SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why people say superhero bodies are unrealistic, aside from a few artists like Liefeld, Mcguinness and such, superhero bodies are realistic, sure, only fitness freaks/bodybuilders will look like that but they're not unrealistic.

I think Tony's custom looks way better than the original, he used a better proportioned body and trimmed the jawline and the head still looks big :lol that only shows what a piss poor job SSC did.

Wow! Tony's custom looks really nice. He's too "real world" proportioned for what I'm after though. I think I'm still gonna use the SS Bats body.

I got the exclusive version from Sideshow.... and many people ask why I do what I do, here is the reason......

for the first time I feel like I want a big discount for this.....

cape fabric was used from the edge side of the fabric roll from manufacture.... FAIL

The arm joint was way too tight, I have to use force to rotate the arms.... end up arm fall apart..... FAIL

if I didn't take the suit off to see what was going on, I would never know SS Superman body comes with exclusive two right shins..... FAIL

now you know why I mod my Superman figure.... I had no choice.....

Lack of Superhero bodies on the market.... For sure the stock Sideshow Superman body didn't domit for me
I agree with you. You custom looks way better than the Sideshow original. It's just that it looses the comic style since the chest and waist are kind of straight. Maybe lower the trunks on the waist just a tad?

I agree with you. You custom looks way better than the Sideshow original. It's just that it looses the comic style since the chest and waist are kind of straight. Maybe lower the trunks on the waist just a tad?

the HT MOS body has a big thick waist, if I lower it, the belt will look bulky. I understand what you mean and lower waist is more of the modern fashion. as this version I'm making is more the older version. (as you can see, the suit is the older light blue color I choose) trunks are higher from older Superman comic

here is another one I did

i think he looks good on the MOS steel body tony. thanks for posting that, i may have to try that as i do not have a spare ssc batman body.

*edit he looks way on the MOS body. better than the SSC batman body.

Tony's custom looks great! That said, as I am not a customizer, I am happier with him than I thought I'd be...
_1016140.JPG
_1016141.JPG
_1016145.JPG
_1016147.JPG

With Batman
_1016153.JPG
Batman is definitely much beefier, but they don't look that bad together. For me, I won't be posing them together on my shelves anyway....

_1016154.JPG
Definitely a square jaw, but the rubber-skin neck is actually pretty thick. So from most angles, other than straight on, the head/jaw doesn't look as Quagmire as some pics suggest...
_1016156.JPG
_1016157.JPG

So.... my first impressions... (not that my opinions matter as a newbie with only a few posts)

Certainly not the perfect Superman, but definitely not the catastrophe that the initial pics and reviews made him look. The suit is pretty nice, the colours are great, and the paintwork on the face and boots is pretty good. The sculpt paint isn't Hot Toys quality, as expected, but on mine, the tan is natural, and thankfully, the eyes are not all screwed up like the Drake figure. I do wish they were a brighter blue, but I'm sure some of you can make that change.
The body itself is tough to tell right now. At first, it was REALLY tight everywhere. But it did loosen up without much plying, so I'm thinking it might have been due to the cold weather (it's only 10 degrees F here, and I think it had an affect on the box being outside for while). I would say the body is similar to Batman. Not Hot Toys quality, but a big improvement on the Gi Joe line for example.
The cape. I would say that Sideshow is making the best 1/6 capes out of all the manufacturers (not including customizers like Tony). Mine didn't have the issue that Optibotimus had, in that my cape clips are even on the outfit, so the cape hangs well. BUT DOES REQUIRE A LOT OF PATIENCE AND FIDDLING. Both the wire, and non-wired capes. The tips will slide out of the outfit anytime you grab it. But when in place, both look pretty nice and drape pretty well. The biggest issue I have with mine is the stand. Because of the thickness of the stem, it's tough to put him in a decent hover/flight pose, because the stem/post of the stand gets in the way of his legs. Speaking of his legs, they don't look too thin.... until you bend them. If you have him in any kind of crouching or bent-legged pose, something looks off (probably because as they aren't real muscle, they don't contract with the bend, so they look odd).

Also, the head is not bigger than Batman's. That previous pic must have something to do with the neck post he's using on the Batman body. Putting the heads side by side, they match up perfectly from a scale standpoint. If you think Batman's head is too big, then you will think Supes' is as well. Otherwise, it's not a lolly-pop head...

WHEW... I feel pretty good about the purchase, especially since I used some points on him so he was only $170 for me...

Could you show a straight pic of him and Batman side by side without the capes on the way? Would really appreciate it

I've gotten used to not getting anything from SS lately so I'd almost forgotten that this was shipping this week. Should have mine Thursday.

Back