Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:

I'll only be getting the PF though. :yess: Now i just need SSC to get Loki & Odin made. :D

Yeah, PF of those two would be awesome.

HT is great but as I hv said, it is a toy. It is like no matter how perfect u act, if u are not blue blood u are not.

Maybe an adult toy I guess. In how you're trying to make it come across these are the toys you play with. I assure you 99.99% of us aren't in out back yards making sounds with these. I've been collecting this high end stuff for nearly a decade and I can assure that there is nothing "better" about collecting pf bs 1:6th.

Not gonna lie it does annoy me when someone acts like what they collect is "above" what others collect. :lecture:

All good points...That said I'm def not trying to compare the two types of collectibles as a means of determining what I plan on collecting...but more so thinking about each product on it's own accord and making sure I continue to build the ULTIMATE Thor collection. Personally I'm already sold on the PFs and comiquette lines of SSC, but I have to admit HT does some good work and I'm thinking about what all could be coming soon to decided if I want the Thor HTs enough to write them into my collectible spending money. Hmmm...

Yeah, PF of those two would be awesome.

Maybe an adult toy I guess. In how you're trying to make it come across these are the toys you play with. I assure you 99.99% of us aren't in out back yards making sounds with these. I've been collecting this high end stuff for nearly a decade and I can assure that there is nothing "better" about collecting pf bs 1:6th.

Not gonna lie it does annoy me when someone acts like what they collect is "above" what others collect. :lecture:

I saw you in your video running around the yard with your HT Iron man doing just that. :lecture :lol :wink1:

Last edited:
All good points...That said I'm def not trying to compare the two types of collectibles as a means of determining what I plan on collecting...but more so thinking about each product on it's own accord and making sure I continue to build the ULTIMATE Thor collection. Personally I'm already sold on the PFs and comiquette lines of SSC, but I have to admit HT does some good work and I'm thinking about what all could be coming soon to decided if I want the Thor HTs enough to write them into my collectible spending money. Hmmm...

The reason i won't but the HT Thor line is because the 2 SSC have made are more than good enough, so the money i'd spend on getting the HT as well can be better spent on the SSC line. :)

Agree 100% and this isn't the first time that same poster is claiming HT is an inferior line to collect than SSC :monkey4

To be fair it's normally the other way around on this forum though. I've said before that everyone should just buy what they like and no one is inferior.

Last edited:
To be fair it's normally the other way around on this forum though. I've said before that everyone should just buy what they like and no one is inferior.

I think maybe it is just me, if you have ever have the chance to shop at HT retail stores, you would know why it is "inferior". When people have criticizing SSC of being an unethical evil business, when you know more about HT, you would be appreciative to SSC, this is just my 2 cents.

But I still insist on one thing, figure are toys, its essential properties is being playable. Statue on the other hand is an art. So Jay you are right you just get what you want but at the same time it does not mean one cannot point out the obvious.

The reason i won't but the HT Thor line is because the 2 SSC have made are more than good enough, so the money i'd spend on getting the HT as well can be better spent on the SSC line. :)

If you just display things and are not going to play with the figure, there is no point in getting a figure. Without a decent setup, figures are without souls, one can try to prove me wrong, I am open to that.

Besides it appears to me that it is not always the case that you can get 2 HT for the price of one SSC, look at the Jack Sparrow PF and 12". You pay $100 more and get a hand painted statue rather than a mass produced PVC.

Again, it is all about what you want, I love playing Lego and 1SSC = 1 big box of lego + many small boxes of lego. When I am bored, I need the lego not SSC, but if I am thinking to set up a display, I am not looking at Lego alone. (Lego can be a great display, but I am just not talented enough.)

But I still insist on one thing, figure are toys, its essential properties is being playable. Statue on the other hand is an art.

People collect antique guns/rifles/swords/daggers and display them b/c they find them beautiful or b/c they hold some other intrinsic value to the owner.

For you to just say 'they are weapons' they cannot be art is your own opinion, and a very tired 1 at that.

I'm not into hot toys either chicky baby but...

g6736g6419.gif

I think maybe it is just me, if you have ever have the chance to shop at HT retail stores, you would know why it is "inferior". When people have criticizing SSC of being an unethical evil business, when you know more about HT, you would be appreciative to SSC, this is just my 2 cents.

But I still insist on one thing, figure are toys, its essential properties is being playable. Statue on the other hand is an art. So Jay you are right you just get what you want but at the same time it does not mean one cannot point out the obvious.

If you just display things and are not going to play with the figure, there is no point in getting a figure. Without a decent setup, figures are without souls, one can try to prove me wrong, I am open to that.

Besides it appears to me that it is not always the case that you can get 2 HT for the price of one SSC, look at the Jack Sparrow PF and 12". You pay $100 more and get a hand painted statue rather than a mass produced PVC.

Again, it is all about what you want, I love playing Lego and 1SSC = 1 big box of lego + many small boxes of lego. When I am bored, I need the lego not SSC, but if I am thinking to set up a display, I am not looking at Lego alone. (Lego can be a great display, but I am just not talented enough.)

Ok, now you're getting too smart for a chicken. What happen to butts and cookies? :lol:lol:lol

Kidding!

People collect antique guns/rifles/swords/daggers and display them b/c they find them beautiful or b/c they hold some other intrinsic value to the owner.

For you to just say 'they are weapons' they cannot be art is your own opinion, and a very tired 1 at that.

Base on your definition everything can be an "art" while everything is not an "art", because following your thoughts, there is no essential property of things, when one think X is Y, X is Y, neglecting the fact that X is P.

To interpret other ways, there are primary or essential properties of things. Figure's primary property is being a toy, like sword, rifles and whatever, they are weapons and it is the fact.

It is not the case that figure cannot be art, they are just essentially not art.

Base on your definition everything can be an "art" while everything is not an "art", because following your thoughts, there is no essential property of things, when one think X is Y, X is Y, neglecting the fact that X is P.

To interpret other ways, there are primary or essential properties of things. Figure's primary property is being a toy, like sword, rifles and whatever, they are weapons and it is the fact.

It is not the case that figure cannot be art, they are just essentially not art.

Everything can be art really. If you charge people for it it's called fine art.

Play with their figures? Unless someones about 12 I doubt any of us are playing with them. Hell, I'd say most people treat their 1:6th like I do as a mini statue. Set it up in the display the way we want but other than that we leave it be minus a few change outs once in a while. Which you can do with statues and PF's as well. As far as having no soul thats your opinion of course but when I set mine up they have as much feeling to me in relation to whats on screen or something from my childhood as any statue I've owned. So personally I think you're wrong and a snob for thinking that just statue collecting is the way to go. As Jay said collect what you like and enjoy that. If you're like me you collect both and get the satisfaction that comes with both.

PS: Statues are made from polystone and that is a type of plastic. ;)

According to dictionary.com, 'art' is defined:

1. the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

2. the class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria; works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures, or drawings: a museum of art; an art collection.

Clearly, my opinion is based off definition #1 whereas your seems to be more focused on #2, which is a more rigid definition.

why arguing about hot toys and sideshow??it's different scale,different artists...buy what you like is art imo

Back