STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never going to see this in theaters, I like the prequels (Yes, everything; even acting.) To pay $7-9 bucks to see something again that's already on Wally's shelves is ridiculous.

Preferably, I would have loved to see the STAR WARS back in theaters with 3-D. Now that I would pay for.

You will. In 2015. :monkey4

You got a 50 foot screen in your living room? I think its worth a few bucks for a much grander experience.

I would agree with that, and if the 3-D is on par with what I saw in Avatar (which I understand can be done with time and $$$, even if the original film is not shot with 3-D cameras), and not some cheap-o, crappy conversion like most 3-D movies, I think this could be a truly fun experience!

my 6 year old is excited to see this next week. his first star wars movie.

makes me wonder how the star wars universe is like experienced from episode 1 - 6, in that actual order. must be very different.

high impact scenes from OT are probably diminished ("luke' i'm your father", "revelation of a tiny jedi master", etch) but seeing 'anakin from boy to teen to evil to eviler to good again and dead', that's probably another experience altogether.

I'll never know.

Last edited:
i have my doubts about 3d-(ive never seen a 3d film) but even thou in not the biggest fan of phantom menace it is star wars on the big screen and why not?

it cant be worse than some of the other rubbish ive seen in the cinema

As is your's :dunno

If my opinion that big effects driven films are better viewed on the big screen is truly unique then I guess I'll be the only one attending and the movie will earn a whopping $9 for its entire re-release.

We'll have to come back to this discussion in a few weeks and see who's right. :D

If my opinion that big effects driven films are better viewed on the big screen is truly unique then I guess I'll be the only one attending and the movie will make a whopping $9 profit for its entire re-release.

We'll have to come back to this discussion in a few weeks and see who's right. :D

So, because something's popular means it's better? Does that mean the drek that are the Twilight movies are good because they make money :cuckoo:

I think I've won this debate purely on that statement :yess:

I do agree with you that most effects movies are better on the big screen, but that's most and not all.

I do agree with you that most effects movies are better on the big screen, but that's most and not all.

I would imagine any movie would be better on the big screen, not just an effects driven one. Whether or not you actually like Phantom Menace is besides the point, you can't honestly say it wouldn't be a better experience seeing it on the big screen.

well,i just read a review of the movie in a german magazine called cinema,they gave it a big thumbs down rating,not worth the money they said,better of buying the blue ray .well,i can spend my money on more sideshow stuff i guess

3-D is 3-D, you either like it or you don't. Most people know whether or not they like the film right, so it all depends if you care enough about this silly gimmick or maybe you want to take your kids or something.

Back