SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think he looks like he's from a movie. It's the suit he wears now – very similar to the original, only the green only goes to his waist instead of under his groin.
The problem is the texture of the material - the green needs to be a smoother material imo (like the pic attached). The black would benefit from a bit of texture however, and the logo should be 3D - preferrably with a light up feature (ring too)... for the price, it's the least they could do!

2dl99au.jpg

It was the texture of the suit which is why I referred it as a movie costume. If the black was textured it could hide but it still makes it out of sinque with the sups and bats. It's like having an all white clothing line and throw in a purple dress at the end of the fashion show. It's like the mistake they made by not giving joker a hex base. There just not thinking these through at all.

Do they just get high or something and think you know what would be cool put a textured suit on green lantern so the logo looses all focus and disappears. And you know what we should get Nocho 's. With extra cheese

This post is spot on!
The problem EVERYBODY picked up on with the prototype was the material used for the suit being terrible*– very surprised to see the pre-order still using the same material. I agree the boots still look off, and to me the lantern symbol on his chest doesn't stand out enough - I feel it should be 3D and light up, as should his ring. Let's face it, for the money these guys cost it's the least we should expect. Putting it into context - GL would set me back more than my HT Adam West Batman... and there is no comparison in quality or tailoring!
The gloves too are now 'off', whereas the prototype look fine.
Overall very disappointing as he was going to be a definite buy, now i'm gonna wait and see... just please, please don't screw up the Flash SSC! :pray:
Evil stated early on that what we see is what we get. Sideshow is going to keep everything exactly the same only making outfit tight and maybe color match boots(maybe).

I'm sure Sideshow doesn't give a rats rear about loosing sales all that shows to them on a CEO level is that the license is not sellable as 1/6. It's totally deliberate. They know a lot of people will be pissed they don't care they want to see how desperate people are to have a GL figure.

It's just a game. I can already tell you that flash will be exactly as we saw him with one exception the hands and head will match the texture of suit. And it will hug the body. Nothing else will change. So just be aware that is what will happen without a doubt.

Smart I'm sure it's the only way TA will sell these is broke down. I wonder what they will do with all those jumpsuits that won't sell.

That's if toy anxiety buys this at all for stock. If they see how crappy this is they may not bother with many

That's if toy anxiety buys this at all for stock. If they see how crappy this is they may not bother with many

They will for the same reason. They know that they can sell the parts at a higher price and make a profit. Look how much the Batman body goes for 120.00 +, the belt 40.00 plus, the cape 30.00+. Everything else is profit.

Sadly talking to Kevin Ellis I thought maybe he would see the wisdom in my suggestions. What can you do, it's there loss not mine. I'll gladly buy parts I need and make one that is cohesive.

I already have fabric book marked to buy. It won't look cheep like either this or DCD.

I don't think he looks like he's from a movie. It's the suit he wears now – very similar to the original, only the green only goes to his waist instead of under his groin.
The problem is the texture of the material - the green needs to be a smoother material imo (like the pic attached). The black would benefit from a bit of texture however, and the logo should be 3D - preferrably with a light up feature (ring too)... for the price, it's the least they could do!

2dl99au.jpg

I'm actually doing mine to look sorta like this but classic. I like the metallic with black.

Sadly talking to Kevin Ellis I thought maybe he would see the wisdom in my suggestions. What can you do, it's there loss not mine. I'll gladly buy parts I need and make one that is cohesive.

I already have fabric book marked to buy. It won't look cheep like either this or DCD.

:rotfl

Whatever. Laugh it up all you want. When your holding this figure with all plasticky feel and with so much resistance in fabric you have a rag doll because it wore out the joints. Looking like a drag queen next to sups and bats

I don't mind it,
if you look close enough at fabric, its actually his little "logo" insignia if that makes sense

I'm not seeing exactly how people can say that he won't fit in with the others, especially since we haven't seen the figure. There's so much out cry about the suit and the texture and how sideshow is doing this line all wrong, yet it from the same people who bought the batman and superman figure and took them apart and body swapped or added sculpting to the body or got a suit by Tony. It's just funny to me that people are bitching about "having" to change all these things for Green Lantern so they're not going to buy him even though they "had" to do the same things for Supes and Bats. Personally I like it and feel like since sideshow has been doing this for awhile I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing so I'm going trust them and go with the assumption GL will fit in just fine. Ya in that proto type from SDCC 2014 his boots do need a lightening color wise, however, looks to me like he'll fit in fine.

I'm not seeing exactly how people can say that he won't fit in with the others, especially since we haven't seen the figure. There's so much out cry about the suit and the texture and how sideshow is doing this line all wrong, yet it from the same people who bought the batman and superman figure and took them apart and body swapped or added sculpting to the body or got a suit by Tony. It's just funny to me that people are bitching about "having" to change all these things for Green Lantern so they're not going to buy him even though they "had" to do the same things for Supes and Bats. Personally I like it and feel like since sideshow has been doing this for awhile I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing so I'm going trust them and go with the assumption GL will fit in just fine. Ya in that proto type from SDCC 2014 his boots do need a lightening color wise, however, looks to me like he'll fit in fine.

Well, maybe some of us had enough, did you consider that? And by the way, yes Sideshow has been doing it for a while, and they are still doing it wrong, imo.

Last edited:
Fix the boots and put that suit on a different body to fill it out and it'll look nice. I still don't like the suit texture though.

Liking this less now. Have not seen pic of him in a while. Now I remember how much I dislike the costume material and boots. Sad you have to spend 200.00 and think about spending another 100.00 plus for a custom replacement from Tony.

Back