STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So let me see if I can understand everyone...

Darth Maul - Mostly loved by everyone as being a mysterious bad-ass. Main Complaint: lack of character development.

Count Dooku - mixed

Zam Wesell - Personally... horrible performance and a waste of a character. Jango is hired to kill Padme. He hires Zam who bombs Padme's ship and fails to kill her. Then Jango gives her poison bugs. Zam then gives it to a droid to do the job. She's captured and Jango kills her and flies off. Was this all necessary?

Jango Fett - I don't think he was evil enough to deserve a beheading.

General Grievous - AWESOME DESIGN and look. Terrible characterization.

I think overall, Darth Maul is the favorite villain in the prequels.

So let me see if I can understand everyone...

Darth Maul - Mostly loved by everyone as being a mysterious bad-ass. Main Complaint: lack of character development.

Count Dooku - mixed

Zam Wesell - Personally... horrible performance and a waste of a character. Jango is hired to kill Padme. He hires Zam who bombs Padme's ship and fails to kill her. Then Jango gives her poison bugs. Zam then gives it to a droid to do the job. She's captured and Jango kills her and flies off. Was this all necessary?

Jango Fett - I don't think he was evil enough to deserve a beheading.

General Grievous - AWESOME DESIGN and look. Terrible characterization.

I think overall, Darth Maul is the favorite villain in the prequels.

It took you 13 years to figure that out? :slap:rotfl

I do wish they had used Maul more. He would have been really cool to see all during the PT.

As, I've said before I don't subscribe to the OT being something so much better than the PT. They all suffer from pretty much the same problems for me personally.

I'd still say this is the order I like the SW movies: ROTS, ESB, ANH, TPM, ROTJ, AOTC

All that being said I'm looking forward to seeing TPM in 3D Friday.

I do wish they had used Maul more. He would have been really cool to see all during the PT.

As, I've said before I don't subscribe to the OT being something so much better than the PT. They all suffer from pretty much the same problems for me personally.

I'd still say this is the order I like the SW movies: ROTS, ESB, ANH, TPM, ROTJ, AOTC

All that being said I'm looking forward to seeing TPM in 3D Friday.

Totally agree. Maul could have been used throughout the PT. Ray Park was excellent as Darth Maul and has very good Martial Arts and sword skills. Acting wise, I don't think he would have been any worse than some of the other actors.

I can't wait until 10 years from now when everyone decides that ROTS is the worst one and AOTC wasn't that bad

I can find 3 things I enjoy in ROTS, and in TPM.

I cannot find one single aspect, scene, or line I enjoy in Attack of the Clones.

Everything is beyond garbage. Every. Single. Little. Second of that movie is awful.

If the effects looked better, I might have enjoyed it on that level...but they all look like ____.

Blah.

I can find 3 things I enjoy in ROTS, and in TPM.

I cannot find one single aspect, scene, or line I enjoy in Attack of the Clones.

Everything is beyond garbage. Every. Single. Little. Second of that movie is awful.

If the effects looked better, I might have enjoyed it on that level...but they all look like ____.

Blah.

:rotfl for the first comment

But :cuckoo: for the effects comment

At least the PT gave us 'Duel of the Fates' which is one of the strongest musical pieces in the series.

It should be appropriate that the strongest musical piece of the prequels goes to the strongest choreographed lightsaber battle of the prequels too.

Coincidence?

They're too cartoony for me. I never liked the CGI Troopers. They always looked fake.

Not to me, but I do wish in AOTC the Clone that came to check on Padme when she fell out of the gunship and woke up was Morrison or Taylor in a real suit. It would have been nice to see working clone armor.

Back