STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excited about getting the Exclusive Maul and Racer glasses.
We have a 3D TV / Blu-Ray at home, and thise will replace the regular boring glasses we have :)

Yeah, same here...hated EP2 and EP3 was almost as bad...

Yah, it really was wasn't it? Ep 2 and Ep 3 is really one storyline. Ep1 was like a prologue that almost doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.... which is probably why i like it that much more. It's not the story we've all been waiting for and thus... nothing was really 'ruined".

In fact, it was the movie that showed me how cool the star wars prequels could potentially be. It was our first exposure to real Jedi fighting and man, I was blown away by it. And Destroyer Droids were so cool. Battle Droids were well-designed and primitive... but they weren't incompetent and sassy the way they became later in the series.

All the bad that was in ep1 doesn't damper my love for the things that really mattered. In Ep2 and Ep3... the things that really mattered were the things that were bad.

Getting prepared for the showing!

2SoxO.gif

Yah, it really was wasn't it? Ep 2 and Ep 3 is really one storyline. Ep1 was like a prologue that almost doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.... which is probably why i like it that much more. It's not the story we've all been waiting for and thus... nothing was really 'ruined".

In fact, it was the movie that showed me how cool the star wars prequels could potentially be. It was our first exposure to real Jedi fighting and man, I was blown away by it. And Destroyer Droids were so cool. Battle Droids were well-designed and primitive... but they weren't incompetent and sassy the way they became later in the series.

All the bad that was in ep1 doesn't damper my love for the things that really mattered. In Ep2 and Ep3... the things that really mattered were the things that were bad.

A nail struck cleanly on the head. This is exactly why I like TPM most out of the prequels. Glad I bothered to click on this thread today to have a read someone else articulating exactly what I've felt over the years.

Well said! Loved the droids and Maul and Qui-Gon were both very cool characters. Plus the soundtrack was great.

Sound track, yes.

Maul development 0.

Quigon's development 0.

Did they really have to die at the end? WTHOMGBBQ!

What happened to we'll meet again. Seriously. :(

Dooku is one of the most boring, unrealistic villains of all time.

I never bought Christopher Lee as him. Not for one second.

Now, had he been more of a Emperor type character, who wasn't fighting and flipping and all that nonsense, then he would've worked better.

Dooku is one of the most boring, unrealistic villains of all time.

I never bought Christopher Lee as him. Not for one second.

Now, had he been more of a Emperor type character, who wasn't fighting and flipping and all that nonsense, then he would've worked better.

You mean just like the Emperor? :lol :emperor

This is a fantastic post! This is precisely how I feel. Ep.2 and Ep.3 pretty much shat all over all the things that truly mattered as far as character and development

Well, Qui-Gon had to die so Obi-Wan could become master.

Maul though, I wish they had kept him and not had Dooku at all.

Dooku was an atrocious character. I also wish they had Maul hang around a while. Ive always said the best things to come out of the prequels were Darth Maul and the soundtracks.

Or if Maul had to die I would have had Dooku lasting till midway through ROTS and got rid of the cartoon character with the cough.

General Grievous was just too silly to even stomach

Even as the tide is starting to turn slightly against TPM hate, I don't think I will ever come around to II and III. And I haven't come around completely to TPM, far from it. But at the very least, TPM is the one prequel that, if it's on TV, I might leave on.

The "not pissing over the original trilogy's mythology" is a big reason. Unless I'm missing something, I think the only flagrant offense in that regard is midichlorians. Other than that, I think I can be okay with considering it a somewhat goofy movie with some really cool moments, that exists in the SW universe.

But one of the main reasons I can't totally hate TPM is I have too many good memories of the hype leading up to it. Taco Bell cardboard caps, cup toppers, merchandise EVERYWHERE... I loved it. Sure, the movie wouldn't live up to the hype. But the hype itself was so much fun.

I was three when ROTJ came out, so I never got to truly experience the mania leading up to a SW release. TPM was my first real chance. And like I said, even though the movie itself didn't live up to it, the overall experience leading up to it makes me glad the movie was made.

in 4 and a half hrs it hits the screens here in Aus....i will be going in 16 hrs instead....cannot wait.the Star Wars movies on the BIG screen again is too much to pass up...and as Cokebabies said "the overall experience leading up to it makes me glad the movie was made"....all the hype and what not,plus the Celebrations and meeting ppl from around the world and listening to their POV...that's the excitement to me that is a part of SW.

Maul to me was such a bad choice - the design, the look of that character, the articulation, the very few lines he had - nothing epic.
Count Dooku as a character was also not really well chosen; but I must admit I grew on him in the CW series.
There he is the slowly moving, gently speaking powerful and evil villain that controls his mighty powers.
There he has emperor quality, too bad Lee wasn't able to bring that up back then.

9 hours to go, whoot whoot!

In Ep2 and Ep3... the things that really mattered were the things that were bad.

The same can be said for Return of the Jedi which makes it easier to simply enjoy at least the good parts of AOTC and ROTS. I still think ROTS is a better overall film than ROTJ. My main issue with it is the gratuitous use of CG for the clones.

Darth Maul should have been the main villain in the prequel trilogies. I wish he would have killed Mace Windu and a lot of the jedis.

Dooku was dookie and I thought the Emperor's fight scenes were lame too. That robot with the four arms and cough was stupid as hell too. :lol

Back