SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the suit goes, I personally don't think it's a disaster. And more importantly, it does say it's a PROTOTYPE and that the final production may look different. Batman and Supes looked different when released, so it's too early to judge the production/design team in my opinion.
That said, I agree with everyone about the NRD. I was about to click "Pre-Order" until I saw that.
Again, I'm not sure why they are breaking from the established trend with their DC line. The previous ones didn't have an NRD (that I can remember paying for), so not only is it a higher price, for less figure, but an NRD on top of it? What the???

I would venture a guess that a lot of people have canceled their pre-order--A lot of leftover stock. This can be remedied by producing quality product. This Green Lantern's not quality.

The price I can deal with, the NRD? Nope. For me an NRD is a good faith thing that says you're not going to cancel. Sure Superman is liked by some but he didn't come as advertised so I don't have that good faith with SSC. I'll wait until I see production photos and then I'll get it if I like it. If I miss the exclusive fine but I'm not giving SSC any cash on this license right now given that Harley Quinn and Catwoman's bodies were highly complained about, only Joker and Batman came out loved and Superman is a mixed bag.

Their record hasn't earned it.

The NRD is to prevent people from having a change of heart on this figure. But $240 for this figure has to put this in ripely's believe it or not. This is so bad it's bordering on beyond ridiculous.

pre ordered,

the only thing I dont like is the body. Might have to change it for SS Superman's body

This seems to be the exact same body as SSC Superman. GL was never depicted as being very muscular, unlike Superman, this body appears appropriate for the character.

Yikes... This looks horrendous. Green is WAY too shiny, weird texture on suit, poor costume design, and abnormally huge open hands.

How is this even up for order in this state?

Sallah

Now I can see doing a NRD on Chewbacca but we didn't need to unless buying the set. And yes chewie was costly but it was hot toys and it's the wookie. Sure it has some probs and delays but he is worth it. This makes me feel like I would be buying it from someone else not sideshow.

Sideshow should have known better. This is beyond disappointing especially for the coin there asking.

This GL was not a pleasant surprise. I hope they make and add improvements like another head unmasked and separate mask. Make it more appealing to us DC fans. Let's get on the ball, SS. You're slippin.

My recommendations for sideshow to get out of this mess and to recoup money spent is to lower the cost to 150. It's only fair for what's being offered. There is just nothing there to support the cost offered. And to drop the NRD because it's just being rude to your customers that may have wanted to pre order. And those who did pay it get it deducted to over all cost.

I know you want to be like hot toys. You'll get there but not until you fix QC and produce better figures.

The lantern/battery accessory is planned to illuminate. Since the internal illumination effect in a small piece like this requires the help of our manufacturing partners, we were unable to show the light effect on our prototype for the gallery images.

I m realy disapointed the xtra big green hand of GREED is the EXCLUSIVE i guess he wil be stealing my 20 buck's 4 deposit ,since dont want to miss out on the ex. I 'm betting will be around but buying my peace of mind now i guess. This is waaaaay overpriced and too bare bones of a release. I was hoping for multiple heads oh well i guess pick up a dc direct so i can have more then 1 green lantern figure and Again wish came with big GREEN GUN or Shield or hammer. Ordered!

Last edited:
The lantern/battery accessory is planned to illuminate. Since the internal illumination effect in a small piece like this requires the help of our manufacturing partners, we were unable to show the light effect on our prototype for the gallery images.

Good to know, thanks!

This reminds me of going to the ballpark and paying $11 for a plastic cup of Budweiser.

What was the process by which this pattern was chosen given that 1. It's not the traditional suit, and 2. There were already grumbling about the same when first revealed at one of the toy fairs?

Thx.

The main problem is the patterned green material of the suit is awful, and just doesn't match the mask and boots.
The suit choice hadn't bothered me, but seeing how both Batman and Superman have been classic looks, then GL should have been his classic uniform too!

Back