STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this tonight. I really don't understand how people didn't see the 3D. :huh

I thought it was really nice - subtle at times, but quite immersive. I have concluded most people who hated the 3D also just hated TPM, but perhaps I'm wrong. :peace

Ditto that.

There were only a few moments I couldn't tell. Like long shots of the Naboo Cruiser in the Tatooine desert. But it always felt like it had a depth (usually 4 to 5 layers). I am starting to wonder if some of these theaters were just showing the regular but advertising it as 3D. :lol

Ditto that.

There were only a few moments I couldn't tell. Like long shots of the Naboo Cruiser in the Tatooine desert. But it always felt like it had a depth (usually 4 to 5 layers). I am starting to wonder if some of these theaters were just showing the regular but advertising it as 3D. :lol

I have to wonder too. I've seen quite a few 3D movies; this is the first one where I've not been impressed. And like I said before, it seemed muddy at times.

That would actually be a really cool storyline for a novel. If I'm not mistaken that issue was touched upon in the clone wars where sidious had cad bane snatch Jedi potentials to breed an army of sith using one of the Jedi holocrons that gave the locations of the force sensitive infants.

I really loved that idea, I've been hoping they could follow up on it in some fashion - with Sidious's knowledge of these children, it seems like they would be at very high risk. I also like that he continues to dabble with such dark methods - eugenics, cloning (it always surprised me that the Jedi seemed so complacent with the idea of a secret army being cloned to be servile cannon fodder - but with the war erupting, I guess they didn't have much chance to mull over the ethics of the situation), and now the idea of slavery as a means to build a new Sith empire has been introduced in Season 4. They need to do a follow-up to the Zillo beast storyline, where Palpatine wants to retrieve genetic material from the dead beast to use for cloning - WTF is he up to now? Sidious' plan and the Sith methodology he employs are some of the most intriguing aspects of the pre-OT era for me.

Thanks pixlet, If i do it that way does that mean when im in any forum i can add those pix ? I went to upload on here through browse but it kept saying upload file failed. Very frustrating.

Hi I cant seem to add any pictures they just come up real small. Ive got terminator, predator, star wars, master replicas, Nice pix of the optimus prime maquette. Add me on facebook if anyone wants to see my collection. Billy Costigan my pro pic is of the dodge from the fast and the furious. Look forward to sharing my pictures
Cheers

Simply try and use www.photobucket.com or www.tinypic.com and get the direct link you obtain there between

I really loved that idea, I've been hoping they could follow up on it in some fashion - with Sidious's knowledge of these children, it seems like they would be at very high risk. I also like that he continues to dabble with such dark methods - eugenics, cloning (it always surprised me that the Jedi seemed so complacent with the idea of a secret army being cloned to be servile cannon fodder - but with the war erupting, I guess they didn't have much chance to mull over the ethics of the situation), and now the idea of slavery as a means to build a new Sith empire has been introduced in Season 4. They need to do a follow-up to the Zillo beast storyline, where Palpatine wants to retrieve genetic material from the dead beast to use for cloning - WTF is he up to now? Sidious' plan and the Sith methodology he employs are some of the most intriguing aspects of the pre-OT era for me.

Yes I agree. I just started reading the new Darth Plageuis novel. I'm hoping to find out more about the implications Palpatine touched on in ROTS when he told Anakin that story in the opera.

I'm not sure if anyone else picked up on it, but it seemed to me that he was trying to hint to Anakin, and the audience, that either Plageuis manipulated the midichlorians to create Anakin or if Palpatine killed his master before he could fully realize their plans then moved forward on them without his master. Implying sidious was his father. I guess we will see.

A far cry from the virgin birth/Jesus story they gave us in Episode I.

My god that looks great!

Not shure about Jar-Jar though... :lol

LMAO no one likes Jar Jar, Hey i had to give in on that one. The missus put her foot down and said look if your going to continue collecting star wars things you will get me Jar Jar binx. Yes dear was the outcome It was hard enough convincing her about my pred collection, As she continues to tell me how ugly he is. I said i know dear that might explain why arnie also says your one ugly mutha fu##er!! see babe you and arnie agree, tried the jedi mind trick and flipt the negative into a positive. Didnt work as well for my alien venture

I'm not sure if anyone else picked up on it, but it seemed to me that he was trying to hint to Anakin, and the audience, that either Plageuis manipulated the midichlorians to create Anakin or if Palpatine killed his master before he could fully realize their plans then moved forward on them without his master. Implying sidious was his father. I guess we will see.

Yes, it was definitely implied, but i can't see Lucas ever allowing any elaboration on the matter.:dunno

Plageuis book any good?

First chapter is good so far. Prologue tells how Palpatine feels as he's standing over Plageuis body and wondering if he is dead or not. Pretty cool.

Saw it today with my kids (big SW fans).
To be perfectly honest, I went in with a bit of trepidation, as it is my least favorite prequel, but as soon as I saw the Lucasfilm logo on the big screen, I was just taken in by the excitement of seeing a SW movie on the big screen!
One thing that surprised me is how beautiful the movie actually is.
At any rate, even Jar Jar and Jake seemed more tolerable on the big screen than on my TV set...
I liked the 3D, it felt very natural and unobtrusive, which was nice. Overall I enjoyed the whole experience very much and I hope to see the rest of the SW saga on 3D.

Saw it today with my kids (big SW fans).
To be perfectly honest, I went in with a bit of trepidation, as it is my least favorite prequel, but as soon as I saw the Lucasfilm logo on the big screen, I was just taken in by the excitement of seeing a SW movie on the big screen!
At any rate, even Jar Jar and Jake seemed more tolerable on the big screen than on my TV set...
I liked the 3D, it felt very natural and unobtrusive, which was nice. Overall I enjoyed the whole experience very much and I hope to see the rest of the SW saga on 3D.

my sentiments as well. I would have liked to have a few lazer beams fly by me though...

jack-nicholson-creepy-gif.gif

Naboo, Coruscant it's all really beautiful to look at, even throughout the prequels the backdrops are definitely where it shines.

Last edited:
Back