STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to see the movie tomorrow with some friends and my father. Never saw TPM in the cinema so I can't wait for it. One of my friends only saw the movies when he was young and one has never seen a Star Wars movie. Altough TPM isn't the best, I enjoy it the most. It just has so much sentimental value for me. AOTC can easely be missed and ROTS has awesome battle's.

But I can't wait to hear "Duel of the Fates" in the theather and see Darth Maul on the big screen!

Quite right. The annoyances of Ben Quadrinaros or the accents on the Neimoidians.... the two-headed announcer... even some of Jake Lloyd dialogue... it doesn't make me hate "star wars"... it makes me hate those things.

Also, TPM could be easily... VASTLY improved with a few post production tweaks. Jar Jar can certainly be edited down. I think he's essential to the story but we don't need to see all of his antics. The planet core could lose a fish or so and Boss Nass can lose his blabberin blatherskyte. Neimodians can be redubbed and subtitled when speaking to each other. The poop sound effect when Jar Jar steps in it can be removed. It's funnier if he just goes "icky icky goo".

So as is, TPM already being my favorite prequel is THIS close to being even better. To fix AOTC or ROTS would require a massive rewrite and recasting and plenty of reshoots. The bad permeates too far throughout Ep2 and Ep3.

I saw and edit, years ago, that all of the Neimodian voices were removed, replaced by an other alien language and subtitles added. THey Neimodians were now on Naboo to enslave everyone, not upset about Trade routes. It worked pretty well. Jar Jar was changed as well, he was actually less of an idiot and not so annoying.

Damn,

No more Stoner Yoda!

fdc0ae_1081079.jpg

But did it actually detract anything? Otherwise even one scene being sightly cooler would still make it worth it to me.

the podrace was pretty good but don't expect anything showing up in front of you :lol

I saw and edit, years ago, that all of the Neimodian voices were removed, replaced by an other alien language and subtitles added. THey Neimodians were now on Naboo to enslave everyone, not upset about Trade routes. It worked pretty well. Jar Jar was changed as well, he was actually less of an idiot and not so annoying.

Yay, see.. it's totally doable! Glad people done it and things can be improved. I don't know about changing the story to enslaving everyone (which is actually more villainous) but having alien language and subtitles adds to the appeal of Star Wars.

The only edit I saw took Jar Jar completely out of the movie. I think that was overdoing it.

Oh that's fine, I actually prefer when 3D adds depth in the screen as opposed to bringing things out of it.

don't worry the 3D adds depth in the screen but nothing more than that and luckily the movie isn't too dark because of the 3D so i think you will enjoy it but don't expect anything spectacular

the podrace was pretty good but don't expect anything showing up in front of you :lol

when Sebulba sabotages Mars Guos pod....then it breaks up and hits Anakins...you actually see Anakins magnetic device come out at you when he trys to pull the loose cable back to his pod.

Oh that's fine, I actually prefer when 3D adds depth in the screen as opposed to bringing things out of it.

The same thing here. I would have been more upset if they changed the movie so we get lightsabers and laserblasts in our face.

The only edit I saw took Jar Jar completely out of the movie. I think that was overdoing it.

Yeah is kind of an important caracter for setting up the battle of Naboo (as well as in the palace as on the field) :peace

As for midichlorians ROTJ already started the ball rolling with the Force being an inherited thing. TPM just gave it a name. I think that what people latch onto the most now is how things were presented not what was presented.

While the midichlorian explanation was given some roots in ROTJ, it really didn't have to wind up at that point. I don't mind the idea that the Force could be passed on. As long as they don't explain why or how, it's a perfectly acceptable concept. People who have The Force, especially those especially strong with it, can pass it on. Sure, why not?

But the midichlorian thing, especially with giving it a name, just took so much magic out of it. They may as well expand on it, if they're going to get to that point. "Well, you're not really pushing people with The Force. What it is, is midichlorians reacting with the moisture in your skin to affect the air currents around you..." Blech.

Back