Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the movie was more entertaining than the monsteriosity known as the LOTR trilogy.

thats just my opinion. sorry.

Thor totally rocked my face.

There's nothing to apologize for....no matter how whacked out it is, you are intitled to your opinion. I am dying to know however, why on earth you would compare an action film based on a comicbook character, with a fantasy film based on a literary masterpiece? Wouldn't common sense dictate the most logical genre of film to compare Thor to, would be other comic-related action films...of which there are more than enough to draw comparisons with? :confused:

But instead, you chose to compare it to the 'monstrosity' [and yes, this is the correct spelling] known as the LOTR trilogy. A trilogy apparently entertaining enough that it was able to generate 3 billion in ticket sales alone, and win 17 Oscars. Not to mention it is the movie franchise most responsible for putting movie-related collectibles and Sideshow on the map. It's just my opinion, but that has to be one the stupidest comparisons I've ever seen.....sorry. :cuckoo:

Maybe Sebastian was comparing this Thor movie is more entertaining than the big, highly successful trilogy, classic, lenghly(monsteriosity) of LOTR.

I read the three books of LOTR way back before I left high school. It tend to drag at certain area. The movie can't cover all three books but it did well of a job. Great books and movie but I can't bring myself to start another line. Otherwise, I'll be swimming in statues.

There's nothing to apologize for....no matter how whacked out it is, you are intitled to your opinion. I am dying to know however, why on earth you would compare an action film based on a comicbook character, with a fantasy film based on a literary masterpiece? Wouldn't common sense dictate the most logical genre of film to compare Thor to, would be other comic-related action films...of which there are more than enough to draw comparisons with? :confused:

But instead, you chose to compare it to the 'monstrosity' [and yes, this is the correct spelling] known as the LOTR trilogy. A trilogy apparently entertaining enough that it was able to generate 3 billion in ticket sales alone, and win 17 Oscars. Not to mention it is the movie franchise most responsible for putting movie-related collectibles and Sideshow on the map. It's just my opinion, but that has to be one the stupidest comparisons I've ever seen.....sorry. :cuckoo:

Haha someone please help untangle this guy's knickers from the crack of his ass :)
Lol I can almost hear you crying "Leave Britney alone" style as you typed this post!
Great stuff

Maybe Sebastian was comparing this Thor movie is more entertaining than the big, highly successful trilogy, classic, lenghly(monsteriosity) of LOTR.
I read the three books of LOTR way back before I left high school. It tend to drag at certain area. The movie can't cover all three books but it did well of a job. Great books and movie but I can't bring myself to start another line. Otherwise, I'll be swimming in statues.

Who knows. :lol I just saw Thor yesterday and absolutely loved it! :clap Both are fantastic movies, but other than that they really don't have much of anything in common. I couldn't care less which movies he loves or hates, that's his business....I just don't get the comparison. :dunno

Last edited:
Destroyer in this movie just not the same/similiar as the comics. Its cool how it swisted around but I can't see how anyone can be inside it. Loki should be available next.

Who knows. :lol I just saw Thor yesterday and absolutely loved it! :clap Both are fantastic movies, but other than that they really don't have much of anything in common. I couldn't care less which movies he loves or hates, that's his business....I just don't get the comparison. :dunno

I'm guessing he meant 'monsteriosity' as epic film or something. Although it's crossing genres I guess you could still say one film entertained more than the other for him. Both were great to me.

Just got back from THOR! Yes, I was planning to see it Thursday but that's life. It was epic and I enjoyed every second of it! Can't wait to see Thor in action in the Avengers!

Just got back from THOR! Yes, I was planning to see it Thursday but that's life. It was epic and I enjoyed every second of it! Can't wait to see Thor in action in the Avengers!

yep, saw it this weekend at my brother inlaws and they always see this shows in 3D, which i don't like. but i'll most likely see it this tuesday in town on cheap night just so i can pay more attention to the film and not get bug eyed over the 3D effects.

great, great show though imo. right up there with the first IM movie.
still not sold on the statues though.:dunno

I thought the movie was great and very entertaining! I look forward to getting the Thor statue now, especially if they make a movie cap.

Im gonna pass on Destroyer, looks awesome but I would have liked to see a little more screen time of him.

Back