SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's wrong with just not liking a figure :dunno

Nothing is wrong with disliking the figure...but what is wrong with liking the figure? It is those who dislike the figure who are on the attack on this matter.

As far as "cool interpretation is cool interpretation", that's all a matter of opinion. And the majority opinion on Destro is that it is not a "cool interpretation". If you like him though thats great cause you can buy it and have a Destro in your collection, so you should be happy and that's all that should matter.

I'm not talking about me. Yes, I like the figure. I am fine with it as Destro. I am fully aware that "cool interpretation" is a matter of opinion. My post was simply pointing out the flaw in the logic of specific argument.

:lol

Go through the Joe custom threads here. People have had no problem translating the card artwork of soldiers into 1/6 figures. And we don't have multimillion dollar company resources.

Baroness, Hawk, Rock n Roll, Duke, Beachhead, Cobra Trooper. All were almost spot on figures by SS, but for Destro they went full retard.

The difference is that Sideshow was not trying to come as close to a perfect representation of the card art as some of the customizers were.

Now, I feel like I am taking part in hijacking this thread. There is so much Destro hate going on that it is overflowing the Destro thread and threatens to fill up the Baroness thread:lol. So hopefully y'all won't mind if any of my future rebuttals get moved over to the Destro thread.

That's insane. Faithful movie figures are completely different from adapting a 2 dimensional or toy version of something to 1/6. You have to make it more realistic.

How are GI Joe characters any different than Marvel or DC characters? Yet its okay for a 12 inch Superman figure to wear red panties on the outside of blue spandex but Destro's black jumpsuit demands a "realistic" update?

How about DESTRO based on the awful first GI JOE live action film?

A chromed head wearing a black business suit armed with a bad @$$ pistol, shoulder holster, and sleek brief case?

:slap

your points are valid.....but Destro full retard? come on, don't think so...liberties were taken here for sure,but it looks good and will look good in hand

Sigh. Man, if the same design used by SSC was used in either of the Joe movies prior to the figure's preview shot, I'm sure you'd be the first to call retard on it.

Sigh. Man, if the same design used by SSC was used in either of the Joe movies prior to the figure's preview shot, I'm sure you'd be the first to call retard on it.

abatmanret14h.jpg

So is she open ES now...? What's the point of buying from SS now if there is no ES for her. SS better set an ES for this figure or I'm hitting "cancel" lol. I could buy her at a local store for less.

So is she open ES now...? What's the point of buying from SS now if there is no ES for her. SS better set an ES for this figure or I'm hitting "cancel" lol. I could buy her at a local store for less.

then buy it at your lcs. its a win for you isn't it if that's the case. i don't see your problem?

hmm Im still debating this,does anyone think her bodice armour might fit another body, im just saying if she comes out of carton like my snakeyes and acts like a helpless marionette puppet. It would be nice if she could be swaped out.

also it would be cool for me if I can place a wig on her head I'll have to measure her to see if she is 4" in diameter since sideshow has no idea how big her head is. that way I can have it in pose or in usable locks so I can better pose her with destro.

I do think i'll have to remake her jumpsuit because I have had that fabric before and it stress tears easy, makes me nervous because if her armor needs adjusted and it tears fabric it's done because it spreads. and whats up with her collar she had a high mandarin collar not a turtleneck? I just now noticed it since I just looked at pics on pre-order screen. Unless her upper body and neck are black and their trying to hide that

Ugg I would buy her nbut now im going to wait until she is parted out on ebay

Last edited:
I love this SSC take on Baroness, how can the same team come up with Destro and come up with this?

One question, what is the smg, is it a MAC 10?

Back