SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a lot of extras for $219.99...

View attachment 173588

But at least the Exclusive version comes with this...

View attachment 173589

...which should come as standard with a GL figure!

All that said, I don't think the figure looks too shabby – it's just the textured green material of his suit which lets him down... a smooth material would have matched his mask and boots for a nicer overall look.

That exclusive plainly just sucks! Superman came with cool hand and braniac head, with this exclusive it looks like they were not even trying. The price is freaking ridiculous. We got from SSC the rotj vader with a TON of stuff and light up base and light up belt and accesoriess on the figure for 249.99. Sad!

My only gripe with the DCDs is that some suits seem to be the same fabric as HT Reeve Supes, which is very fragile.

I agree that WW could have been better, but some are incredibly good. I love the way they handled Bizzaro! And Kingdom Come Supes is indeed awesome!

Forgot about bizarro, he does look awesome! My wife and kids thought he was really cool looking. They nailed the head sculpt and paint was very good on head also.

If he was priced at 149.99 I guarantee there would be a lot less complaining and easier to make decision to buy. At over 200.00 much more difficult to make impulse buy or need to complete the line. 200.00 plus makes you really think about it and more likely to pass or wait till he is heavily discounted.

There's too much disparity in the styling of these things. They're kinda comic booky, & kinda movie-esque, but work for neither.

Obviously the price & lack of key features for some of them too, is a big deal breaker. You're honestly better off going with the DCD figures fwiw. :lol

Man, that price is gonna sit me on the sideline...till it's discounted! Maybe pics/in-hand interaction at SDCC will raise the bar for this one, but these day-one photos are a bit disappointing.

The Green Lantern figure will set me back as much as Hot Toy's Arkham Batman – there in lies the problem.
If Sideshow had been charging realistic prices for these figures – Like DAM are doing (just look at the Dredd figure) – i'm sure they would sell far more figures. For the price GL will cost we should get a light-up feature in his ring (possibly chest logo) and a light up power battery AT THE VERY LEAST! I think i'm gonna hold off on this guy now till he's released... great shame as I really wanted both him and the Flash. The only SSC figure i'll definitely buy now will be Robin – I'll have to look to Hot Toys movie franchise figures now to put together the Justice League!

"Armored Cop" is from Art Figures, not DAM. But a solid quality figure for $125. If it were licensed, I'm sure it would be higher than $125 but definitely not $220 like this guy. Sideshow is deluded.

The ex looks like a green flower. Not cool at all.

Thought the same thing. Like acid can squirt of it anytime.

If he was priced at 149.99 I guarantee there would be a lot less complaining and easier to make decision to buy. At over 200.00 much more difficult to make impulse buy or need to complete the line. 200.00 plus makes you really think about it and more likely to pass or wait till he is heavily discounted.

Exactly – It's a nice figure, just not $220 nice!

Maybe affatori sees something we don't. :lol

RR's getup was made to look like illuminated muscle tissue, but this figure looks like a guy in fancy dress; convoluted texturing, giant glove gauntlets & all.

Hooray for artistic license. :monkey1

I didn't think the Flint was so bad. Worst thing specific to him was the paintwork around his hair, but that is hidden by the beret in most cases. Also, Hawk and R&R came after Flint, for what it's worth.

Major improvements over the course of the line really had more to do with improved bodies more than anything else. Paintwork was always hit-or-miss on human sculpts, outfits and accessories didn't experience any significant improvements IMO. Cobra Commander benefited from having a more desirable design, and Snake Eyes benefitted from having more bells and whistles, though their decision on the cloth mask wasn't the best for V1, either.

Yeah, I know Flint came first. What I meant was that certain characters seemed to get a lot more effort put into them than others. And by the end of the line, once we got to SS v2 and such (with the exception of Baroness, who was fantastic), SSC just seemed bored. To me it seems like they're either starting to get bored early with this line or their 1/6 department just can't consistently make good figures.

Back to GL, though...the figure doesn't look bad, honestly...but it doesn't look like $220, either. $159.99 tops.

Funny thread.

Average looking figure.

Now I'm definitely making a Neal Adams inspired custom, & using ZERO parts from this one.
I'm curious to see if Tony Mei comes up with a GL suit. Unfortunately, I'm not sure much of this figure could be salvaged for use with a nicer suit. Unlikely he would go with the garish, shiny green used on the boots here. And I'm not even really a fan of the sculpt on this figure. I bet Rocco could do a nice GL sculpt, but if he did that and boots, it would cost an arm and a leg and would be a deterrent to putting the full custom together.

Maybe affatori sees something we don't. :lol

RR's getup was made to look like illuminated muscle tissue, but this figure looks like a guy in fancy dress; convoluted texturing, giant glove gauntlets & all.

Hooray for artistic license. :monkey1

Guess this suit reminds me how much I hated the movie as I hate this suit material choice. I should have been more specific, my bad. :dunno

I actually like everything but the green material of the suit... oh and the price and lack of accessories!
I've never bought a Tony Mei suit, but having seen the quality of them on here i'll jump at the chance if he does a GL suit.

I'm curious to see if Tony Mei comes up with a GL suit. Unfortunately, I'm not sure much of this figure could be salvaged for use with a nicer suit. Unlikely he would go with the garish, shiny green used on the boots here. And I'm not even really a fan of the sculpt on this figure. I bet Rocco could do a nice GL sculpt, but if he did that and boots, it would cost an arm and a leg and would be a deterrent to putting the full custom together.

I actually like everything but the green material of the suit... oh and the price and lack of accessories!
I've never bought a Tony Mei suit, but having seen the quality of them on here i'll jump at the chance if he does a GL suit.

He told me he was planning to.

Yeah, I know Flint came first. What I meant was that certain characters seemed to get a lot more effort put into them than others. And by the end of the line, once we got to SS v2 and such (with the exception of Baroness, who was fantastic), SSC just seemed bored. To me it seems like they're either starting to get bored early with this line or their 1/6 department just can't consistently make good figures.

Back to GL, though...the figure doesn't look bad, honestly...but it doesn't look like $220, either. $159.99 tops.

I honestly would put this figure at $125 tops. Due to lack of accessories. There is just nothing visually there to suggest more. I was being generous with above price. People I know said he is $85-100. Due largely to poor suit and lack luster accessories. The exclusive just lacks imagination. It looks like he is attempting to make starro

What's funny is the fist is green why not use phosphorus paint to allow for glow in dark option. Whatever it's not like they take good suggestions because there creative team can make a figure terrible all by themselves and still think it's awesome.

Last edited:
13" Lantern blows away Sideshow.....staying Classic costumes makes most sense

777539828_57a5a80298_z.jpg

The only changes I would make to above would be to use a higher grade Lycra and solid boots. Other than that you can't do wrong with his outfit he wore for 40 yrs. that was the only gripe I have with DCD the company bought the cheapest spandex on the market. It's called jumbo spandex at 5 bucks a yard.

Technically if you re painted the malaria ridden skin of the DCD lantern. Use a matte vinyl for gauntlets, matte miliskin for black and foil 4 way stretch green fabric. Ashkan boot feet and upper. Sculpted ring on a kaustic plastic body I'd say you got yourself one hell of a figure

Last edited:
Back