Rises:

I think my enjoyment of Rises was multiplied by being in attendance for The Dark Knight Marathon. When you watch all three movies in a row (Begins, TDK, TDKR) it all makes sense. You see the parallels Nolan was going for. You see that TDKR seems weak as a standalone movie, but is rather quite strong when you see it as the final chapter in the overall story arc of Bruce Wayne in the Nolanverse.

And that's the best part of this trilogy: you had focus moreso on Bruce Wayne and his journey. It was a ballsy proposition, but it led to the trilogy making about $2.5 Billion dollars and changed the mindset about what a comic book film can be.

Definitely makes the old Batman movie seem like kids movie

Well I finally watched TDKR last night.

I have to ask what you guys thought of it? While the acting was top notch and the cinema photography was beautiful at times it just didn't feel like a batman movie to me. It felt like he wasn't even there.

Bruce's spine getting slapped back into place, really!!!??

Without the odd bit of action from Anne I would have given up all together during the middle of the movie.

I also found it odd that he retired after TDK. Surely with all the crazy criminals out there Batman was still needed during that time.

I guess all in all the need to wrap the story up didn't fit well with me. I just didn't feel like we saw Batman in his prime. I even wondered why they fitted out a new Batcave when he retired after the Dent incident. Oh well I not trying to get into a slinging match with anyone but did anyone get the same feeling?

Were my expectations too high? :dunno

I was a bit disappointed, honestly. If you look at the trilogy as Bruce Wayne's story, and not Batman's, then it works better. That being said, I don't have a real problem with the movie itself. My problem is I love this "realistic universe" Nolan has created, but in this universe Bruce is only Batman for a little over a year. i wish Dark Knight Rises was the fourth or fifth movie in the series. The problem with that being, Nolan and cast would have had to actually stuck around for two more movies. Nolan didn't use a lot of the characters because he didn't see them fitting into his "realistic" vision. Well, he said that about Catwoman before he was convinced. Wouldn't it have been great if the third film was mostly a Riddler film in the vein of a Jigsaw killer, or a Seven Deadly Sins killer like in David Fincher's movie Seven? Make that the main crux of the story which would bring Batman back out of hiding. You can also have other villains in the background such as Croc ( common, did anybody else see the big inmate on the boat in Dark Knight who through the detonator out the window with the facial scarring, and not think "Croc"? (Croc is a large black man who's skin is covered in warts, scars hardened etc., who is canibalistic and an outcast since youth due to his skin condition, not a lizard man, or an arms dealing, Iceberg lounge running Cobblepot, or an assasin known as Deadshot, and a Jewel thief with a Cat theme etc. They could've even recast "Mr. Reese" and turned him into Edward Nigma.

Then a fourth movie could've been centered around an Arkham Asylum type of storyline with the inmates taking over the asylum, and finally that would've caused Batman to go into hiding for a few years before we got DKR. That would've been what I wanted. I would've been able to hang up my nerd shoes, and go into seclusion with no further need to be obsessed with a hobby.;)

Well I finally watched TDKR last night.

I have to ask what you guys thought of it? While the acting was top notch and the cinema photography was beautiful at times it just didn't feel like a batman movie to me. It felt like he wasn't even there.

Bruce's spine getting slapped back into place, really!!!??

Without the odd bit of action from Anne I would have given up all together during the middle of the movie.

I also found it odd that he retired after TDK. Surely with all the crazy criminals out there Batman was still needed during that time.

I guess all in all the need to wrap the story up didn't fit well with me. I just didn't feel like we saw Batman in his prime. I even wondered why they fitted out a new Batcave when he retired after the Dent incident. Oh well I not trying to get into a slinging match with anyone but did anyone get the same feeling?

Were my expectations too high? :dunno

Not a fan of any of the Nolan/Bale moves at all. They were decent movies, but not good Batman movies. All of them suffered from a serious lack of Batman time. He was barely in the movies.

Never thought the costume worked, didn't look like Batman and didn't look like armor. It looked like what it was: a rubber suit that limited the wearer's mobility.

Never thought that Batman acted like Batman in the movies.

Hopefully a reboot will get things more like Batman in the best of the comics.

Awesome, I'll check it out on the way home today. I'll lay money down right now that deal is not on offer here. Blu rays's are stupidly expensive here. Yes you can get good deals but you have to wait for them. I just can't justify paying over $30 for a movie anymore :cuckoo:

I remember when the T2 came out on VHS the price was $99.95.:cuckoo:

and this wonderful piece when coming out?

batmanlsf.jpg

Not a fan of any of the Nolan/Bale moves at all. [...] Never thought the costume worked, didn't look like Batman and didn't look like armor. It looked like what it was: a rubber suit that limited the wearer's mobility.

Unlike those in Burton's movies. :D:p

PS: not a Burton/Nolan basher at all. I just found it funny, seeing as Keaton had the worst case of stiff neck ever, too. :wink1:

Strange, the exclusive has no date listed. Usually they ship first right?

I think that's because it's sold out with no wait list? I mean, since buyers are already notified internally and there's no point in updating to let others know?

I think that's because it's sold out with no wait list? I mean, since buyers are already notified internally and there's no point in updating to let others know?

Ivy is also sold out but has a date. She does have a wait list though, so maybe thats it.

Back