SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adding cotton to the shoulders is a great idea!
He looks too gummy to me, I think I may elongate the teeth and thicken out the sides of his head with hair, like this quick photoshop I did........................

Now that's the Joker I want from SS! :clap I REALLY want a Neal Adams version with the "Wolverine hair style" or a Marshal Rogers style Joker. I hope SS makes a classic version and not another modern version with the face cutoff :monkey2

I had to kitbash a Batman to go with my Joker.

Here's a quick. Batman does not look pleased.

9853456344_67de6f5a73_b.jpg

Awesome shot. That's one hell of a kitbashed Bat.

Im with you on that we need more classics. like:

Bronze age Catwoman

catwoman_cinar-1.jpg

The Penguin, Riddler and Two-Face

108901759_-secret-origins-of-two-face-penguin-riddler-dc-comics-.jpg

mr. freeze
if he came with a compartment for dry ice so he could mist that would be cool
Mister_Freeze_0019.jpg

Catman with metal claw bracer type knuckle claws
20130115225646%21Catman_0008.jpg

and finally
jervis Tech aka the Mad Hatter
he would be the shortest of the batman line maybe slightly taller than the penguin making him a female figre height.

Mad_Hatter_0017.jpg

Awesome shot. That's one hell of a kitbashed Bat.

Thank you! After I took the picture, I realized I had his belt upside down. It is now corrected and have posted some more pics here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134229

In keeping with the Joker theme:
Here is Mr. J. taking Harley's babies for a walk:

9859801124_16d1f8dfd1_b.jpg

I picked up Bud and Lou (Harley's hyenas) at the Jerseyfest Statue and Model Kit Fair for $3 each last week. I created bases for them this morning.

Leg Swap Success! :yess:

Here's a quick tutorial for those that have an extra Sideshow body laying around. One could simply swap bodies too, of course, but for me that wasn't an option. The extra body I had was super floppy from the hips up, but the knees were rock solid. So I combined the best from both bodies.

1. Pry apart the thighs. This is the only way to get the knees out. No amount of pulling will get you there. For one thing, the knees on this are like taffy, and will actually tear before they pull out (one of mine actually did in the trial and error stage). More importantly, both the hip and knee joints are designed to be permanently in place once the thighs are glued together in the factory. Prying apart the thighs is easier said than done. There is first a period of frantic pulling, and squeezing to get them to start to split apart. Once they do, you can get a screwdriver in there and twist. Just be careful and take it slow so that they come apart at the seam only.

2. Repeat on the extra body. The good news is that you can just crush the thighs with a pliers this time to get the lower legs off unless you have some use for them, which I don't.

IMG_6627.jpg

3. Get the hips and lower legs all lined up with the thighs (one side at a time). It's important that you remember to get both his lower leg and hip in place before you do any glueing because, as I said, both the hip and knee joints are designed to be permanently in place once the thighs are glued together, and you wont be able to force them in anymore than you can force them out. [Didn't get a pic of this.]

4. Glue the thighs together. You will most likely need to sand/cut away some of the spots that got gouged up in the break apart process in order to get good contact for the glue.

IMG_6628-1.jpg

And that's all there is to it.

I also tightened the ankle joints using the super glue trick:

1. Remove the ankle pegs from the shoes/socks. (Just pull them out with a pliers.)
  2. Work some super glue into the ankle joint.
  3. Wipe off the excess.
  4. Start articulating the joint, and don't stop until the glue is dried.
  5. Repeat until you achieve the desired tightness. (For me, this was two applications.)
  6. Over the course of the next hour or so, keep checking on the joints. They may start sticking again, so keep articulating them. (Kind of like stirring occasionally in a recipe. :D)

Here's a quick pic just to show how well he stands now even with his legs tightly together.

IMG_6631.jpg

Knees can be posed nice and straight, and I have no fears of him tipping over. :)

[Edit]

I was thinking that the only drawback to this mod is that the lower legs aren't white anymore. Then I remembered how easy the lower legs (below the knee) are to swap. :slap

IMG_6634.jpg

Unlike the peg above the knee which cannot be slipped in and out of the thigh, the lower knee peg can be slipped out/swapped easily from the lower leg. Now it just looks like he's wearing flesh-colored knee pads. :/

Last edited:
No one still has answer this for me.. is it possible to use an hot toys true type body for the Sideshow Joker...

Yes. Tony did it, but there is some moding that needs to be done. I'll see if I can find the link...

No one still has answer this for me.. is it possible to use an hot toys true type body for the Sideshow Joker...

I used a true type Narrow shoulder knock off, switched the forearms from the sideshow to keep the possible exposed wrist white (they just pull off both figures). The foot pegs from the TT will fit in the Joker shoes once the pro pegs are removed.

I was thinking that the only drawback to this mod is that the lower legs aren't white anymore. Then I remembered how easy the lower legs (below the knee) are to swap. :slap

IMG_6634.jpg

Unlike the peg above the knee which cannot be slipped in and out of the thigh, the lower knee peg can be slipped out/swapped easily from the lower leg. Now it just looks like he's wearing flesh-colored knee pads. :/

Are people finding the ears seem to be too pink and almost like bearly any White has been used on them?

I saw the review for this Joker figure at MC Toy Review. It looks great and I heard Kato was the person who tailored the costume sample for SideShow.

But the more I see the pictures the more I compare this with the Jack Nicholson Joker released by Hot Toys. I know one's a live action version and this one is the comic version but the accessories are similar and I feel that the play value will also be very close. Might just pass on this and see if SideShow will release a Hawaiian shirt version with a camera.

Might just pass on this and see if SideShow will release a Hawaiian shirt version with a camera.

As long as you have lots of patience. If I wanted that version, I would kitbash my own.
Sideshow has been very slow their DC releases and haven't put Batman or Catwoman up for preorder yet. They were first shown at the 2012 SDCC.
I could be wrong but I feel by the time Sideshow would get around to that version of Joker, 10 years would have passed. That is if they keep the license that long.

Back