STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefer it didn't drone on for what felt like forever. The match was too even. I think a great dynamic would have been that Obi-Wan really was still the master and Anakin only thought he was better than him.

There was a line in Ep6 that vader says to Luke: "Obi-Wan once thought as you do." which implies that Obi-Wan tried to convince Anakin out of the funk he was in. I don't see anything in Ep3 that suggests that. He lectures him and then draws his lightsaber.

It was wasted potential.

Disagree again. I think out of the PT, that was probably one of it's saving graces. I felt the end dual was handled perfectly, and in the climax, we still saw why Obi Wan was the master (he even warned Anakin not to do it).

Disagree again. I think out of the PT, that was probably one of it's saving graces. I felt the end dual was handled perfectly, and in the climax, we still saw why Obi Wan was the master (he even warned Anakin not to do it).

Perhaps that was also my issue with this battle. The choreography was too pitch perfect the entire way through. Too rehearsed. Too choreographed. It didn't feel alive... hence why I felt it was boring. If we saw Obi-Wan attempt to change Anakin again, I'd like it a lot more as it ties into that dialogue I quoted.

but hahaha... i don't think anything in the prequels was handled perfectly.

Perhaps that was also my issue with this battle. The choreography was too pitch perfect the entire way through. Too rehearsed. Too choreographed. It didn't feel alive... hence why I felt it was boring. If we saw Obi-Wan attempt to change Anakin again, I'd like it a lot more as it ties into that dialogue I quoted.

but hahaha... i don't think anything in the prequels was handled perfectly.

Yeah, because the Vader/Obi-Wan fight in ANH didn't appear choreographed at all. :cuckoo:

Yeah, because the Vader/Obi-Wan fight in ANH didn't appear choreographed at all. :cuckoo:

Hehe, 2003 vs 1977, buddy. I'm not going to defend the ANH battle either but it kinda was the first time anyone has ever seen a lightsaber duel so... ehh what can ya do. Lucas had a different idea of what a lightsaber battle should look like back then and had them fight in a very different technique than he applied afterwards.

Ray Park really spoiled us all with Darth Maul. Here's a guy who actually knows how to use weapons and martial arts and it was the only time we see that put to good use in a lightsaber fight.

Hehe, 2003 vs 1977, buddy. I'm not going to defend the ANH battle either but it kinda was the first time anyone has ever seen a lightsaber duel so... ehh what can ya do. Lucas had a different idea of what a lightsaber battle should look like back then and had them fight in a very different technique than he applied afterwards.

Ray Park really spoiled us all with Darth Maul. Here's a guy who actually knows how to use weapons and martial arts and it was the only time we see that put to good use in a lightsaber fight.

Lightsaber's are essentially swords. Hollywood's been shooting sword battles for a century. It still should have been better and I really don't think the time period has much to do with it. Hell, the 50's Robin Hood had a better sword sequence. I just think that sometime's we have rose colored glasses when we watch the OT. :duff

The electrical wire on the sabers lead to a crappy swordfight in 1977 :lol

Cant wait to see Ray Park beat the crap out of Jinn and Kenobi in 3D :yess:

Last edited:
I can't wait for 2015, 2016, and 2017. Hopefully the Earth is still around by that point.

1.) I'm sure I'm going. I will be yelling at Jar-Jar which will make me feel better.

2.) The EARTH will absolutely still be around, I promise. The human race? There's no guaruntee of anything living on the Earth's crust...

The only cool thing about ep 1:

dm_1.jpg

dm_2.jpg

Huh. Looks like the movie got some new looks....I might see it. I said it before, this is probably the only one worth seeing.

Decent trailer though.

Now that LOTR and Harry Potter have run their course I think Lucasfilm needs to give the whole "greatest saga of all time" tagline a rest. Not that I prefer HP to SW but that series did go 8 movies without any of them sucking or greatly disappointing fans.

Now that LOTR and Harry Potter have run their course I think Lucasfilm needs to give the whole "greatest saga of all time" tagline a rest. Not that I prefer HP to SW but that series did go 8 movies without any of them sucking or greatly disappointing fans.

:lol :lol :lol Sad but true :lol

I imagine LFL is sacrificing goats in order to have the Hobbit movies bomb :lol

The fourth one sucked

Back