SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am glad you are smart enough to see my point of the poll unlike hockeyflows. That was my point, SSC needs to see that a lot of people are not happy with the figure quality and stupid price nearing 250.00 price point with crap for accessories. If he does not want to see my post or others then buy the figure if your happy with it. People like hockeyflow make coming to this forum not pleasant some times. Kids trying to act tough behind a key board. I have been supportive of SSC and have 11 flex pays currently going and have over 250 1/6 figures and just because I can afford to buy a sub standard figure for 220.00 plus dollars does not mean I should be happy with it or not voice my opinion about it. Maybe SSC will get the message, but I doubt it. At this rate the market will crash as many will not buy many figures or get out all together.

I agree with you but im not well liked on freaks it would have to be more than one member in the clicks here to hold your opinion to have value in freaks. especially the ones highly respected among everyone here. I'm like Ada Wong I say things no one likes to hear but it's like the old saying you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink so you put a bullet in it's head to stop it's suffering.

they have all of the info in front of them, it's a poorly designed figure with an exuberant price tag where a single construct and light up lantern is the sole reason for the extravagant price-tag.Who are they kidding with that rubbish. reminds me of an old saying "their is a sucker born every minute" (insert russian accent)

What a disappointment this figure is, wow. Not even at Spooktacular prices is this thing worthy to buy....

I am glad you are smart enough to see my point of the poll unlike hockeyflows. That was my point, SSC needs to see that a lot of people are not happy with the figure quality and stupid price nearing 250.00 price point with crap for accessories. If he does not want to see my post or others then buy the figure if your happy with it. People like hockeyflow make coming to this forum not pleasant some times. Kids trying to act tough behind a key board. I have been supportive of SSC and have 11 flex pays currently going and have over 250 1/6 figures and just because I can afford to buy a sub standard figure for 220.00 plus dollars does not mean I should be happy with it or not voice my opinion about it. Maybe SSC will get the message, but I doubt it. At this rate the market will crash as many will not buy many figures or get out all together.

I'm not sure how you read any aggressiveness in my post or why you felt like me pointing out facts somehow equates to not being smart but okay?

I'm curious how reading opinion-based, supportive posts makes your visits to this forum less enjoyable? I read through a few pages of this and saw that you wrote the same negative comment over and over and even started a thread that was closed because of its trolling nature. I'd actually argue that your posts insulting people who liked the figure are more likely to be a cause for some to not want to post in this thread; I know it's one of the reasons I stopped posting in the Superman and Batman threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall any ther figure invoking this much venom and ire. The only thing I can think of was HT Indy for $240. But that was nowhere close to the torches and pitchforks this figure brought out.

The figure looks like it should be 50£.
It has insuffiennt accessories. I really love the character and never bought the dcd one because I didn't think it was good enough. Definitely passing on this one.

$219? Good luck trying sell that. Lets see, sideshow doesnt need pay license over likeliness, subpar headsculpt and clothing, no extra head, lacking accessories, no light up features, mediocre display stand

if just if ssc give us more accesories and 2 HS . i can a bit justify the price...

I have the same one and a Hal Jordan from him as well.

The funny this is, I contacted the artist a few weeks ago to see if he was still doing customs. I was hoping to send him a body to do a new Hal Jordan for me.
He no longer does custom figures though :(

This was a cartoon I did years ago featuring that Hal:
3856930559_bf031928af.jpg

$80 off ebay a few yrs back

Kind of did the same shot aways back. I also have his black panther which was really good for a custom. He used magents in the chest to make a sort of seamless attachement for the cape.

Disco Lantern :lol

The best thing about this is, all they have to do is add another strap at the glove cuff to do Guy, cause it totally looks like they put his gloves on Hal for some reason.

The issue is that SSC has not had a good "prototype to production" streak. In fact the last few major releases (Drake, Han, Luke, Snake, Superman, etc.) have all looked worse than what was initially shown.

All of that on top of the NRD makes this really unfortunate.

I was never going to buy Drake, Han, Luke, or Snake, so I haven't really followed the "prototype to production" streak there. I posted pics about this in the Superman thread, but the reality is that the Superman prototype looked VERY similar to the production. The biggest difference I could see was the body. The suit was improved (in my opinion, other than the shorts), the headsculpt looks almost exactly the same, with slight difference in paint.

But in the end, as much as I have liked the DC line so far, I can't agree with an NRD for this GL figure, or the price for what has been shown.

I want to like this figure so bad because we deserve a really good GL after HT did naff all with the movie license but he's just so sub par it's not even funny.

To me everything is off on it & the price is just silly, can't believe that they have the nerve to ask over $150 for it.

Looks like the wait continues

Neil

$219? Good luck trying sell that. Lets see, sideshow doesnt need pay license over likeliness, subpar headsculpt and clothing, no extra head, lacking accessories, no light up features, mediocre display stand

At least the box gonna be artsy and stuff. :monkey3

It's great to see the people behind the products participate in this forum...
Now I understand why we don't see more of it, such a shame.

Even Alex, who is a great Rep, doesn't seem to come here much anymore :(

It's definitely a shame but like Dave said...Some Freak's social skills are lacking or non-existent.

It's definitely a shame but like Dave said...Some Freak's social skills are lacking or non-existent.

We had several SSC VIP's and Adam FREAKING Hughes was a regular poster here for crying out loud. Hughes would give insight into the poses he designed for statues, we'd shoot the **** about which order you should watch SW films in, he'd post his custom figures, it was great. And then the idiocy of some absolute morons drove them away. Jerry Vanderstelt had to leave for a while but lucky for us he came back.

We're damn lucky that Sideshow Alex still hangs around.

Back