SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Matt
GL isn't on my radar, but I want the line to succeed to eventually get some more Bat-Family dudes (Nightwing and Robin sooner than later please). I appreciate you coming on and offering what you can. You got some brass ones to be representing SS with this guy. Always nice to see companies paying attention. Don't let them scare you off!!

I'm sorta at a loss. You guys remember the cost of Vader and what all he came with. I don't get how much more expensive those two pieces were to make.

Sideshow is just clueless some times.
image.jpg

I don't know.

We don't sell our figures with the intent of them being dismantled for parts. The suits, especially these hero suits, are tailored for the bodies we sell with the figures.

Well i know a lot of collector's would buy many sideshow bodys and GREATLY APPRECIATE if Sideshow would consider selling the new bodys ,thank you 4 response. Keep up GREAT WORK!

Yes, there are some positive remarks and we do take in both. Believe me Jerry - we do adjust what we can, when we can. You may not believe me, but we do.

I do believe you Matt. I just don't want this line to fail. I preordered the entire line and really enjoy having them in my collection. You have to admit that, when this figure is compared to the rest of the line, it is grossly misrepresented. You still have time to mold and cast a couple of accessories, adjust the open hands and fix the power up fist. I believe this would be a fair compromise.

I think you guys scared him off.

Sorry - I need to reply...no one scared me off. I'm not here to defend the work, just to offer clarity during a quick break I had.

Sallah - I'm a big fan of KISS and New Orleans - how'd you guess?

Groovy- it's not the Superman body. I wouldn't recommend putting this suit on that body but since you have cut/sew skills - I look forward to seeing your kitbash later this year. I hope you weather any criticism of your custom work and effort.

ArmyMedic - sorry man, hopefully you will like what comes after GL.

Darth- Points taken. We have to consider figures based on how many we expect to sell. Nightwing seems to come up a lot so it doesn't fall on deaf ears. No promises though.

I'm now out though, I have to go find this factory that makes figures we can sell at $150.00.

To be frank I really don't know what Sideshow is doing with it's 1:6 DC line. After pretty much knocking PFs out of the park, these do absolutely zero for me. I think the heads are oversized and the bodies are inconsistent, and GL seems to have the worst costume yet. The only cool thing about this one is the construct. I'm not sure if it comes down to poor creative direction or putting the B-team on this line, but this has been a huge disappointment. I had planned to get this line since it was announced but have passed on every figure. On the bright side it's saved me money. I find it hard to believe that an art director actually approves these. It's like DC Direct all over again. So unless SS does a 180, or some other company gets the DC comic line I'm just going to focus on movies for DC 1:6. Maybe HT or some other company will pick up the Injustice Gods Among Us video game line, like they're doing with Arkham.

I appreciate the feedback. Sorry you aren't feeling it.

There seemed to have been quite a bit of negative feedback in this forum and others regarding those choices you mention for Superman and Batman. So - how do we make you happy, while making those people who didn't like Batman and Superman happy?

Everyones opinion is valid, unfortunately we cannot make everyone happy.

I have the Batman figure, and love it. I passed on Superman purely because of the headsculpt and price,.
I appreciate you coming on here and answering our questions, however I feel the negativity towards this figure greatly outweighs previous releases. It's just a shame SSC didn't take any notice of the feedback of the previews - pretty much everyone hated the material, same with The Flash, who would be outstanding if you listen to collectors and take our views onboard.

Sorry - I need to reply...no one scared me off. I'm not here to defend the work, just to offer clarity during a quick break I had.

Sallah - I'm a big fan of KISS and New Orleans - how'd you guess?

Groovy- it's not the Superman body. I wouldn't recommend putting this suit on that body but since you have cut/sew skills - I look forward to seeing your kitbash later this year. I hope you weather any criticism of your custom work and effort.

ArmyMedic - sorry man, hopefully you will like what comes after GL.

Darth- Points taken. We have to consider figures based on how many we expect to sell. Nightwing seems to come up a lot so it doesn't fall on deaf ears. No promises though.

I'm now out though, I have to go find this factory that makes figures we can sell at $150.00.

You'll see a kit bash I'm just waiting on head to be cleaned up a bit and drop some coin on fabric. I'm aiming for may on my lantern.

The NRD is to prevent people from having a change of heart on this figure. But $240 for this figure has to put this in ripely's believe it or not. This is so bad it's bordering on beyond ridiculous.

Let's face it- the NRD on a figure like this can only mean one thing- it's so weak they are getting all the $$$ they can on the meager POs they will get- if you like the figure fine but $220- think about that...$220?????????

I apologize, but Sideshow is screwing over customers. They know regardless X amount will sell and enough new customers will buy crap inferior offerings to continue the line.

It's not so much as a customer dedication or loyalty anymore, but blind cult devotion.

Sideshow wants HT devoition and pricing while expecting and dare I say demanding their customers to suck it up.

There will always be those who'll defend Sideshow with an absolute mentality. That's a given.

The NRD idiocy for the 12" GL figure is interesting. I spoke with SSC Customer Service and was told the NRD is being implemented due to them having to deal with high level of cancellations. I stated that cancellations to an extent are due to an inferior final production offering/quality control problems that people see with initial in hand pictures, but the representative completely dismissed that point stating that is not true and irrelevant?

I guess even SSC Customer Service have drank enough of the Kool Aid now to buy into their bull.

I'm building my own GL F that noise. that Green lantern is terrible and so will Flash. Because the only differences they made to him was texture head and hands to match the suit. So if you hate the suit you will hate the figure. if were lucky he will get lightning bolts to show speed but im expecting something monumentally stupid to come with flash like a tread mill.

the only thing i hope get's parted out because lets face it in order for companies to sell this will be with parting it out. so this will be every place we see parted out figures. granted the suits will sit there till judgment day. Id rather spend 200 making 2 figures. but id love to maybe pick up a lantern to see if it's better than dcd one. and use it for another figure. and maybe buy the enlarged hand construct but that's it really.

Eh, I do think the figure looks nice in terms of overall presentation.
But yeah... design is very messy, again disproportionate head sculpt and total lack of accessories with insulting exclusive.

Just kitbash your own GL, you might spend a little more. but you will get the GL you want. I know Tony is making the suits. I'm sure some else will make the other stuff.

Back