SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow needs to realize they are not hot toys

This 100%.
Even if your a fan of this series or of Sideshow in general you have to admit these price increases are unwarranted. I'm no Hot Toys fanboy but one thing they are consistent in is quality, for the money you pay you know the quality will be there. Sure there are a few issues here and there but overall quality is a given....whereas lately Sideshow isn't even delivering the same final product they are selling us at the pre-order. After the last SEVERAL Sideshow releases I have come to the decision that I will never again pre-order from them and will instead wait for in hand pics from now on. I want this DC series to be a success, but as of right now the price vs quality simply aren't lining up.

I think the point was that it was SCULPTED separately.
Personally I love having removable masks, DCD did it okay with magnets. Until they fail. Now my Robin is exposed for all the world seeing he's **** and I've lost that tiny piece of black plastic.

Then I think there should have been an alternative HS. Superman got a couple, Batman had multiple faceplates. I think GL needed something.

Maybe Flash will be the one too good to pass up?

I have a feeling Flash will come with less accessories than this.

Looking at the figure, they should have made the exclusive a stand that was the same green clear material. You could have posed him on it and it would have looked like he was flying. I don't want to know what that would have cost in the final figure numbers but overall it would have really added to the figure. To me the ring energy blast should have just been included.

The one figure that needed tons of accessories and they cheaped out on it.

The thing that bothers me most about the suit is not the texture, but the fact that the material used is thicker and stiffer as it doesn't "hug" the figure as well as spandex. This causes all the muscle definition to be lost and makes him look not very superheroic.

Just received an email from SS. This week's weekly contest is Hal Jorsan himself. If you don't want to buy one, then maybe you can win one.

Not sure I agree with that regarding the GI Joe line. I can understand why some hated the interpretation, but I think it's fair to say that the quality of the figures improved along with the price. For example, comparing the Snake Eyes V.1 vs V.2, or Cobra Commander V.1 vs V.2, there is a definite improvement in bodies, costuming and paints.

But again, that was over the course of a few years. Going from Batman (an excellent figure), to a GL which comes with much less and costs more, in only a few months is just uncouth.

I actually own all the Joes, and loved the line quite a bit. I could have phrased it differently. The marquee characters, such as CC and Snake Eyes, got improved versions while the original figures were actually still pretty well done overall. Duke got a great figure, Hawk got a great figure, Rock 'N Roll was phenomenal, but when they started branching out into stuff like Flint, Stalker, Dusty, i.e. the "second tier" characters, things started going downhill. Flint is one of the worst, but Stalker is right up there. It just seems like they save their best stuff for the initial run and the "important" characters, but the secondary ones they're making due to obligation or just for filler see increasing prices and lowered quality.

I didn't think the Flint was so bad. Worst thing specific to him was the paintwork around his hair, but that is hidden by the beret in most cases. Also, Hawk and R&R came after Flint, for what it's worth.

Major improvements over the course of the line really had more to do with improved bodies more than anything else. Paintwork was always hit-or-miss on human sculpts, outfits and accessories didn't experience any significant improvements IMO. Cobra Commander benefited from having a more desirable design, and Snake Eyes benefitted from having more bells and whistles, though their decision on the cloth mask wasn't the best for V1, either.

I, too have most of them, my favorite being the two in one Supes. I think these figures, just because they are too tall, don't get the love they deserve. I have them on display together and they look great!

I did not want DCD sandman or v for vendetta, but I got both of them for a steal and I think they look freaking amazing! Wonder woman not so much and batgirl grey is OK, but black def looks better. The 3 superman figures are really good especially the kingdom come version and justice bats are awesome. Love the line even with larger bodies and for the price they can not be beat. Again SSC charging 200 plus with less accessories than DC direct is a joke! We should at least get what we pay for and with DC direct I got way more than I paid for in enjoyment, accessories, and quality. I am not saying DC direct are ht's, but for an 80.00 retail figure on average is a helluva deal. I paid 125 for kingdom come supes, and 135 for justice bats and have zero regrets or buyer remorse at all.

My only gripe with the DCDs is that some suits seem to be the same fabric as HT Reeve Supes, which is very fragile.

I agree that WW could have been better, but some are incredibly good. I love the way they handled Bizzaro! And Kingdom Come Supes is indeed awesome!

I liked the suits for the DCD characters, apart from the zippers. Those bodies were terrible, and out of scale of course, but considering you could get them for $50-75 in most instances, for something not too far removed from what SSC is giving us today for four times that, you can't complain too much about them.

I actually own all the Joes, and loved the line quite a bit. I could have phrased it differently. The marquee characters, such as CC and Snake Eyes, got improved versions while the original figures were actually still pretty well done overall. Duke got a great figure, Hawk got a great figure, Rock 'N Roll was phenomenal, but when they started branching out into stuff like Flint, Stalker, Dusty, i.e. the "second tier" characters, things started going downhill. Flint is one of the worst, but Stalker is right up there. It just seems like they save their best stuff for the initial run and the "important" characters, but the secondary ones they're making due to obligation or just for filler see increasing prices and lowered quality.

Fair enough... It's too bad they didn't come out with an excellent Scarlett to match up against Baroness (which I think was one of the best figures of the line) and a couple of other high-quality joes who were more Tier One (Gung Ho, Shipwreck, etc.), before closing it out.

Back to GL. I'll likely pre-order in the hopes that they will add more construct accessories after the pre-order launches. I'm pretty sure they didn't reveal everything that Batman or Superman came with on the initial pre-order. If I remember right, shortly after Batman pre-ordered, they released a video which detailed a bunch of extra stuff. Again, my memory could be bad, but I think they did the same thing with Supes.
I'm sure some big constructs would be too heavy for the figure to hold with one arm, but maybe they could incorporate the stand to help support a big Hammer construct, or something along those lines.
And ya, if DCD has a light up lantern, there is NO excuse for SSC not to have that....

I know lots of complained about lack of xtra's would've loved 2 have a big green gun or shield along with some light up feature's at least the damn lantern or base could have been nice. Anyway hate price but know im down 4 green lantern and flash. I'll go the hot toys route 4 aquaman and wonderwoman after the bats / super movie. I' m preying 4 sideshow to give us a damn Robin next up in the dc line.

Fair enough... It's too bad they didn't come out with an excellent Scarlett to match up against Baroness (which I think was one of the best figures of the line) and a couple of other high-quality joes who were more Tier One (Gung Ho, Shipwreck, etc.), before closing it out.

Back to GL. I'll likely pre-order in the hopes that they will add more construct accessories after the pre-order launches. I'm pretty sure they didn't reveal everything that Batman or Superman came with on the initial pre-order. If I remember right, shortly after Batman pre-ordered, they released a video which detailed a bunch of extra stuff. Again, my memory could be bad, but I think they did the same thing with Supes.
I'm sure some big constructs would be too heavy for the figure to hold with one arm, but maybe they could incorporate the stand to help support a big Hammer construct, or something along those lines.
And ya, if DCD has a light up lantern, there is NO excuse for SSC not to have that....

for Batman the pre-order pics on there page showed the items included so what you see in the pics is what your getting, if there was updates they would have said something by now especially since the price has people coughing (bulls#!t). you should see there Facebook page there is no one in favor of this figure.

people don't like cost, some said they could live with the costume if it came with constructs worth their dollars and people are wondering why no heads. with so many green lanterns there was alot of options but that's all in the past now. what we see is what's going to post on sideshows page tomorrow. I would not be surprised if Warner Bro's yanks the rights from there hands.

Last edited:
I know lots of complained about lack of xtra's would've loved 2 have a big green gun or shield along with some light up feature's at least the damn lantern or base could have been nice. Anyway hate price but know im down 4 green lantern and flash. I'll go the hot toys route 4 aquaman and wonderwoman after the bats / super movie. I' m preying 4 sideshow to give us a damn Robin next up in the dc line.

The Green Lantern figure will set me back as much as Hot Toy's Arkham Batman – there in lies the problem.
If Sideshow had been charging realistic prices for these figures – Like DAM are doing (just look at the Dredd figure) – i'm sure they would sell far more figures. For the price GL will cost we should get a light-up feature in his ring (possibly chest logo) and a light up power battery AT THE VERY LEAST! I think i'm gonna hold off on this guy now till he's released... great shame as I really wanted both him and the Flash. The only SSC figure i'll definitely buy now will be Robin – I'll have to look to Hot Toys movie franchise figures now to put together the Justice League!

Not a lot of extras for $219.99...

attachment.jpg

But at least the Exclusive version comes with this...

attachment-1.jpg

...which should come as standard with a GL figure!

All that said, I don't think the figure looks too shabby – it's just the textured green material of his suit which lets him down... a smooth material would have matched his mask and boots for a nicer overall look.

He looks great here...

attachment-2.jpg

...unfortunately, it's only a stylised photoshop image, and the ring and battery don't actually light up. Poor show, considering DCD 13" version came with a light up power battery at a fraction of the cost!

He looks great here...

View attachment 173590

...unfortunately, it's only a stylised photoshop image, and the ring and battery don't actually light up. Poor show, considering DCD 13" version came with a light up power battery at a fraction of the cost!

That is what I have been saying. DC direct got gl spot on and with lantern that lights up. If DC direct was 12" vs 13" , then I would not even remotely consider SSC version.

Back