STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they could just test for it then there would have to be way more Jedi, or even dark side users--I would imagine crime rings that would perhaps breed for Force users or pay for Force users. It makes more sense for the Jedi to be out using the Force to perhaps sense who might have the ability.

Plus, if it were something to be tested then there wouldn't have been the Jedi hunt

That would actually be a really cool storyline for a novel. If I'm not mistaken that issue was touched upon in the clone wars where sidious had cad bane snatch Jedi potentials to breed an army of sith using one of the Jedi holocrons that gave the locations of the force sensitive infants.

Maybe we forget that the movies are only a glimpse of one storyline watched through a peephole into the vastness of the infinite star wars galaxy. Who's to say that wasn't going on in the past present or future.

Just saw it. The projection in my theatre was way too bright, apart from that I loved it. I don't care that it's not cool to say that. I loved it. I'm a bit of a 3D nut, have a full 3D setup at home and a 3D projector, and I have to say I thought it was the most natural post conversion I have seen to date. Maybe a little too subtle for some people, but it felt natural compared to: Captain America, Thor, Green Hornet and ahem.. Clash of the Titans.

Personally, I look forward to buying it on 3D blu, if Lucas doesn't wait another 6 years to release it. The best bit in 3D? The battledroids, they just looked great.

..IMO.

Finally a voice of reason! Thank you for your review. I watch a lot of movies in the theater and in 3D so I'm not expecting any thing super fantastic. I'm glad to hear that you felt it natural.

The battle droids and Gungan army looked pretty cool in 3D, especially when the Gungans first emerged from the swamp and marched across the field.

I find it hard to have the words "Gungan" and "cool" in the same sentence.

Given the hit and miss of the new entries into the Star Wars Universe I would agree with you 110%. :lol

I love TPM. In fact all the Star Wars movies. I just can't stand Jar Jar. It's a great movie. I just didn't think it was worth seeing in 3D. My daughter loved it and that's what counts.

I saw this tonight. I really don't understand how people didn't see the 3D. :huh

I thought it was really nice - subtle at times, but quite immersive. I have concluded most people who hated the 3D also just hated TPM, but perhaps I'm wrong. :peace

I just can't decide if I want to go see this. It would be really cool to see a Star Wars movie on the big screen again (it's been nearly 7 years) but I still haven't watched the saga on Blu-ray, and I don't know if I'm capable of watching this film twice in one year.

Back