Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before the NRDs Thor would have sold out on day one! Now that there's a consequence to canceling people think a lot more before ordering. At least i know I do :)

Last edited:
Before the NRDs Thor would have sold out on day one! Now that there's a consequence to canceling people think a lot more before ordering. At least i know I do :)
Ditto, brother. It forces you to buy what you really like, not to simply place an order just in case you decide you actually want it, then most likely cancel it later on.

OK so now the excitement of ordering the Thor PF has worn off, I am ready to order a Captain America PF from the upcoming movie:). I know we are all hoping for it but has anyone heard or seen anything to indicate that it will indeed be produced? It just makes sense that they would assemble an Avengers movie line up of characters right?

Just curious, how far back did people know that this Thor PF was being made? What I'm getting at is would we already know something with Cap movie being roughly 2-1/2 months away?

I am also looking forward to getting a movie version Captain America PF to go with Thor. Sideshow mentioned both of these pieces back in October of 2010:

Q.

Is there any chance Sideshow will re-make the Captain America or Thor statues? Because I believe so many people missed the Premium Format, and they will be pleased if there are any more Captain America and Thor upcoming.

A.

Captain America and Thor will both see release in 2011 thanks to the new movie versions, and it’s very possible that we’ll return to both characters in comic form at a future date.

Which is fine because a good portion of those people that caused it to sell out day 1 canceled after they decided otherwise. Thus leaving too much stock sitting around or too high ES.

Well they probably changed their policy as well. They used to set a 'soft' ES behind TBD then put a fake 'sold out' sign and a waitlist and convert all the people on the list and increasing the 'soft' ES to a much higher ES. Now with NRD, they have money down, so their financial department is telling them to leave the ES open and not have any waitlist yet so they can just collect NRD for a few weeks then decide on an ES.

So last time selling out within a day while spectacular, didn't mean as much as we thought anyways, because they just converted many of the waitlisters in the next few weeks.

That's why people shouldn't order on TBD ES with NRD til they announce a fixed ES. Either way there is no rush to order, they will keep it open for a few weeks at least. Free NRD. They can even generate the interest off that while pieces get pushed back further and further.

Which is fine because a good portion of those people that caused it to sell out day 1 canceled after they decided otherwise. Thus leaving too much stock sitting around or too high ES.

:goodpost::exactly: Then a large portion of those will put it up on ebay and cancel when it can't sell before shipping.

Back