STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TPM is a lot like the cave on Dagaboh... it is all about what one takes with them.

I think the dialoge alone kills the film for me...

The dialogue in all 3 PT films kills me. It's so stilted. It's not like they were quoting Shakespeare in OT, but at least there was some feeling behind the performances.

Really? I thought the whole thing was on 3D Re-Release a year over six years?

A few cringe worthy lines:

Exsqueeze me

Padme, clean this droid up. It deserved our gratitude

Are you an angel?

This is so wizard!

I don't care what universe you're from, that's gotta hurt!

Yousa thinken yousa people gonna die?

Master, I've heard Master Yoda talking about midi-chlorians and I was wondering... what are midi-chlorians?

You're under arrest!

Let's try spinning, that's a good trick!

A few cringe worthy lines:

I didn't really see the movie the first time. I spent most of it like this, and woke up towards the end.

picard-facepalm.jpg

A few more:

I'm a pilot, you know, and someday I'm going to fly away from this place.

I'm a person and my name is Anakin.

I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war.

There was no father. I carried him, I gave birth, I raised him. I can't explain what happened.

Harrison Ford's expression on my avi is pretty much how I look while watching this movie.... I'm skipping Ep2.

Episode 2 had a lot of really bad parts especially anything involving Padme and Anakin but the last sequence leading up to the Clone armada loading up to the Empire theme is something that I really want to see on screen.

Where did you see Ep1 3D, Mike? The Rave? That's where I go to see 3D films and maybe it's just me or the theatre but after ten minutes I'm not even seeing the 3d effect.

On a side note, I fell asleep during the Duel of Fates.... The one thing I wanted to see and I was asleep. Woke up just in time to see both halves of Maul falling down into that hole.

The dialogue in all 3 PT films kills me. It's so stilted. It's not like they were quoting Shakespeare in OT, but at least there was some feeling behind the performances.

All dialogue in the prequels are bad but in my opinion, Ep1 has the best collective delivery. I mean... aside from Jar Jar, Anakin, Boss Nass, Neimodians, and Jira the old fruit bat... the delivery is more or less acceptable.

In ep2 and ep3... it's overall far worse. Even between Obi-Wan and Anakin.... and especially Anakin and Padme.

Where did you see Ep1 3D, Mike? The Rave? That's where I go to see 3D films and maybe it's just me or the theatre but after ten minutes I'm not even seeing the 3d effect.

I did. With the Marvel 3D movies it was really good, this Episode I it was complete and utter crap. I even took off my glasses for a portion just to see if there was a difference. I don't know if it was the movie or the theatre since we were in one of the back screens and not in the main one.

I did. With the Marvel 3D movies it was really good, this Episode I it was complete and utter crap. I even took off my glasses for a portion just to see if there was a difference. I don't know if it was the movie or the theatre since we were in one of the back screens and not in the main one.

I'm really not into 3D, so with Thor and Cap I just watched in 2D. The theatre we went to was at the end of the hall on the left as you walk in... The little Ice Age cartoon that ran before the film had better 3D effects than Ep1. :(

Back