SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was the process by which this pattern was chosen given that 1. It's not the traditional suit, and 2. There were already grumbling about the same when first revealed at one of the toy fairs?

Thx.

#1There are multiple versions of Green Lanterns suit throughout his existence in comics and film. Any specific choice we made, would have been the wrong choice to fans of another version. It is impossible, so we go into it knowing that there will be those that do not like it. Our hope is that by offering something a bit different, which perhaps is a representation of multiple versions - we can find a mark that resonates with enough people who are happy with it.

#2 It seems that any choice we make there are grumblings, so I can't really answer that with a response you will be satisfied with. We try to answer what we can, some we can't. Some suggestions may work for one or two custom or kitbashed pieces, but does not necessarily effectively translate in a mass production setting.

The main problem is the patterned green material of the suit is awful, and just doesn't match the mask and boots.
The suit choice hadn't bothered me, but seeing how both Batman and Superman have been classic looks, then GL should have been his classic uniform too!

I appreciate the feedback. Sorry you aren't feeling it.

There seemed to have been quite a bit of negative feedback in this forum and others regarding those choices you mention for Superman and Batman. So - how do we make you happy, while making those people who didn't like Batman and Superman happy?

Everyones opinion is valid, unfortunately we cannot make everyone happy.

#1There are multiple versions of Green Lanterns suit throughout his existence in comics and film. Any specific choice we made, would have been the wrong choice to fans of another version. It is impossible, so we go into it knowing that there will be those that do not like it. Our hope is that by offering something a bit different, which perhaps is a representation of multiple versions - we can find a mark that resonates with enough people who are happy with it.

#2 It seems that any choice we make there are grumblings, so I can't really answer that with a response you will be satisfied with. We try to answer what we can, some we can't. Some suggestions may work for one or two custom or kitbashed pieces, but does not necessarily effectively translate in a mass production setting.

There is a ton of grumbling. Way more negative than positive. So you missed the mark and made more people upset than happy.

Any chance Sideshow will sell these new hero bodys instead of us collectors to having to hunt down other option's 4 bodys?

Hey Matt, if you are still answering questions (thanks by the way) what exactly was retooled on this to make it delayed? I know the boots look different than what was shown at SDCC but everything else looks the same. What was the delay? Also, does this mean The Flash is on the horizon as well?

There is a ton of grumbling. Way more negative than positive. So you missed the mark and made more people upset than happy.

Aren't the forums usually filled with grumblings. i'm not sure that is the best metric to use in gauging whether a figure, overall, missed the mark. I suppose we will have to see.

Aren't the forums usually filled with grumblings. i'm not sure that is the best metric to use in gauging whether a figure, overall, missed the mark. I suppose we will have to see.

they are filled with grumblings, but GL has a large majority of grumbling in case you have not read through most of the posts.

Any chance Sideshow will sell these new hero bodys instead of us collectors to having to hunt down other option's 4 bodys?

I don't know.

We don't sell our figures with the intent of them being dismantled for parts. The suits, especially these hero suits, are tailored for the bodies we sell with the figures.

Hey Matt, if you are still answering questions (thanks by the way) what exactly was retooled on this to make it delayed? I know the boots look different than what was shown at SDCC but everything else looks the same. What was the delay? Also, does this mean The Flash is on the horizon as well?

What retooling are you referencing?

There was no delay, we just needed to complete the development.

What most people was asking was why pick this particular type of fabric over a smooth look like you have sups and bats. Why separate them visually from them so they don't harmonically appear just right.

Yes, there is always grumblings on a forum. There is also positive remarks. I believe a business should gauge both types of feedback. This way, you can retool or fix faults before this figure sits in the warehouse and collects dust and incurs carrying costs and possibly jeopardizes the license.

Why didn't he come with a second head sculpt?
I mean Joker,Harley,Catwoman and Batman all came with two sculpts!

I can't answer that beyond we chose not to include a second head. We chose instead to put cost into lantern that illuminates, a rather large multi component fist construct and other elements for this figure.

What most people was asking was why pick this particular type of fabric over a smooth look like you have sups and bats. Why separate them visually from them so they don't harmonically appear just right.

I believe I answered this above. Your 'just right' is different than his ' just right' which is different than their 'just right'

I'm not trying to be short, again, our choices unfortunately won't resonate with everyone.

Yes, there is always grumblings on a forum. There is also positive remarks. I believe a business should gauge both types of feedback. This way, you can retool or fix faults before this figure sits in the warehouse and collects dust and incurs carrying costs and possibly jeopardizes the license.

Yes, there are some positive remarks and we do take in both. Believe me Jerry - we do adjust what we can, when we can. You may not believe me, but we do.

I am just curious why the figure is seemingly based on a guy at Mardi Gras "kinda" dressed like Green Lantern instead of... ya know... Green Lantern.

Sallah

The last question I think was asked is if this was on a superman body. Or would suit fit over. I know these were built to not be deconstructed but I'm sure people are wondering as to body type

Back