SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dont mind the suit, probably the final fabric will look better (fingers crossed). But, yes the suit wont hold a bigger body. You guys might be right.
I Guess a Tony Mei's suit will need to pop up to do the head swap

Fine. But there still had to be some internal approval process. This got the green light from more than one person. And whats the issue with the time constraint? GL has been around for decades. No new movie coming out or anything like that. So why the rush? Plus stuff gets pushed back all the time. And it really doesnt instill confidence on a relatively easy figure. Actually kind of hard to mess it up.

Like the portrait on this but it looks like Green Lantern Prom Night version with the shiny suit. $220 with an Nrd is pretty horrible.

Well GL does have a leaner muscular bod in comics. Not sure about current comics just know from justice league the nail and older comics he seams to be thinner than sups and bats. The kaustic body with rubber chest could make head look smaller.

Just a thought it's the only body I know thst has mass and looks visually lean and would look nice in a color block costume.

This already looks bad. Can only go downhill for the actual production piece. $220???? For this????
Easiest pass ever.

As far as the suit goes, I personally don't think it's a disaster. And more importantly, it does say it's a PROTOTYPE and that the final production may look different. Batman and Supes looked different when released, so it's too early to judge the production/design team in my opinion.
That said, I agree with everyone about the NRD. I was about to click "Pre-Order" until I saw that.
Again, I'm not sure why they are breaking from the established trend with their DC line. The previous ones didn't have an NRD (that I can remember paying for), so not only is it a higher price, for less figure, but an NRD on top of it? What the???

219.99 plus 22.00 nrd, looks like my first ssc dc pass. Really hate the green color and new pictures do not help suit texture either. This makes Superman look like a masterpiece.

I could live with the suit. I could live with the head sculpt (if they changed the lip color). What I can't live with, is the lack of constructs, or the boots! Are they crossing Guy Gardner and Hal? Green Lantern should have the most accessories. If anyone has to have a light up function it is Green Lantern!!!!! I regret selling my DCD figures to make room for this line!!!

As far as the suit goes, I personally don't think it's a disaster. And more importantly, it does say it's a PROTOTYPE and that the final production may look different. Batman and Supes looked different when released, so it's too early to judge the production/design team in my opinion.
That said, I agree with everyone about the NRD. I was about to click "Pre-Order" until I saw that.
Again, I'm not sure why they are breaking from the established trend with their DC line. The previous ones didn't have an NRD (that I can remember paying for), so not only is it a higher price, for less figure, but an NRD on top of it? What the???

The issue is that SSC has not had a good "prototype to production" streak. In fact the last few major releases (Drake, Han, Luke, Snake, Superman, etc.) have all looked worse than what was initially shown.

All of that on top of the NRD makes this really unfortunate.

I pre ordered Black Widow for $219.99 with NO nrd, and a ton of accessories!!!! Come on Sideshow, what the H--l are you thinking????

This already looks bad. Can only go downhill for the actual production piece. $220???? For this????
Easiest pass ever.

:exactly: and I do not like passing on figures. Exclusive right power up fist looks like a large bug hitting a windshield. Pathetic exclusive and missed opportunity for some cool accessories.

$220 for that? They are raising prices and this is a fine example besides the new HT Black Widow. And why is this Green Lantern looking like he's on a diet. I guess no exclusive for me and I'll wait for a discount code.

Joker and Harley were 179.99 with great accessories and better stands. Why has GL price jumped 40.00 over them and another 20.00 over Batman WITH LESS??? :gah:

If they can make a piece for Darth vader to light up they could have figured out how to get one to use a watch battery

219.99 plus 22.00 nrd, looks like my first ssc dc pass. Really hate the green color and new pictures do not help suit texture either. This makes Superman look like a masterpiece.

I thought I was being singled out with the NRD. Agree, with this item looking the way it looks now, and the $22 NRD, I'll be passing as well. "Nope to dope, and ugh to drugs..." I think at this point, I'll be putting all of my eggs in Mezco's Basket!!,

Back