SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the review for this Joker figure at MC Toy Review. It looks great and I heard Kato was the person who tailored the costume sample for SideShow.

But the more I see the pictures the more I compare this with the Jack Nicholson Joker released by Hot Toys. I know one's a live action version and this one is the comic version but the accessories are similar and I feel that the play value will also be very close. Might just pass on this and see if SideShow will release a Hawaiian shirt version with a camera.

haha!
I'd buy that so ****ing fast.

I've always wanted a Mr. freeze.

I bet SS will hit it out of the park. Also, really nice work on the knee swap :clap

They are making multiple Batmans? :panic::yess:
Pretty sure they won't stop a just the blue and and grey version.

In keeping with the Joker theme:
Here is Mr. J. taking Harley's babies for a walk:

9859801124_16d1f8dfd1_b.jpg
Looks awesome!

I saw the review for this Joker figure at MC Toy Review. It looks great and I heard Kato was the person who tailored the costume sample for SideShow.

But the more I see the pictures the more I compare this with the Jack Nicholson Joker released by Hot Toys. I know one's a live action version and this one is the comic version but the accessories are similar and I feel that the play value will also be very close. Might just pass on this and see if SideShow will release a Hawaiian shirt version with a camera.

Not if SSC uses the same body. They need to update that before they make hawaiian shirt joker.

the hot toys joker had a fatsuit added to it if you remove it the body is a narrow shoulder body in pale color. for those not conserned with joint color you can sandpaper and spraypaint any body white. for those who are you will need to remove the parts and sandpaper and use Gesso to create a base in white the paint can hold onto. and the knee will take several coates of the best acrylic paint or this stuff that comes in a small tube used by artist to create whites in the eyes of artwork.

these white paints might stand up once the matte varnish is worn down.

Last edited:
Great job on the leg swap, Maglor!

One thing to note, for those that don't have spare parts to swap, the super glue trick used to tighten up the ankles also worked for me on the upper knee joints as described in my earlier post... I also have a super stable Joker (what an oxymoron that is) with rock solid legs now.

Looking good Mags! I'm starting to build a 2nd Joker myself, this time using the clone body. The 2nd head is far too nice to leave in the box, I'm going for a pseudo Killing Joke look.

I bet SS will hit it out of the park. Also, really nice work on the knee swap :clap

Pretty sure they won't stop a just the blue and and grey version.

Looks awesome!

is it me or are those hyena's just a bit to big compared to joker because there suppose to be the size of a dog

Great job on the leg swap, Maglor!

One thing to note, for those that don't have spare parts to swap, the super glue trick used to tighten up the ankles also worked for me on the upper knee joints as described in my earlier post... I also have a super stable Joker (what an oxymoron that is) with rock solid legs now.

Cool!

For some reason when I read your post, I thought you simply glued the top knee joint in place, thus reducing poseability.

For me, the new knee is superior simply because they're made out of hard plastic. The rubbery knees just drive me nuts even knowing they are there.

Cool!

For some reason when I read your post, I thought you simply glued the top knee joint in place, thus reducing poseability.

For me, the new knee is superior simply because they're made out of hard plastic. The rubbery knees just drive me nuts even knowing they are there.

Just to clarify, I did pretty much lock the top section of the knee joint into the thigh...it doesn't twist left or right anymore (which made it unstable) and it doesn't bend there either. But the lower section of the knee joint still bends just fine and retains plenty of poseability (not that I have a lot of the knee bent anyway) if needed.

With respect to the ankle joints, I only put a small drop of glue into the shoe hole itself, most of the work I did was on the round joint piece...it's nice & tight now!

And you're absolutely correct, the plastic these knee joints are made is too damn soft...hopefully this gets corrected for future figures....we got lucky because all the Jokers' clothes can be removed, but with superhero figures that might not be the case.

Last edited:
And you're absolutely correct, the plastic these knee joints are made is too damn soft...hopefully this gets corrected for future figures....we got lucky because all the Jokers' clothes can be removed, but with superhero figures that might not be the case.

Goo point. Will really suck if Harley comes with knees like this. :mad:

is it me or are those hyena's just a bit to big compared to joker because there suppose to be the size of a dog

a full-grown hyena is much larger than your average dog. they can stand 6 ft tall on their hind legs and weigh up to 200lbs.

hyena.jpg

the ones in the picture with the dynamite, etc. are meant to be puppies. in 1/6, they looks like juveniles.

So how exactly are these knees supposed to work. They don't 'click' at all...and it takes some real force to get them to move...they feel like they are going to break before they bend?

I looked under the pants, they have the 'cap' that should bend or move above and below...right?

Yes. They have a joint above and below the knee cap.

The problem is that they used a rubber-like plastic to mold the joint. There has been a lot of discussion about it here, and there are two mods to fix it so far.

Back