SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Massively dissapointed. I'm looking at like 190 quid for this. Sorry but no. Really tempted by a go but not at that price not with those accessories. No hammer construct. No unmasked head. No light up lantern.

Real shame.

Should be $200 with what's being included. They could have really decked this figure out with accessories. Disappointing to see that all they did was the fist. Could have done a shield, hammer and a minigun.

I agree that it's odd. I think the boot/ankle/foot design they've used for Supes and Bats has worked really well. Not sure why they would have to go with a solid boot for this figure...

Maybe it has something to do with the metallic paint? Maybe they couldn't get it to adhere to the kind of flexible material the other boots are made from.

Nothing new for me to add that hasn't been said really, I think he actually looks pretty good.....now let's just hope the actual product looks as good this time. Like other people have said they really could have gone nuts with accessories for this guy but fell waaaay short. And I don't know who advises SS on their pricing but they are so far off the mark with that price tag it's unreal.

Price sting's a bit ,but they are gonna charge higher for the core of the Justice league top hitter's. I 'm Suprised he didnt go up for preorder today ,also would love a lot more green accessorie's for my Green lantern.

I thought it was posted in here that the mask was supposed to be removable. If so, I'm shocked that SSC didn't highlight that aspect.

I think the point was that it was SCULPTED separately.

Personally I love having removable masks, DCD did it okay with magnets. Until they fail. Now my Robin is exposed for all the world seeing he's **** and I've lost that tiny piece of black plastic.

I've already decided I wasn't going for the full line of Sideshow 1/6th and haven't bought any yet. Was hoping GL would've changed my mind, but I think I will skip him as well.

Maybe Flash will be the one too good to pass up?

When this line was announced, I was planning to get the complete run. Well Superman changed that with how he turned out. I really don't like Superman the character at all, but I still would have got him if he looked good. So with him not in the collection, I can really pass on things. This 220 dollar GL is another pass. My 1/6 SS DC line is looking like it will just be Batman characters, since it seems they actually like those characters and go all out on them.

Love it , will certainly be getting this once it goes up.
My only gripe ... Damn Single Elbow joints , come on SS please please please give these guys the proper articulation a super hero deserves.
(same Gripe on every DC release that does not have them)

Wait a minute you mean the lantern doesn't light up too. F that noise. The costume is bad enough. No extra head. One accessory if not counting the boring exclusive. I was right to slam this. I fail to see the cost. Are they just adding cost to the value of their name. Spider-Man came with so much and was only slightly more and well it's hot toys.
Sideshow has quality control issues god only knows what will happen when someone opens a box.

I fail to see the price tag to figure ratio. There just charging more to see if someone will pay it. So they can charge more latter.

He doesn't look bad but he's seriously lacking accessories. Should have thrown in another HS or 3-4 constructs since that's what the character is known for. It's too bad they didn't take advantage of the opportunity to be creative with the accessories. A giant fist like the PF and that's it? At $220 plus shipping it's a big pass for me. At the best I'm waiting until he's heavily discounted.

Personally I love having removable masks, DCD did it okay with magnets. Until they fail. Now my Robin is exposed for all the world seeing he's **** and I've lost that tiny piece of black plastic.

The DCD 13" figures didn't use magnets; the masks were molded so that they clamped to the figures nose and/or fit into the eye sockets snugly. I had a few that wouldn't stay on at first, but was able to work with them until they fit nicely and stayed in place.
Also, if you lost Robin's black mask, he should still have an alternate green one you can use. If Sideshow gave us those options, they'd tack on another $20.
Also, DCD's GL came with a light-up lantern. The only aspect that SSC might be superior in with GL is the body, though given their fail with Superman, that isn't a given.

The DCD 13" figures didn't use magnets; the masks were molded so that they clamped to the figures nose and/or fit into the eye sockets snugly. I had a few that wouldn't stay on at first, but was able to work with them until they fit nicely and stayed in place.
Also, if you lost Robin's black mask, he should still have an alternate green one you can use. If Sideshow gave us those options, they'd tack on another $20.
Also, DCD's GL came with a light-up lantern. The only aspect that SSC might be superior in with GL is the body, though given their fail with Superman, that isn't a given.

The DCD Green Lantern looks better and did have lite up lantern and 2nd release came with 3 other heads to boot. If it was 12" vs 13" I would not even bother with or thinking about SSC GL. I bought my son DCD Sinestro and he looks awesome in person! Much better than I expected.

Nothing new for me to add that hasn't been said really, I think he actually looks pretty good.....now let's just hope the actual product looks as good this time. Like other people have said they really could have gone nuts with accessories for this guy but fell waaaay short. And I don't know who advises SS on their pricing but they are so far off the mark with that price tag it's unreal.

Ummmm........isn't that what I said word for word???

The lack of accessories and the higher price point is baffling. This line has all come with at least a second head until Hal. Odd they'd stop that now. And the lack of any real accessories other than swappable hands and feet is also weird as Catwoman, Joker, Batman and Harley all came with a great amount of extras. Supes even had two capes in addition to his three heads. Hal just looks incomplete compared to the rest of the line. And why would that demand a higher price? I'm on the verge of dropping my completest status on this line because of these changes. I don't know what's going on with Sideshow lately, but the Apple approach of less for more is NOT working.

Yep. Of all the figures to skimp on. So many missed possibilities for constructs. Could have used a sort of angry head along with the almost smiling sculpt being offered. And of all the suits not to design as skin tight and as wrinkle free as possible. It itself is suppose to be a construct. Not a loose fitting costume.

Oh, well. It'll make for good custom fodder for me. It has some good points and I can definitely see how many will like this as is.

Back