SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my notice on Duke. He'll be arriving on Friday. So has anybody talked about the pros and cons of the new body yet?

yes, please tell us how the joints on the body are? are they as tight as anakin? i was able to get my anakin to stand on one foot, so I hope Duke's as good.

Here are a few, sorry about the flash on the one with all his gear. Once I get all his goodies on him, I will set up the camera and take some more...ALOT of velcro on him and his kneepads keep falling off. :impatient:
IMG_1980.jpg

for some reason, I'm seeing a bit of Jack O'neal in this pic.

I might have to get Duke's head custom painted, if he looks like the pics posted in person.

I might have to get Duke's head custom painted, if he looks like the pics posted in person.

My thoughts as well. He's starting to look a little like the Sarge from Small Soldiers due to the extremely toy-like paint job. Hopefully that's not the case in person. I haven't had to have a SSC figure repainted since ROTS Obi Wan and Anakin.

Don't let my incredibly bad pics put you off guys, Duke looks much better in person. I'm sure a lot of you are still gonna want to paint him, to take him to the next level, but I like him as is.

What a ____tard. Also looks great Ill, sad to see the doll dot is back. Still I can't wait!!!
I was kinda bummed to see the dot too, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

Great picks Ill! :D What's in the dope baggie at his feet? EDIT: NVM. Name tapes.
Thanks man, yeah those are his patches, I decided to leave those for today.

yes, please tell us how the joints on the body are? are they as tight as anakin? i was able to get my anakin to stand on one foot, so I hope Duke's as good.
The joints feel good, every pose I put him in he was able to hold pretty well, even when holding his weapons.

My thoughts as well. He's starting to look a little like the Sarge from Small Soldiers due to the extremely toy-like paint job. Hopefully that's not the case in person. I haven't had to have a SSC figure repainted since ROTS Obi Wan and Anakin.

Nah, Chip Hazzard had grey hair. But to tell you the truth, I'd love to see decent Small Solider figures.

Mine'll be here tonight so hopefully someone else will have gotten theirs and given an opinion on the body first. Otherwise, I guess I'll be stuck taking naked pics of Duke. :lol

The production pics on SSC's site look good so hopefully it just isn't translating as well through photos (though none of the pics so far are any worse than SS's initial pics and he looked spectacular in every one.)

Yes! My exclusive converted!

Very cool! And congratulations! I hope I will eventually be able to say the same...but it is a long shot in the extreme for me.

So far I am pretty good with the pics. I would have slightly different preferences for the head sculpt, but I am not disappointed with it as it is (based on the pics, of course).

Back