SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest issue was the same one I had with Superman: Not muscular enough.

Truthfully, I would be fine if all Sideshow's DC Superheroes used their Batman body.

With Superman, I have sculpted on muscles and I am waiting on my new suit from Tony.

I might have to go the same route for Hal.

Looks like a cheap Hasbro Titan figure with bad cloth clothing. Folks at best $80...really SS...you will have alot of unsold cases at $220 EACH?????????????

Looks ok to me for what it is. The textured suit is sort of annoying and over done, but overall it doesn't look bad. :huh

That $220 price tag is ridiculous though. :lol

$22.00 NRD, Are you kidding me? I was excited about this figure, not anymore. Looks like I will stop collecting this line.

I know right it's bad enough I got blasted on here when the creative team for the costume was Kevin and some other dude. I had no idea they would cheapen the figure more by lack of accessories and heads. Good job sideshow.

Sad that collectors will feel the need to pay for a new suit for a 200.00 plus figure that should have had it in the first place. :(

I am ok with the suit. My problem is the too thin body (which will once again make the head look too large).
The other problem is that after taking off the suit to modify or change the body, a person would need sewing skills to put it back on. There is no cape on this figure to hide bad sewing. Also not sure how this suit would stretch to accommodate adding muscles to the body.

If it's like Spider-man it's a give stretch which means no it won't stretch to accommodate a larger body

I don't know what SS is thinking. Throwing a NRD on this figure = I'm not ordering it until the production pics come in so I can see what I'll really be getting. It's already lacking the amount of accessories their previous DC 1/6 scale figures came with AND it's more expensive...what's the incentive to ordering now? Really, what's the incentive to ordering at all?

I believe the figure received positive response at SDCC but I think everyone at the time thought there would be some improvements (other than the boot color) as well as a ton of extras.

The order page does list it as a prototype so I am still hoping for improvements.

Being a big Hal Jordan fan, I will be purchasing it and making my own improvements if needed. Just no rush with a NRD.

Sideshow shot there foot off with the NRD. Either they don't want to sell this or there trying an experiment to see how many suckers there are.

I find it intersting that more than one person at SS had to sign off on this. You have the person who proposed the suit, then you have that person's boss, then likely at least one more person who said "yeah, lets go with the waffle suit that ppl have been complaining about before the full reveal." It's not like someone can go rogue and just design and sell a figure themselves under the ss banner. Same discussion had to be had internally re the price.

Each dept had there proposed duty. Plus they don't listen to any complaints they do there on thing in sideshow much like ht in that retrospect. So it either succeeds or fails. That's it. Literally bottom line. There was probably a deadline and I'm sure this textile had to be created and cost a fortune to print. So that's probably why the costume moved forward. And it could have effected the overall cost of figure. Plus dying clear resin and sculpting it to be like that for those limited pieces was probable trial and error. I bet it was time constraints and finances allocated for this production gave us this results.

Back