Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to play ajp here - would it have been good though? It would raise the question of why the hell didn't he intervene before Kylo became a mass murderer. At least this way it can be speculated there must have been some reason he didn't or couldn't appear to Ben Solo to stop him going down the path of the dark side. Though who knows what that reason would be

Yep....

That would have had...??? Zero emotional impact.

Yep. They would have destroyed one of the greatest scenes in the entire Saga for the sake of a little PT wankery. Next thing you know they'll be claiming that Mace Windu's ghost should have come to Luke's aid in the Death Star trench instead of Han. ;)

I'm going to play ajp here - would it have been good though? It would raise the question of why the hell didn't he intervene before Kylo became a mass murderer. At least this way it can be speculated there must have been some reason he didn't or couldn't appear to Ben Solo to stop him going down the path of the dark side.

giphy.gif

Though who knows what that reason would be

It can be as vague and simple as this: the dark side is extremely elusive, so it's difficult to know (even for Force ghosts) when it's being used to corrupt someone. Anakin's spirit could've simply been unable to perceive the dark forces at work on his grandson.

If the entire Jedi Council was oblivious to Chancellor Palpatine being a Sith, and to Anakin being corrupted, then it could actually be consistent that Luke, Leia, *and* Force ghosts would be oblivious to Ben Solo being turned too.

As to why Anakin never showed up to Kylo after he turned dark, maybe Force ghosts can only interact with those who they connected with when they were alive. I know that sounds silly and stupid, but it's consistent with every interaction in all of the movies so far. It could even be why Rey can only commune with the voices of Jedi who aren't Luke and Leia. I don't like it, but it could work if you want it to. :)

giphy.gif

It can be as vague and simple as this: the dark side is extremely elusive, so it's difficult to know (even for Force ghosts) when it's being used to corrupt someone. Anakin's spirit could've simply been unable to perceive the dark forces at work on his grandson.

If the entire Jedi Council was oblivious to Chancellor Palpatine being a Sith, and to Anakin being corrupted, then it could actually be consistent that Luke, Leia, *and* Force ghosts would be oblivious to Ben Solo being turned too.

As to why Anakin never showed up to Kylo after he turned dark, maybe Force ghosts can only interact with those who they connected with when they were alive. I know that sounds silly and stupid, but it's consistent with every interaction in all of the movies so far. It could even be why Rey can only commune with the voices of Jedi who aren't Luke and Leia. I don't like it, but it could work if you want it to. :)

I like the idea that ghosts can only appear to living individuals who are open to interacting with that particular ghost. That alone explains why ghosts of one "side" can't just interact willy nilly with Force Users on the opposing side to disrupt and harass them. It would explain why Ben could only appear to Luke when he was alone or with Yoda ("if you face Vader you will do so alone, I cannot interfere") and why Yoda couldn't call lightning down on Snoke and so on.

As far as Anakin and Kylo we can assume that since Kylo was specifically attempting to commune with "Vader" (an entity who no longer existed) that that is why we wasn't receptive to any advice from Anakin. And then none of the other Jedi could help Rey until she herself learned how to be open to the ghosts of Jedi that she'd never met.

It would also make Luke's statement of "see ya round kid" one of hope that Kylo would eventually turn rather than a chastising threat of future harassment.

Yep. They would have destroyed one of the greatest scenes in the entire Saga for the sake of a little PT wankery. Next thing you know they'll be claiming that Mace Windu's ghost should have come to Luke's aid in the Death Star trench instead of Han. ;)

Well they wanked off the OT enough for you guys so why not? Oops sorry. Liking the ST means disliking things that make sense within the story

For you maybe. But it makes sense because that?s the person who influenced him the most. His dad being a ghost is stupid

Well you should be happy to know.. He was not a Ghost. Just Kylo running the most tramatic event of his life through his head. The Event that actually tore him and two and started his trip back to the light side.

Well they wanked off the OT enough for you guys so why not? Oops sorry. Liking the ST means disliking things that make sense within the story

Anakin would have showed up and he would have been... "Who the **** are you?? " :lol

Persoanlly I think that scene had way too much weight to it to have Anakin come back.

Most like that scene.. Even those that hate the ST usually admit this was a pretty great moment.

Like I said. Anakin Showing up would have had zero emotional weight to it. Kylo already knew that Vader turned from the dark side to become Anakin.. I have to assume somebody told him that story.. So what could he possibly say that Kylo didnt know?

Nah.. Emotionally the scene had Han and Leia. His parrents. That makes all the sense in the world.. Not some guy he never met.

Next thing you know they'll be claiming that Mace Windu's ghost should have come to Luke's aid in the Death Star trench instead of Han. ;)

Only Mace wasn't Luke's grandfather, and Luke hadn't been modelling his life on Mace.

Anakin would have showed up and he would have been... "Who the **** are you?? " :lol

That would have been the point - seeing the true man behind the mask would show him the error of his ways.

It's not so absurd for his grandfather to appear to him rather than his father - especially when his grandfather had the greatest influence on his life at that point.

But yes, Han wasn't a ghost in that scene so I guess it's a moot point. It was more about Kylo's regret.

I watched the PT last week, first time since 2015. Now we all know that the PT are what they are but I will admit that AOTC came up on top.

It is underappreciated. I put it above TPM but behind ROTS (as in, the prequels got progressively better until Ep III was ROTJ-level).

Also, I know the PT FX cop flak but these are pretty cool...

51f624d02856a09b10609ba233d3187ce190b0e5.gifv

8ee1861ced2f9120a936fec287af9d7c89d5ea0f.gifv

4f78ae2d32eab95c6cec571d79510bc7f6dc37fc.gifv

36537534516754c090a776c7a0cba0b2aa165f72.gifv

afa3041206ea0653626de02025e08caa6ff4dde1.gifv

56b1e7af29fce29cba2ac8e12a5ba95ff19f6373.gifv

08c5e7c09b6a153859d304d6019b76bc03ca121f.gifv

Okay so my son and I are well into Season 4 of TCW (holy crap those Citadel and Umbaran/General Krell episodes, so awesome!) but I wanted to take a moment to discuss the Mortis episodes from Season 3. First off I am very glad that that "planet" was not featured in Episode 9. For one thing in my mind it isn't even a real place but is instead a strange convergence of the Force in deep space that gave Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka a shared vision. A vision of future events and themes.

One future event in particular being that of life being passed through a Skywalker and into the dead body of young female Jedi that he cared for, resurrecting her.

OeFZH1F6I_uP4yqYXDyUO_CXNdRrBWvVSWeTDlZbFItBeKBavh0L_UNfKcf0CPqc08JUAXdWjPliOSCRvO8kHPSsIpDiR-faA7mdZQp5FbRSdX7pf7FkfkOob6PAHyWZB-xsWh5YrVw-cuQyDYHzYxTZmt9BF8Znj7rwSQ-VA8vKSF9eZ0kWLZdpZHzjT6B4MvUy49cQ8WMswlMMa60ualJIIlalDjHBQZiNxgYQRb4MykzxNrOgv8VhVh3H5SelIHoUsjiYUurR5sACBgeeHxvWUBGYLChN-eWJhOZ3PSnl5ZElRp2Po_0oGbZ0_9fJR4tZ9XgrM3qmhG16IF3p6AOKdHCg296sKWSsW7n9nhZBbtSdc6R1Z7jJ3-SPGqooRIm3huaFVnN9ONi0enVe9jRujEQ2v0IW_6ujardPM_HkqvkeYJ124azf1UmbatvE6iVbpWJDdnx12xp8Dg3ATIESFv7NDhT70pj0bjdldlnRDxfLnwPI8oaS0IBl9BW7pgZPdGtuZt8wN-pqxBylTnbBYS8LcVJbfo18Gv3UKOc58NTY4dFH-b7YsigOqaCgdU61xnlNPTZ_vDQcvRaHyYZFRcDGTDngdmXlHCgI4v7lpBVT6GoQjnjgAORVouU8gUeKx8KwWmm01uAvbIA3bLRmBJJt3Cx84Yza_jh14w4s6Sb5897hCQE7Tww3rz0=w1175-h881-no

EUwJdR9WsAAI7NQ.jpg

yGGr_owjdvzOqVWkiflXKZz6DdM_Nci_34wsO1y5asgbWauZROiOpan2qufqAsC-k9Pq_UmB4orG6fC1lOsOh7td4KN2llehaTHXP2SksJ_naevVnSBunHwoW88X4IlH5rf1Yo3jiCZjAkhpz3S4nX9TS7b6mKIbEon9KcFilXn52N4D31LBTLGAlxxO80h9KMVSOLrfh0enF03tK_E8se3f2ppPi_h35F0yplKu6XY8Wx7-eLO6LMFVoWWkjj2pCSo6g8CGE5rLRje_iiZg4KD89MZcmE9xKCOjmOfL0fEBME2xfhl_XkTEAdTIm6zfePnUCdYqW_80N_-np0SRKEgc-qzHrK9pOdlgeA1d2qMr00UijbbjHBxkYv4ukrlNqN-80MmouzzLEffxy-ZfCBifZg41s1hC2B8xJvLbplnu86A2j1PGx6JxuQXPkW-BDiwomifkGQJTyfe5XQRjxkgTO3RGPlOyCtKQr2hfXLDT1dxbBuVpuJSrt0Ze8EtlI38zkSXzbXAtDUV4cEDQiTt9aASIVzQD4YfkWe8qfczzpMwtA-M32bxCSy2uMoGXXbi9Bmp6Wgsn8KPNhEs2tuZtNHLrRAc1w1B0tPV3lMP5FYTuq3joVFVaItYrd3JUTWho7nP3Mup36zTSvRRGb9YMbknxASvwDMqa4g0WkX_a4gXUdCJBjPEtnF2m4X8=w1175-h881-no

The mosaics on the ground on Mortis were also quite similar to the mosaics in the sanctuaries of Ahch-To. Not to mention the thematic similarities between the Father, son and daughter with ST Luke, Kylo, and Rey. A quick Google search shows that others picked up on that before me:

qx2v5OQiPZY6RiSFAneyL0Y3791N1TfBNjNiuhpmFd0mlJHYQ8fwqZmz8wc2LzVlhk06zfoHqxRgQNRzSUi59m3xVItZycPq4KWf5HY3CWwKVUPMs3llnBq1a_bLznwDnTVdvA

Cheating death, never fulfilled until the ST, the visions of Mortis, never fulfilled until the ST. I'll probably forever go back and forth on whether the PT/TCW is canon or not canon but I must admit that I quite like how it all ties together in the end.

Well you should be happy to know.. He was not a Ghost. Just Kylo running the most tramatic event of his life through his head. The Event that actually tore him and two and started his trip back to the light side.

Still was stupid as hell

Only Mace wasn't Luke's grandfather, and Luke hadn't been modelling his life on Mace.

That would have been the point - seeing the true man behind the mask would show him the error of his ways.

It's not so absurd for his grandfather to appear to him rather than his father - especially when his grandfather had the greatest influence on his life at that point.

But yes, Han wasn't a ghost in that scene so I guess it's a moot point. It was more about Kylo's regret.

This pretty much. Don't know why it's so hard to grasp

Okay so my son and I are well into Season 4 of TCW (holy crap those Citadel and Umbaran/General Krell episodes, so awesome!) but I wanted to take a moment to discuss the Mortis episodes from Season 3. First off I am very glad that that "planet" was not featured in Episode 9. For one thing in my mind it isn't even a real place but is instead a strange convergence of the Force in deep space that gave Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka a shared vision. A vision of future events and themes.

One future event in particular being that of life being passed through a Skywalker and into the dead body of young female Jedi that he cared for, resurrecting her.

OeFZH1F6I_uP4yqYXDyUO_CXNdRrBWvVSWeTDlZbFItBeKBavh0L_UNfKcf0CPqc08JUAXdWjPliOSCRvO8kHPSsIpDiR-faA7mdZQp5FbRSdX7pf7FkfkOob6PAHyWZB-xsWh5YrVw-cuQyDYHzYxTZmt9BF8Znj7rwSQ-VA8vKSF9eZ0kWLZdpZHzjT6B4MvUy49cQ8WMswlMMa60ualJIIlalDjHBQZiNxgYQRb4MykzxNrOgv8VhVh3H5SelIHoUsjiYUurR5sACBgeeHxvWUBGYLChN-eWJhOZ3PSnl5ZElRp2Po_0oGbZ0_9fJR4tZ9XgrM3qmhG16IF3p6AOKdHCg296sKWSsW7n9nhZBbtSdc6R1Z7jJ3-SPGqooRIm3huaFVnN9ONi0enVe9jRujEQ2v0IW_6ujardPM_HkqvkeYJ124azf1UmbatvE6iVbpWJDdnx12xp8Dg3ATIESFv7NDhT70pj0bjdldlnRDxfLnwPI8oaS0IBl9BW7pgZPdGtuZt8wN-pqxBylTnbBYS8LcVJbfo18Gv3UKOc58NTY4dFH-b7YsigOqaCgdU61xnlNPTZ_vDQcvRaHyYZFRcDGTDngdmXlHCgI4v7lpBVT6GoQjnjgAORVouU8gUeKx8KwWmm01uAvbIA3bLRmBJJt3Cx84Yza_jh14w4s6Sb5897hCQE7Tww3rz0=w1175-h881-no

EUwJdR9WsAAI7NQ.jpg

yGGr_owjdvzOqVWkiflXKZz6DdM_Nci_34wsO1y5asgbWauZROiOpan2qufqAsC-k9Pq_UmB4orG6fC1lOsOh7td4KN2llehaTHXP2SksJ_naevVnSBunHwoW88X4IlH5rf1Yo3jiCZjAkhpz3S4nX9TS7b6mKIbEon9KcFilXn52N4D31LBTLGAlxxO80h9KMVSOLrfh0enF03tK_E8se3f2ppPi_h35F0yplKu6XY8Wx7-eLO6LMFVoWWkjj2pCSo6g8CGE5rLRje_iiZg4KD89MZcmE9xKCOjmOfL0fEBME2xfhl_XkTEAdTIm6zfePnUCdYqW_80N_-np0SRKEgc-qzHrK9pOdlgeA1d2qMr00UijbbjHBxkYv4ukrlNqN-80MmouzzLEffxy-ZfCBifZg41s1hC2B8xJvLbplnu86A2j1PGx6JxuQXPkW-BDiwomifkGQJTyfe5XQRjxkgTO3RGPlOyCtKQr2hfXLDT1dxbBuVpuJSrt0Ze8EtlI38zkSXzbXAtDUV4cEDQiTt9aASIVzQD4YfkWe8qfczzpMwtA-M32bxCSy2uMoGXXbi9Bmp6Wgsn8KPNhEs2tuZtNHLrRAc1w1B0tPV3lMP5FYTuq3joVFVaItYrd3JUTWho7nP3Mup36zTSvRRGb9YMbknxASvwDMqa4g0WkX_a4gXUdCJBjPEtnF2m4X8=w1175-h881-no

The mosaics on the ground on Mortis were also quite similar to the mosaics in the sanctuaries of Ahch-To. Not to mention the thematic similarities between the Father, son and daughter with ST Luke, Kylo, and Rey. A quick Google search shows that others picked up on that before me:

qx2v5OQiPZY6RiSFAneyL0Y3791N1TfBNjNiuhpmFd0mlJHYQ8fwqZmz8wc2LzVlhk06zfoHqxRgQNRzSUi59m3xVItZycPq4KWf5HY3CWwKVUPMs3llnBq1a_bLznwDnTVdvA

Cheating death, never fulfilled until the ST, the visions of Mortis, never fulfilled until the ST. I'll probably forever go back and forth on whether the PT/TCW is canon or not canon but I must admit that I quite like how it all ties together in the end.

Stop......just stop........

One of the greatest scenes in the entire saga? Hahaha talk about wanking....

That said, the Ben & Han scene in TROS is one of the best of the trilogy.

Meh. I was watching BvS the other day and the scene where Clark walks to the mountaintop to talk with Jonathan's ghost/memory made me think of TROS and how they seemingly copied it for TROS. It wasn't even an original idea let alone a good one.

Both scenes were stupid. Should've used Hayden.

Nah, not even Hayden could match Costner's wooden performance in that scene. That guy hasn't conveyed emotion in a movie since asking his dad to play catch in Field Of Dreams....

:chase

EUwJdR9WsAAI7NQ.jpg

Poor TCW mortis diehards not realizing their hatred of ST was making them look foolish all along savage lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back