SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the material pattern, its something different from the norm... I get almost every toy of Hal Jordan I can find, one day i'll have quite the display full.
For people who don't like this one, at least it won't be as un-necessary and expensive as this guy: 1/6 Super Alloy The New 52 Green Lantern Exclusive Edition by Play Imaginative | HobbyLink Japan I ordered this the day it went up. It's been pushed back almost 15 times by now, and since the place-holder date is for today, i'm sure it will be pushed back yet again.

I don't talk about it much on here, but I'm quite the Hal fan... Know many people that would spend the money to own this?:
hal.JPG

I just saw this, I see they decided to keep the tacky (i mean detailed) costume. There really is no way to sugar coat it, good news it's easy for a seamstress like me to make a new color blocked suit i just wish i could get a 50 discount for having to do so. this outfit is Mattel like, I could totally see them doing a ken up in this print. Oh well I just hope Sideshow doesn't think the poor sales on this will have anything to do with dc characters in general and not put the blame on poor decisions in costuming.

plus column the green lantern punch looks cool and head looks nice. Assuming since they didn't fix costume i fear the boots is still off in color as well. this better come with a butt load of accessories to warrant sales if not this will sit in there warehouse for awhile.

If this is any indication of how flash will come out He will be a total disaster.

I just saw this, I see they decided to keep the tacky (i mean detailed) costume. There really is no way to sugar coat it, good news it's easy for a seamstress like me to make a new color blocked suit i just wish i could get a 50 discount for having to do so. this outfit is Mattel like, I could totally see them doing a ken up in this print. Oh well I just hope Sideshow doesn't think the poor sales on this will have anything to do with dc characters in general and not put the blame on poor decisions in costuming.

plus column the green lantern punch looks cool and head looks nice. Assuming since they didn't fix costume i fear the boots is still off in color as well. this better come with a butt load of accessories to warrant sales if not this will sit in there warehouse for awhile

If this is any indication of how flash will come out He will be a total disaster.

You know that is exactly what they will do, right? They never learn. Seems like they don't want to sell their stuff.

Last edited:
No one is impressed accept those who will buy anything GL. There the only customers with blinders to this monstrosity.

It looks exactly the same as there reveal so you can say at least there consistent. I only hope they make the money back they put into him or they we'll blame it on dc comics saying it's not bankable.

Not when it looks like a GL Mattel did when movie was released. That's the quality of the suit.

Will hold judgement till we see the whole figure.

Will prolly put blinders on and buy the monstrosity anyway.

plus column the green lantern punch looks cool and head looks nice. Assuming since they didn't fix costume i fear the boots is still off in color as well. this better come with a butt load of accessories to warrant sales if not this will sit in there warehouse for awhile.

No one is impressed accept those who will buy anything GL. There the only customers with blinders to this monstrosity.

It looks exactly the same as there reveal so you can say at least there consistent. I only hope they make the money back they put into him or they we'll blame it on dc comics saying it's not bankable.

Not when it looks like a GL Mattel did when movie was released. That's the quality of the suit.

dr-steve-brule-o.gif

I don't care for the look of this figure but I have to laugh at some of the comments like "only completists will buy this" or only those that have "blinders on" are going to like this. How tacky. How arrogant. There are plenty of people here and beyond the tiny world of Sideshow Freaks that, due to personal preference, genuinely like the what they see.

Can't wait to see the full reveal. Hoping the accessories and details will get me over the dissapointing at first look costume

The costume looks cheep and busy. If you like paying $200 for a figure that looks like it's wearing a uniform made by hasbro or Mattel that's on you because it's your money. There are people who pay 500 for a corn flake that looks like Jesus. To each there own. If I buy him he is cannon fodder for spare parts and try to sell stuff I don't need.

Sadly I'd have to burn the suit because it does look that bad. I just don't see paying 200 for a 100 figure. It's like paying 100 for the sideshow name.

Like my friend who doesn't frequent freaks said this was made for greed basis. Put out a cheep figure at 70% profit. It's as gaudy as those purses like Louie vouton LV plastered all over it. There are just people who buy for brand purpose.

For $200 of our hard earned money we should be picky. Like I said earlier I'm mostly confused at what they actually changed on the costume? They have known people greatly disliked it and were very vocal in that dislike since SDCC, in all that time they did NOTHING to change it.
Granted we havent seen the full reveal so I will reserve further judgment for now but seeing that texture and the swashbuckler glove cuff....well, I don't have much hope.

Exactly I'm not sure about the mego cuffs myself. $200 bucks for a head body and accessories seems steep.

I don't care for the look of this figure but I have to laugh at some of the comments like "only completists will buy this" or only those that have "blinders on" are going to like this. How tacky. How arrogant. There are plenty of people here and beyond the tiny world of Sideshow Freaks that, due to personal preference, genuinely like the what they see.

Unfortunately with this line I am a completist. But I am not happy with the suit texture at all. Still prefer my 70.00 dc direct 13" gl suit.

As he is now, he should be a 149.00 figure at most. 199.99 is over priced. Harley and catwoman were 179.99 as well as joker. And we know the issues with Harley and Catwomans body. But at least the outfits looked great imo. Stick closer to the comic book look with some interpretation.

Unfortunately with this line I am a completist. But I am not happy with the suit texture at all. Still prefer my 70.00 dc direct 13" gl suit.

I'm not compelled to buy it to complete my line but I may pick it up to have a different looking GL in the collection even though this look isn't my first choice.

You can't please everyone with a line like this. For every ten that hate the design choice there's probably another ten that love it. Just the way it is.

Exactly. I know their trying to be mainstream. I commend the effort but it doesn't work with GL or flash. When the sales pour in and toy anxiety is stuck with 30 GL suits they can't sell that should dictate how bad that really is.

Exactly. I know their trying to be mainstream. I commend the effort but it doesn't work with GL or flash. When the sales pour in and toy anxiety is stuck with 30 GL suits they can't sell that should dictate how bad that really is.

Something's just do not convert to main stream. Guess I am a purist from the 70's. Just release a faithful comic book version first like the did with superman and the others in the line. Same with flash, the texture of suit shows more because of red. At least gl green and black hides it a bit more.

They know most fans want DC comic accurate outfits yet they insist on giving us their interpretation. It's either arrogance on their part, thinking they could do better than the classics or they just don't give a rip what we think. It's bad enough they are determined to keep the big heads (which I found out is done on purpose by the way).

^^^^ this....I dread to see what they will do with Marvel 1/6 characters like Captain America and Thor.......Classic Comic book costumes SELL! Period! There is no need to change anything

^^^^ this....I dread to see what they will do with Marvel 1/6 characters like Captain America and Thor.......Classic Comic book costumes SELL! Period! There is no need to change anything

Yup, just like their ****** GIJoe interpretations.

Back