Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Edit: I will admit that I think I am becoming a Canale groups though. I just love that sculpt so much. Andy Bergholtz is an AMAZING sculptor, but Canale has done ALL of my absolute favorite statues to date. I can't remeber who pointed it out to me right now

That was me after your "by a Martin Canale" comment.

Little did I know I was creating a monster. :D

That was me after your "by a Martin Canale" comment.

Little did I know I was creating a monster. :D

cat-running-tortoise.gif

WHY I OUGHTA!!!! GET BACK HERE SHOO!! :lol

Lol. Looks like the turtle had reinforcements coming in the room.

cat-running-tortoise.gif

WHY I OUGHTA!!!! GET BACK HERE SHOO!! :lol

Canale's list and these are just the ones I know:

Batman PF
Joker PF(great sculpt just not enough of it)
Skaar PF
Hulk Coms
Spidey Com
Iron Spider and BIB Coms
Hulk and Spidey Dio

I am sure people can add more... Ummmm ... Please...lol

damn straight I got three other bros to back me up :lol those were our pre mutant years though. Ahh good times :)

Canale's list and these are just the ones I know:

Batman PF
Joker PF(great sculpt just not enough of it)
Skaar PF
Hulk Coms
Spidey Com
Iron Spider and BIB Coms
Hulk and Spidey Dio

I am sure people can add more... Ummmm ... Please...lol

Wolverine lsf

damn straight I got three other bros to back me up :lol those were our pre mutant years though. Ahh good times :)

Hehe. Damn, where's a good Shredder where you need it? :monkey2

Spidey, there's also the undervalued Elektra PF. Easily the most dynamic female PF by far, one that isn't just standing there looking pretty (or moronic - see Rogue).

Unfortunately, most people couldn't get past the doll hair. No wonder Sideshow never did that again.

Wolverine lsf

****in eh right.... Thanks BR

Spidey, there's also the undervalued Elektra PF. Easily the most dynamic female PF by far, one that isn't just standing there looking pretty (or moronic - see Rogue).

Unfortunately, most people couldn't get past the doll hair. No wonder Sideshow never did that again.

Yeah I like the Elektra PF... Just not hot on the character is all...lol

Keep em coming guys.

Easily the most dynamic female PF by far.

Just to clarify, I meant the most dynamic Marvel female PF. The latest Lara Croft PF remains the standard for great action poses for females imo.

Just to clarify, I meant the most dynamic Marvel female PF. The latest Lara Croft PF remains the standard for great action poses for females imo.

Good call Shoo. I agree

The face on Tomb Raider is excellent too...

Well that wasnt something I said ... So my PF is still a coming....:yess:

Spidey, you are 100% correct. The eyes were the dealbreaker for me on this piece, and I cancelled. As someone who teaches anatomy for illustration students at the university level, those basic proportions are learned at the beginning level. I can't understand how talented sculptors and seasoned art directors could miss something so rudimentary.

The untrained eye may not see this, but it sticks out like a sore thumb for me. Luckily, both PF heads are better proportionately.

Originally Posted by darren1228 [QUOTE said:
Everyone that said "I didn't get the Batman 1:1 bust because of the eyes" please put your money where your mouth is and cancel the PF as well
[/quote]

Oh no, Batman Professor how did your "trained eye" miss the two eye gap on the PF? I mean how could a teacher of anatomy for illustrators miss something so rudimentary? Didn't it stick out like a sore thumb? Man up and cancel your PF:rotfl

I like mine, the doll air still looks great on her. I recommend this for all collectors! She looks much better in person!

Oh no, Batman Professor how did your "trained eye" miss the two eye gap on the PF? I mean how could a teacher of anatomy for illustrators miss something so rudimentary? Didn't it stick out like a sore thumb? Man up and cancel your PF:rotfl

Maybe it has more to do with the fact that the PF comes with TWO heads, and most of us aren't considering displaying the short eared portrait head on looking right into his eyes. The short eared portrait does look better like this

3DC1A18C-6D96-44EB-8B06-2DD6F121113D-6479-00000E7698B6A533.jpg

or like this

B8CD81D6-78A7-4F3D-B29F-8667497A563D-6479-00000E769579FA2F.jpg

but I STILL like this one

85168CDC-4D81-43FC-B719-9DC57E7750F0-6479-00000E76930AFE3F.jpg

more then this

400112_press02-001_zps397309cd.jpg

Even though the eye problem is more pronounced on the PF really, it is just my personal preference. AGAIN I love BOTH of the sculpts though, and if I had the money and the room the over the moon happy to own the bust. It is interesting that the original poster has since deleted his comment though.

Edit: Also throw in that not only are we getting a Martin Canale sculpted head... we are getting an Andy Bergholtz sculpted head... it is like the best of ALL possible worlds.

Edit: Edit: Have I mentioned that I am smarter then ALL of you... no really... all of you... Stephen Hawking once called me for help because he felt dumb.... true story....:wink1:

Last edited:
Back