SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mat49:

mat49.jpg

I think you are right! This definitely seems to have been part of the inspiration behind Firefly's gun. It has the weird shape to the magazine, the closeness of the grip and magazine, the sharp angle of the grip, and the retractable stock.
I still insist that the original was based on a TEC-9 with a barrel extension and folding stock, very popular at the time the first Firefly was made:
tec902.jpg

But either would work.
I plan on ditching the green Steyr TMP and using the Ultimate Soldier Kimel AP-9 (TEC-9 knock off) on my Firefly. Not a perfect match but it's the only 1:6 weapon that comes close.

Just those, not aware of any others. With some modifcation though those should work well I would think.

Mat49:

mat49.jpg

I think you are right! This definitely seems to have been part of the inspiration behind Firefly's gun. It has the weird shape to the magazine, the closeness of the grip and magazine, the sharp angle of the grip, and the retractable stock.

That looks like the gun used for the 1998 Cobra Officer/Trooper figures.

6.jpg

I still insist that the original was based on a TEC-9 with a barrel extension and folding stock, very popular at the time the first Firefly was made:
tec902.jpg

But either would work.
I plan on ditching the green Steyr TMP and using the Ultimate Soldier Kimel AP-9 (TEC-9 knock off) on my Firefly. Not a perfect match but it's the only 1:6 weapon that comes close.

These are notorious for jamming. Hardly the primary weapon of choice for a professional saboteur.

tec902.jpg

But either would work.

Yep, Tec-9.

Just checked out the backstage pass on Firefly. Its pretty good, explains the reason for the goggles anyway. Doesn't mention the reasoning behind no camo head though......

I'm really looking forward to this figure now. Its going to be one of my favourites.

Do you have Pro pegs? I wrapped the end in Teflon tape (only twice around) and stuck it into a scupted HT boot. While not the most secure of fits, it held well enough to stand up to light posing.

"I do have the pegs, DC is hooking me up with a buck $1, so I'm in luck!!!" ~Roadblock

Yeah, if the guys at Sideshow are impressed by him, I can't help but think we will like him. He just wasn't the classic version we were all expecting based on the concept art. But now that I've made my own custom one, I'm actually excited for the Sideshow version now :rock

Flint video soon please!

Yeah I thought Snake Eyes was going to set the standard and most characters would come with two sets of feet. Guess not. :dunno

My guess is we do get the camo head. I don't know why they would mention it and not include it. I think that would only piss us off more. Its one thing for them to not change anything but if they mention they are trying to include it and they don't, that just makes people feel ripped off and disapointed.

Back