STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ewan was great but never played off of that idea or even to me connects to Guinness in the OT, for what it's worth Qui-Gon dying kind of symbolizes the dying of what we thought Jedi were based on Lucas interviews throughout the 80s and bringing in more of his newer interpretations of what he wanted them to be with the could Jedi Forces.

Can't say I agree. For me how Ewan plays Obi-Wan and how Guinness play Obi-Wan mesh pretty perfectly. Its one of my favorite parts of SW and why Obi-Wan is one of my favorite characters.

Imagine if in the Lord of the Rings Elrond announced that Frodo was the "Chosen Ring Bearer" who was supposed to destroy Sauron but then never brought to light the fact that Sauron's power was in the Ring or even how to destroy it.

Thank god Tolkien and Jackson didn't go that route. I'm thankful for that for many reasons. :lol

Can't say I agree. For me how Ewan plays Obi-Wan and how Guinness play Obi-Wan mesh pretty perfectly. Its one of my favorite parts of SW and why Obi-Wan is one of my favorite characters.

In my humble opinion Liam Neeson did a better job of translating Alec Guinness for our generation in Qui-Gon than Ewan ever did for Obi-Wan. How Liam played QGJ in TPM is how I expected Ewan to act in ROTS but it wasn't really as such.

Not that Ewan was bad, he was one of the shining parts of the prequels but it just didn't translate for me.

In my humble opinion Liam Neeson did a better job of translating Alec Guinness for our generation in Qui-Gon than Ewan ever did for Obi-Wan. How Liam played QGJ in TPM is how I expected Ewan to act in ROTS but it wasn't really as such.

Not that Ewan was bad, he was one of the shining parts of the prequels but it just didn't translate for me.

Agree to disagree I guess. I do like how Neeson played Qui-Gon though.

Qui Gon was so far beyond the constraints of the Jedi Order… Obi Wan didn't reach this state until after the fall of The Order. perhaps things would have been differently for Anakin had he not been trained under such restriction.

For a character who I believe was totally unnecessary and even harmful to the overall story I sure did like Qui-Gon Jinn. Best thing about TPM.

OT: It occured to me last night to wonder why Gandalf didn't lead the Fellowship down the route he took with Bilbo and the dwarves across the Misty Mountains and then take the great river down to the waterfalls. :dunno

OT: It occured to me last night to wonder why Gandalf didn't lead the Fellowship down the route he took with Bilbo and the dwarves across the Misty Mountains and then take the great river down to the waterfalls. :dunno

Without getting this thread off its tracks too much. :lol I believe its because the Orcs had multiplied once again and controlled that way.

Don't know if this was posted but this is how TPM looks to me, which is why I can't watch it...except for Darth Maul.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69ftWNg97U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69ftWNg97U[/ame]

Yah, it was posted. And it was said that it was in poor taste to have Qui-Gon late for the celebration when dead.

Why do people ALWAYS quote this? It's:
Vader: "Obi-wan never told you what happend to your father"
Luke: "He told me enough, he told me you killed him!"
Vader: "No, I am your father"

:lecture

Sorry man. Didn't know it would grind your gears so much. I know I may get flamed for this, but I prefer the PT to the OT so I don't know the OT line for line like I do the PT. the only movie I know just about every line to in the OT is ANH.

Obi-wan is my favorite character of all SW so I enjoy seeing his progress from Padawan to Master Jedi

I prefer the PT to the OT...

1252075516_Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers.gif

Sorry man. Didn't know it would grind your gears so much. I know I may get flamed for this, but I prefer the PT to the OT so I don't know the OT line for line like I do the PT. the only movie I know just about every line to in the OT is ANH.

Obi-wan is my favorite character of all SW so I enjoy seeing his progress from Padawan to Master Jedi

That's called a sucker bet sadly. :lol

Back