SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the suit the sculpt and the construct but the gloves throw it off. Too big and pirate-like.

I don't get it, they saw the outcry when this was first shown and told us over and over again it was just a prototype and the costume would be tweaked yet after all this time here he is completely unchanged. The headsculpt is amazing but the costume looks like something they threw together at a local craft store.

I think the headsculpt looks great... the suit, hmmmm. I don't know what material they could use for it, but I would much prefer if at least the black sections were not textured (if the green areas have to be). Also, I think the neck of the outfit is too thick, it looks too much like a turtleneck. Again, I'm not a sewer or costumer, so I don't know how they could thin out the neck, but still keep it stiff....

That said, so far all of the DC figures have looked better in hand, than in initial pics (in my opinion), so I'm keeping the faith...

Well, this is a gigantic step backwards. I feel bad for all the GL fans out there.

Superman and Snake Plissken have the distinction of being the first Sideshow figures I was disappointed enough in to return (and I had used Rewards Points for both). This, I won't even bother to order. I agree with jedijim that the glove cuffs are too large, they should be snug to the forearms. I get that they feel the need to "interpret" the costume in their own way, I just think its a big fail. The DC Direct 13" figures look much better than Sideshow's 12" offerings, even given the poorly articulated body (Sideshow hasn't exactly impressed with their bodies, either, and for $200 they should be flawless). And at least the DCDs feature comic-accurate costuming and heroic-proportioned bodies .I'm officially out of collecting this line, will save the money for Hot Toys.

Superman and Snake Plissken have the distinction of being the first Sideshow figures I was disappointed enough in to return (and I had used Rewards Points for both). This, I won't even bother to order. I agree with jedijim that the glove cuffs are too large, they should be snug to the forearms. I get that they feel the need to "interpret" the costume in their own way, I just think its a big fail. The DC Direct 13" figures look much better than Sideshow's 12" offerings, even given the poorly articulated body (Sideshow hasn't exactly impressed with their bodies, either, and for $200 they should be flawless). And at least the DCDs feature comic-accurate costuming and heroic-proportioned bodies .I'm officially out of collecting this line, will save the money for Hot Toys.

Totally agree. I have DC direct green lantern and they nailed the costume. I only paid 70.00 for him and prefer it way more over SSC interpretation of gl costume. The texture ruins it IMO.

$_1.jpg

It's all personal opinion, obviously, but I would disagree. The DC Direct are great, particularly for the cost, but seeing Supes and Bats and the Joker (can't speak for GL, since the Sideshow isn't out yet) in the flesh, both SSC version and the DC Direct version, I think there is a definite quality difference. The DC Direct costumes definitely are more comic-accurate, but the SSC ones look like much higher quality side-by-side, in my opinion. This will sound ridiculous, but the DC Direct figures look more like toys. Some of my friends/colleagues/clients who have seen my collection, think that most of my 1/6 figures are actually statues, and I just don't think that the DC direct figures look as high-end.

I've been a Green Lantern fan since 1982, and this is, by far, the finest offering I can imagine.

Agreed. I love Green Lantern especially Hal and I'm glad to get this. For me this is a must own. I have the DC Direct figure and 4 of the GL Corps ones just to have the variations :lol

The sculptor mentioned awhile back that the mask is a separate piece.
I doubt that there will be a fully sculpted face underneath though.

edit
Here's the quote
"Nice shot of the 1:6 scale #greenlantern portrait I sculpted recently for #sideshowcollectibles. The mask was sculpted as a separate plug-in piece. "

Ugh, I hope that there isn't holes in the face. Defeats the purpose of removing the mask if it looks horrible. I'd love to get a separate body, head to make my own Hal Jordan though.

Jeeeeeezz... what were you people expecting? Talk about being PICKY! How is he any worse than the other DC 1/6 scale figures?

I think he looks good. :dunno

For $200 of our hard earned money we should be picky. Like I said earlier I'm mostly confused at what they actually changed on the costume? They have known people greatly disliked it and were very vocal in that dislike since SDCC, in all that time they did NOTHING to change it.
Granted we havent seen the full reveal so I will reserve further judgment for now but seeing that texture and the swashbuckler glove cuff....well, I don't have much hope.

They know most fans want DC comic accurate outfits yet they insist on giving us their interpretation. It's either arrogance on their part, thinking they could do better than the classics or they just don't give a rip what we think. It's bad enough they are determined to keep the big heads (which I found out is done on purpose by the way).

So far I don't like any of the SS DC comic figures. Don't like the bodies they're using (Batman too big, Superman too small..) or the facial sculpts. Everyone looks too old, like in their late 40's early 50's and ready to retire and hang up their cape!! :lol Was looking forward to these too... So far everyone has been a pass. Maybe they'll do better with the Marvel line. :dunno

I gotta say i'm not liking the texture to the green material of his suit – I know the previewed figure had it, but I expected the material to be one of the things they changed before the final figure.
The gloves too look way to big as others have mentioned.
I did want to collect all the JL figures – I got the Batman, and love the figure, however didn't pick up the Superman as I didn't like the sculpt... and there's also the price. I'm sorry SSC, but where do you get Hot Toys prices for these guys? For HT prices we should expect HT quality - especially the headsculpts!
So I now have to consider - do I pick these up, or wait for HT to release SvB and JL figures?

I'll wait for more pictures before judging it too harshly.
It looks pretty meh in that picture I really liked the proto that was show at SDCC.

I'm looking forward to some full body pics but I'm liking my GL custom with the DCD suit a lot more than this so far.

It's all personal opinion, obviously, but I would disagree. The DC Direct are great, particularly for the cost, but seeing Supes and Bats and the Joker (can't speak for GL, since the Sideshow isn't out yet) in the flesh, both SSC version and the DC Direct version, I think there is a definite quality difference. The DC Direct costumes definitely are more comic-accurate, but the SSC ones look like much higher quality side-by-side, in my opinion. This will sound ridiculous, but the DC Direct figures look more like toys. Some of my friends/colleagues/clients who have seen my collection, think that most of my 1/6 figures are actually statues, and I just don't think that the DC direct figures look as high-end.

I agree that DC direct are not high end. No one ever said they were. My point was that I prefer that type of look in the costume. Looks more faithful and accurate to the comics. Again they only retailed for like 100 bucks or less. At 200.00 or more, SSC should do a better job and listen to peoples feedback and reactions since we are the consumers of their products.

Back