SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^ this....I dread to see what they will do with Marvel 1/6 characters like Captain America and Thor.......Classic Comic book costumes SELL! Period! There is no need to change anything

Agree with you a 1000%! Simple formula if SSC would just stick with. Its not rocket science or trying to reinvent the wheel.

Yes but SS is trying to do the realistic HS's too, so like bats and supes, that type of interpretation is a bit odd when paired with the straight comic rendition of the characters. I, for one, am hoping we see a new batman with a more tactical execution to the suit and some screen printed add ons to supermans costume wouldn't hurt this line one bit. All while giving heavy homage to the comic style like GL and Flash. Definitely a gamble and some might say they played that hand with G I Joe and lost, but I'm willing to see where it goes.

I feel like one photo of half a body shot is not enough to give a strong one sided opinion. Ya sure the suit has texturing that doesn't look EXACTLY like the comics, however I imagine with the right lighting it'll make it appear to have a shimmer/glow effect to it. Plus his gauntlets may be just oddly positioned in that shot. I personally hope there's a second head sculpt with grey hair on the side, if not I'll still buy it, because from what I can see it looks really good.

Yes but SS is trying to do the realistic HS's too, so like bats and supes, that type of interpretation is a bit odd when paired with the straight comic rendition of the characters. I, for one, am hoping we see a new batman with a more tactical execution to the suit and some screen printed add ons to supermans costume wouldn't hurt this line one bit. All while giving heavy homage to the comic style like GL and Flash. Definitely a gamble and some might say they played that hand with G I Joe and lost, but I'm willing to see where it goes.

I want one based on Lee Bermejo's design. IMO it's one of the best comicbook suits that had functionality in mind when being designed.

I feel like one photo of half a body shot is not enough to give a strong one sided opinion. Ya sure the suit has texturing that doesn't look EXACTLY like the comics, however I imagine with the right lighting it'll make it appear to have a shimmer/glow effect to it. Plus his gauntlets may be just oddly positioned in that shot. I personally hope there's a second head sculpt with grey hair on the side, if not I'll still buy it, because from what I can see it looks really good.

I just hope that the suit would be better-fitting on the final product. I'm okay with the patterns and all, it's just how it fits on the base body that I don't like, based on this photo and those of the earlier proto's from shows.

They will loose again.:(

Awhile back when they were rebooting superman they thought of having tim burton direct it. His idea was to have supes in black and have some kind of detachable blades on his chest along with some other oddities. Studio execs realized that they have to stick to the original formula. People are too familiar with these characters and changing them is like meeting a new person. But people dont want the new person. They want the person they already know. The one with whom there is already comfort.

It just reminds me of what ss can do do classic stuff sometimes. I would much prefer just to get the version we grew up on. Not somebody's interpretation.

At times I'm really, really glad Sideshow doesn't listen much to the loudest complaints on this forum. I have the DCD 13" inch figures and they are comic accurate, which was fine for the time.

But just like with movies costumes I want to see some interpretation when a comicbook character is brought into 3 dimensions. I'd like to see even more license taken with the design - change up the emblem so it's more 3 dimensional.

At times I'm really, really glad Sideshow doesn't listen much to the loudest complaints on this forum. I have the DCD 13" inch figures and they are comic accurate, which was fine for the time.

But just like with movies costumes I want to see some interpretation when a comicbook character is brought into 3 dimensions. I'd like to see even more license taken with the design - change up the emblem so it's more 3 dimensional.

Why would you want this license to fail? :dunno

Awhile back when they were rebooting superman they thought of having tim burton direct it. His idea was to have supes in black and have some kind of detachable blades on his chest along with some other oddities. Studio execs realized that they have to stick to the original formula. People are too familiar with these characters and changing them is like meeting a new person. But people dont want the new person. They want the person they already know. The one with whom there is already comfort.

It just reminds me of what ss can do do classic stuff sometimes. I would much prefer just to get the version we grew up on. Not somebody's interpretation.

Yes and then they went and made Man of Steel, not only changing the way the character looks but also changing his personality to the point, where it was no longer Superman.

So far I can't say that I'm a fan of the textured suit, but what worries me more is the fit of it. It looks a little baggy in that pic, but it's hard to judge this from that one picture they've shown.

Yes and then they went and made Man of Steel, not only changing the way the character looks but also changing his personality to the point, where it was no longer Superman.
Ugh??? I thought Henry Cavill was great in MOS and suit looked great. That dude is Superman.

I'm fine with the texture areas. Just would like to keep the classic designs.

Let's leave movie figures out of discussion. There is a lot of mos and dark knight figure posts than should be normal. We not need Hollywood costumes on comic based characters.

I'm not counting the movies as comic based because there full of gimmicks to get people to watch turning them into a circus.

I know it's discussed here because GL looks like he is from a movie due to suit. Him and flash will have to be separate from superman and batman because they won't match the rest of the collection. Which you'll realize when you try to put them together. They will fit your mos superman and dark night batman because of the costumes.

For us trying to keep it comic book will have no choice but to make or buy a suit because they will stick out like a sore thumb. Which is why we are pissed at this suit. Sideshow made this for the collectors that own the movie based figures.

Let's leave movie figures out of discussion. There is a lot of mos and dark knight figure posts than should be normal. We not need Hollywood costumes on comic based characters.

I'm not counting the movies as comic based because there full of gimmicks to get people to watch turning them into a circus.

I know it's discussed here because GL looks like he is from a movie due to suit. Him and flash will have to be separate from superman and batman because they won't match the rest of the collection. Which you'll realize when you try to put them together. They will fit your mos superman and dark night batman because of the costumes.

For us trying to keep it comic book will have no choice but to make or buy a suit because they will stick out like a sore thumb. Which is why we are pissed at this suit. Sideshow made this for the collectors that own the movie based figures.

I don't think he looks like he's from a movie. It's the suit he wears now – very similar to the original, only the green only goes to his waist instead of under his groin.
The problem is the texture of the material - the green needs to be a smoother material imo (like the pic attached). The black would benefit from a bit of texture however, and the logo should be 3D - preferrably with a light up feature (ring too)... for the price, it's the least they could do!

2dl99au.jpg

I just saw this, I see they decided to keep the tacky (i mean detailed) costume. There really is no way to sugar coat it, good news it's easy for a seamstress like me to make a new color blocked suit i just wish i could get a 50 discount for having to do so. this outfit is Mattel like, I could totally see them doing a ken up in this print. Oh well I just hope Sideshow doesn't think the poor sales on this will have anything to do with dc characters in general and not put the blame on poor decisions in costuming.

plus column the green lantern punch looks cool and head looks nice. Assuming since they didn't fix costume i fear the boots is still off in color as well. this better come with a butt load of accessories to warrant sales if not this will sit in there warehouse for awhile.

If this is any indication of how flash will come out He will be a total disaster.

This post is spot on!
The problem EVERYBODY picked up on with the prototype was the material used for the suit being terrible*– very surprised to see the pre-order still using the same material. I agree the boots still look off, and to me the lantern symbol on his chest doesn't stand out enough - I feel it should be 3D and light up, as should his ring. Let's face it, for the money these guys cost it's the least we should expect. Putting it into context - GL would set me back more than my HT Adam West Batman... and there is no comparison in quality or tailoring!
The gloves too are now 'off', whereas the prototype look fine.
Overall very disappointing as he was going to be a definite buy, now i'm gonna wait and see... just please, please don't screw up the Flash SSC! :pray:

This post is spot on!
The problem EVERYBODY picked up on with the prototype was the material used for the suit being terrible*– very surprised to see the pre-order still using the same material. I agree the boots still look off, and to me the lantern symbol on his chest doesn't stand out enough - I feel it should be 3D and light up, as should his ring. Let's face it, for the money these guys cost it's the least we should expect. Putting it into context - GL would set me back more than my HT Adam West Batman... and there is no comparison in quality or tailoring!
The gloves too are now 'off', whereas the prototype look fine.
Overall very disappointing as he was going to be a definite buy, now i'm gonna wait and see... just please, please don't screw up the Flash SSC! :pray:
You can't even see them in the picture.:dunno

Back