STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because not all films are 2.35:1. 16:9 was a happy medium and still a very common ratio for theatrical films.

I cannot tell, of all of my huge DVD collection, how little the number of movies that have 16:9, in fact I can't remember one at all. The big majority of movies still have two black borders! The other smaller part of my collection had that old format like those Rutherford Marple movies or the ealing studios stuff.

I can't imagine this looking very good as it's converted 3d but i'm still excited about seeing the whole series in chronological order. I would have rather had them release the 2D versions chronologically.

I can't imagine this looking very good as it's converted 3d but i'm still excited about seeing the whole series in chronological order. I would have rather had them release the 2D versions chronologically.

I'd probably go see that before I shell out the cash for 3D.

Does this look like marketing you'd see for a low key one day release? ;)

SW1-30_TRU.jpg

:lol

In my defense I do pretty much live in a cave under a rock so I haven't seen any promotion for this at all.

The 3D pod race in Star Tours was awesome. Hopefully at least that scene translates well.

AOTC might actually fare the best with a 3D conversion. Coruscant speeder chase, asteroid chase, and arena/clone battle could look unbelievably awesome.

I think Slave Leia in 3D will beat all of those scenes. Too bad we have to wait till 2017 to see it.

I'm more excited for whatever this may be....haha.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ-NY0WrSoU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I plan on seeing it in 3D. I actually enjoyed it more that I thought I would after watching it for the first time in years once the Blu-rays came out. I think years of fanboy hate has tainted a lot of peoples' view of the PT. Are the great movies? No, but I don't think they're as bad as some people think they are.

Of course there are those who will hate no matter what.

I agree Batty, time to simmer down now with our old age.

This is the best thing to come out of TPM. I wish I remembered it.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzMGHL60g4Y[/ame]

Back