SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, she's a regular frontline grunt.
And Cobra Commander's a used-car salesman. ;)

And I didn't flatly assert anything other than my personal preference.
And I never said you did. I was actually referring to spazzy's comments, which I had previously quoted.

You decided that heels were the road to fan service tramp.
They are. :p

Seriously, Baroness is pretty fan-servicey without high-heels, what with the form-fitting costume, Slavic accent, eyeglasses (anyone else think she was loosely modeled on Vietnam-era singer Nana Mouskouri?) and generally being an all-out femme fatale, but veers just on the right side of being tasteful. Adding stiletto-boots for no reason other than to amp up teh smex appeal is just a step too far, IMHO.

Seriously, Baroness is pretty fan-servicey without high-heels, what with the form-fitting costume, Slavic accent, eyeglasses (anyone else think she was loosely modeled on Vietnam-era singer Nana Mouskouri?) and generally being an all-out femme fatale, but veers just on the right side of being tasteful. Adding stiletto-boots for no reason other than to amp up teh smex appeal is just a step too far, IMHO.

:clap:clap:clap:exactly:

When she was first introduced in her now memorable black armor she was wearing heels I think it was around issue 30 in the marvel run, her first appearances showed her in blue and yellow and kinda ugly, she was burned and scarred had plastic surgery and was revealed with a prettier face black skin right armor and heels..I posted these pics awhile ago in the baroness statue thread to make the same point that she should have heels

--

You're not a STAR WARS fan are you?

;) :p

Same kind of crap going on in the Hoth Han thread right now over blue vs brown vest, even though we're getting both. :lol

But some people are acting like this is a Soldier Story female soldier with accurate military gear that they're adding stiletto heels to. My opinion is if it looks like the card... great, if it has heels... great. Trying to justify that one opinion over the other is somehow more than just opinion... wow :slap

* <
baroness_moc_34_back_cut_bubble.jpg

When she was first introduced in her now memorable black armor she was wearing heels I think it was around issue 30 in the marvel run, her first appearances showed her in blue and yellow and kinda ugly, she was burned and scarred had plastic surgery and was revealed with a prettier face black skin right armor and heels..I posted these pics awhile ago in the baroness statue thread to make the same point that she should have heels
I know, since, y'know, I was the one you were arguing with. ;)

Also, if you'll recall, you conceded that she didn't appear with stiletto heels till #39. Additionally, I also pointed out that she would sometimes appear with high-heeled and flat-heeled boots in different panels of the same comic, hence sticking with the card-art as the most "official" representation makes more sense.

As for being prettier after getting plastic surgery/the armoured costume, I tend to think that, like the heels, that's more of a "depends on the artist" sort of thing:

bio_baroness_marvel_comic_1.jpg

bio_baroness_marvel_comic_5.jpg

Same kind of crap going on in the Hoth Han thread right now over blue vs brown vest, even though we're getting both. :lol
I thought the controversy over Hoth Han traditionally revolved around the colour of his coat...

But some people are acting like this is a Soldier Story female soldier with accurate military gear that they're adding stiletto heels to. My opinion is if it looks like the card... great, if it has heels... great. Trying to justify that one opinion over the other is somehow more than just opinion... wow :slap
71bf4186f2fd86fe7990f814bb956dd6d77d68ee46e6de9d981f02268d87422f.jpg

I know, since, y'know, I was the one you were arguing with. ;)

Also, if you'll recall, you conceded that she didn't appear with stiletto heels till #39. Additionally, I also pointed out that she would sometimes appear with high-heeled and flat-heeled boots in different panels of the same comic, hence sticking with the card-art as the most "official" representation makes more sense.

As for being prettier after getting plastic surgery/the armoured costume, I tend to think that, like the heels, that's more of a "depends on the artist" sort of thing:

bio_baroness_marvel_comic_1.jpg

bio_baroness_marvel_comic_5.jpg

I thought the controversy over Hoth Han traditionally revolved around the colour of his coat...

71bf4186f2fd86fe7990f814bb956dd6d77d68ee46e6de9d981f02268d87422f.jpg

Thought it was khev I was getting the pics for originally.

Just trying to point out the heels aren't there just for sexiness, they were still there at the beginning even in the blue outfit.

Thought it was khev I was getting the pics for originally.
As it happens, you were also arguing with me over the heels at the time.

Just trying to point out the heels aren't there just for sexiness, they were still there at the beginning even in the blue outfit.
They may have been intermittently present, but A: there's really no reason for high-heels in the first place apart from enhancing sex-appeal, and B: again, they were not featured on the original card-art, which is a much less-inconsistent (and, around here, apparently, a much more frequently-cited) source.

It can revolve around whatever you want, you're the one arguing over high heels, swetheart. :wave

--

Opinions are like @ $ $ holes.

Everyone has one.

:exactly:

Too bad between this and the PF, this forum has been filled with creepers worrying about high heels on a thigh high boot.

--

But Sideshow's interpretation/version does not come with that high density laser rifle and backpack.

:lol

Yup, but we're stuck for pages on heels. :lol

Apparently this is a re-hash argument as well. Wow...

As it happens, you were also arguing with me over the heels at the time.

They may have been intermittently present, but A: there's really no reason for high-heels in the first place apart from enhancing sex-appeal, and B: again, they were not featured on the original card-art, which is a much less-inconsistent (and, around here, apparently, a much more frequently-cited) source.

Well if all you are going off on is the card art no point discussing with you further about it, I see her in many more things than one painting.

Last edited:
Back