SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That may be but the sales will speak for themselves. :). If collectively it was decided to keep this costume as is only those who want to pay another hundred to have tony fix this will buy it. And those who want a GL for there MOS and dark knight set. And depending how many toy anxiety will buy to break down. That's not very hopeful sales wise.

As far as the comment people who bought sups and bats had a good foundation to build there perfect one. Most were happy just to leave them be. This GL is in a whole category all it's own that should have a poll vote when it's up for pre order. But it will probably be fixed in favor.

What I don't get if you have a lead costume designer that would clearly notice the texture has a busy visual distraction to compete with the logo, and fabric that seperates the figures from a collection. Also fabric that will wear out the joints which has never been sideshows strong point. Would the creative team still think this was a good idea. I know Kevin doesn't want named because this will be a debacle. No one wants to claim this figure

Last edited:
This is a must no matter what in my book.
Not gonna spend another $100 for the same suit (improved) from Tony. Unless is Parallax suit

Kevin gave an a typical customer relations response. All companies have to use similar statements it's apart of legal. Yes he did us it in his emails but they all have there dept.

That costume was responsible by that dept in which Kevin is in. Why it was over looked is beyond me. It's not my company and if they want to loose thousands it's there decision. I only offered potential profitable suggestions. It's up to them to use it.

Anyone who saw the figures with sups and bats knew by looking at then they don't fit together.

It really boiled down to it cost them so much to make that fabric look like that, they had no choice but to put it on the figure instead of using fabric on them to make them cohesive

As far as me looking stupid, afraid not. What I stated on here is also what I said to Kevin. I even gave a list of fabrics that could have worked. It would have cost them less and look more expensive to warrant the cost point. The sales of this and flash will only prove who is buying it out of taste or loyalty to a name brand regardless of quality and cohesion.

Put thunder thighs on GL and she will gobble him up!

:lol That's *****ed up :lol

Groovy, I do think it's a little hypocritical that you would, for pages now, bomb all over SSCs interpretation for GL and Flash when you had to defend your interpretation of your Superman. Just like your Superman mods, you don't have to like it, but no reason to keep dumping on it. It's their product, like it was your figure, and they have a certain design they want to put forth and while not everyone's cup of joe, it's still ok that they went this route...ok for some but not for you and others. BUT its what they are offering, take it or leave it.

Is this really an issue? I spoke to the guys during SDCC. They clearly said the line was moving toward a more interpretive slant...hence GL & Flash. The others will follow suit. We'll get a Supes and Bats that have a similar design vocabulary in the future. IF you talked to Kevin or anyone else at SDCC from their team, how could you come away thinking they were going to change anything when they said this was the direction they were going in. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was in response to not doing the NU52 looks that they had to abandon the more classic tights look for an interpretive look. I could be wrong here, but I think that's what I remember talking to them about.

They are doing the same thing with the Marvel line. Those will be interpretive as well. As you can see from all the prototypes, nothing is a straight comic release right out the gate with the Marvel license.

Last edited:
Alabama-wow-girl.gif

Put thunder thighs on GL and she will gobble him up!
vincentpricebyhorrorbob1hb1.gif

:lol That's *****ed up :lol

Groovy, I do think it's a little hypocritical that you would, for pages now, bomb all over SSCs interpretation for GL and Flash when you had to defend your interpretation of your Superman. Just like your Superman mods, you don't have to like it, but no reason to keep dumping on it. It's their product, like it was your figure, and they have a certain design they want to put forth and while not everyone's cup of joe, it's still ok that they went this route...ok for some but not for you and others. BUT its what they are offering, take it or leave it.

Is this really an issue? I spoke to the guys during SDCC. They clearly said the line was moving toward a more interpretive slant...hence GL & Flash. The others will follow suit. We'll get a Supes and Bats that have a similar design vocabulary in the future. IF you talked to Kevin or anyone else at SDCC from their team, how could you come away thinking they were going to change anything when they said this was the direction they were going in. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was in response to not doing the NU52 looks that they had to abandon the more classic tights look for an interpretive look. I could be wrong here, but I think that's what I remember talking to them about.

They are doing the same thing with the Marvel line. Those will be interpretive as well. As you can see from all the prototypes, nothing is a straight comic release right out the gate with the Marvel license.

I made my superman for me. It would be a different story if I was making a superman for the masses. I would go with a body type that has been used a lot. Plus I would have access to tech. Eqpt and materials. To make a new body. It's like trying to compare apples to oranges what I did verses sideshow.

Sideshow has to make decisions to exclude a whole group of collectors or try to put something together that can have more in like. Changing gears after you produced 2 figures of the justice league says their fine with excluding the customers that bought sups and bats. And although you can't make everyone happy being ADD and not seeing a collection through before switching gears to segregate just doesn't make sense.

They started the line in one direction. It worked and sold. Only changes was people making minor mods for personal preferences. I don't know how much diff the production body will look, and the suit is not my cup of tea. So buying parts is the only thing people who want to maintain the direction started. Are left with having to finish it themselves. However with flash that will have a texturized head and hands we are left empty handed.

Last edited:
I don't see how they're changing the line it started off as a sideshow interpretation of dc characters and it still is. What Groovy seems to not like is that the character in her opinion doesn't look like the comic book version she prefers and due to that she doesn't like the figure and wants to try and aid the team at sideshow in the direction of getting that fixed however what is sadly happening is she's slightly coming across as rude and a know it all who thinks she's better than anyone and as if her answers are the only correct ones. I see this line becoming something really cool and I'm excited to have more and more of these characters in the line. Ya sure GL has a textured suit and Supes and Bats don't, however, I look at it like this, GL also has a suit thats not from this world, technically, so will it be smooth like the others, not necessarily.

Kevin gave an a typical customer relations response. All companies have to use similar statements it's apart of legal. Yes he did us it in his emails but they all have there dept.

That costume was responsible by that dept in which Kevin is in. Why it was over looked is beyond me. It's not my company and if they want to loose thousands it's there decision. I only offered potential profitable suggestions. It's up to them to use it.

Anyone who saw the figures with sups and bats knew by looking at then they don't fit together.

It really boiled down to it cost them so much to make that fabric look like that, they had no choice but to put it on the figure instead of using fabric on them to make them cohesive

As far as me looking stupid, afraid not. What I stated on here is also what I said to Kevin. I even gave a list of fabrics that could have worked. It would have cost them less and look more expensive to warrant the cost point. The sales of this and flash will only prove who is buying it out of taste or loyalty to a name brand regardless of quality and cohesion.

I'm not going to start a back and forth with this, but we are running into an issue that seems to crop up frequently on this forum. You and some others in this thread seem to be posting as if your opinion is the only TRUE and CORRECT fact about things and anyone else that sees it differently cannot possibly be sane, much less have an opinion that is far more accepted than yours.

We get it - some people don't like the texturing. Some people do. It isn't a vast conspiracy, it isn't a money grab (not sure how that would work), it isn't an calculated decision designed to piss off collectors at large.

We should get the full reveal tomorrow and perhaps we can have whole range of things to discuss about this figure.

I'm not sure what all this fuss is about. That preview pic is clearly the same figure they previewed at SDCC. But if everyone remembers, they did the same thing for their Batman figure, and for their Superman figure. They didn't change anything with those 2 either, when they previewed the figure on the website.
It wouldn't surprise me if a large percentage of the figure will be different by time it's released...

Also, folks on the forum always forget that they are likely the minority (from a sales point of view). As an example, I've been collecting various action figures for over 20 years, I've been collecting Sideshow for years as well (I think my first was Billy the Kid), but I only joined the forum a year and a half ago or so. Even if the entire forum hated a figure, doesn't mean it won't sell, or won't be a success.
I may take some flak for this, but I was actually very happy (and still am) with BOTH the SSC Batman and Superman when I got them in-hand. For me, I'll still keep the faith!

And lastly, on the threads there is always mention when SSC exclusives don't sell out, and that somehow it suggests that they figures are terrible.... it seems to take months, for a lot of the Hot Toys figures to sell out. Are they all crap as well?

I might get this. I actually found a use for the suit. Quite a few people on Facebook said it looked like fish scales. I thought it's perfect for Tomar-Re. So I can move Hal to a new body and make his costume and finish tomar in one go.

I hope they use this material for Aquaman

Back