Star Ace Harry Potter - Sirius Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you like to see Sirius released?

• Azkaban prisoner and Order of Phoenix as 2 seperate releases

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • One figure with both costumes, one headsculpt (cheaper)

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • One figure with 2 costumes and 2 headsculpts (more expensive)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • One set with both full figures

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters
I mentioned earlier that Star Ace told me that the official worldwide release is/was the 25th, so retailers should have them soon.

Nothing yet, unfortunately. If I were to bet, i would say Dumbledore is next. But, I also bet and hoped on Mad-Eye, so I can't be right twice in a row, so who knows.

25th of June?

May. Two days ago. I'm only going by what Paul Cho at Star Ace was kind enough to tell me. He said international release was 25th of May, and they were starting shipping a week or so before. So, They should be pretty close, but who knows. So many unknown factors. Also, last year, Paul gave me a list of release dates for Harry, Ron, Hermione, Sirius and Voldemort, but they were very optimistic. That's the problem with the business - unpredictable. . . But well worth the wait, in my opinion.

Dave will know a lot more than me, if he's willing/able to share, I don't know.

I'm aware the 25th of May was 2 days ago. ;)

Thanks for the info. I'm just waiting for SSC to get him in stock. I've got some RPs that I need to blow.

I'm aware the 25th of May was 2 days ago. ;)

Thanks for the info. I'm just waiting for SSC to get him in stock. I've got some RPs that I need to blow.

Sorry, buddy. You wanted clarity. Was not meaning to offend you.

Sorry, buddy. You wanted clarity. Was not meaning to offend you.

I'm not offended. I was just being a smart arse. If anyone actually gets offended by words on here, they have bigger problems.

How are you in "The Know?" I can see why Dave would know. Just wondering how guys like you and a few others seem to have the inside scoop on Star Ace and ThreeZero.

My fault - Just sensitive to sarcastic answers when all I'm doing is trying to help out. Had a few of those on here the past couple of days. Grinds you down sometimes, y'know?

I only know because I ask Paul. Very long story, but I was looking for UK retailers who stocked Star Ace. Also, in the very early days, I spotted mistakes on their website and let Paul know. He's a really good guy. I hope they do very well. And, I'm sure they will.

I figured the "2 days ago" was you being sarcastic, so I answered back with some. :lol It just seems like guys that know things are usually proud of it and like to flaunt it. You didn't do that at all, no worries. There are a few guys who will say as little as possible just for people to ask them more questions. That annoys me to no end. Again, you didn't do that. Just venting.

Gotcha. That sounds like a cool position to be in. Since you're in the know, do you know if they're doing Harris or Gambon?
Or anything on the Azkaban Sirius?

That's the problem with posts - they're done quickly and can be misread. I think the way I worded it might be a bit of a British thing - though some may disagree.

I hate those people who pretend to know more and tease, and can assure you I'm not one of them.

No. I don't get any inside info at all - I'm sure Dave does but remains tight-lipped, because he hinted at knowing the Mad-Eye was coming - I just email them now and again. I asked once if there was more coming soon and Paul didn't say what, just said it would be in the next week. A couple of weeks later. . . Mad-Eye pops up.

If I were to bet, but just a guess, I'd say Harris would be on the cards soon. I really want Azkaban Sirius, but hope to hell they don't do what they did with the Steve McQueen. I love Star Ace, but that annoyed me as I've just bought the normal version.

The reason companies don't share information far in advance is because things change. Mad-Eye wasn't going to be the next figure, until he was. But rest assured, if people continue to buy, new characters will continue to be released.

The reason companies don't share information far in advance is because things change. Mad-Eye wasn't going to be the next figure, until he was. But rest assured, if people continue to buy, new characters will continue to be released.

True. I wouldn't expect them to share with me anyway - I'm just a customer.

As I've said before, I'm a HUGE fan of Star Ace. The Mad-Eye is incredible. I also like - reading between the lines - how focussed they are on getting the characters right, rather than just churning them out. Like Hermione.

Back