Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If broom girl grows up to be this I want to see her story...

4413f79f81d0dcefcc52ab08cca5e7e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All right back to this:

One thing that I like better in TROS than ROTJ is that Rey actually defeats Palpatine by acting out Yoda's teachings from ESB. Yoda never told Luke "a Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and pacifism, never for attack." He said to use the Force for knowledge and DEFENSE. In my mind the "proper" way that Luke was supposed to defeat the Emperor was by deflecting the lightning like Rey did. As soon as he tossed his saber I can imagine the ghosts of Ben and Yoda instantly doing a double facepalm, lol. "Kidding me, you've got to be," lol.

Now obviously Vader coming to his aid was epic and made *his* character a total badass at the end but Luke's go to defense always seems to end with suicide, lol. Suicide on the Cloud City gantry, suicide against the Emperor, suicide on Ahch-To.

And then the other way that TROS' finale trumps ROTJ IMO is that we really do see the galaxy respond to oppression in a definitive and sustainable way with the mobilization of the zillion ships. ROTJ ended with the tiny Rebellion getting all the credit while the defeated galaxy got "rescued" from the Empire. But with TROS we saw able bodied ships from every conceivable system joining together in a way that can be repeated forevermore should an evil force rise from within or outside the galaxy going forward. And that's another reason that I just don't think that there's really any story left to tell post-TROS.

So you?re okay with Clone-a-tine saying ?kill me? and then she kills him The End? Is it okay because he didn?t know she was All The Rey?

I ****ing hate this ******** trilogy, sorry. :lol

The prophecy of the one who will bring balance for about 3 decades. :lol

This Republic has gone 00001 days without Force unbalance.

I?ll forever just keep upgrading my OT stuff which means in 2023 I will be paying $300 for a 3.75 B-Wing :slap

And you know that day is coming too, lol.

If broom girl grows up to be this I want to see her story...

4413f79f81d0dcefcc52ab08cca5e7e4.jpg

Holy crap is that Sleepaway chick, lol.

So you?re okay with Clone-a-tine saying ?kill me? and then she kills him The End? Is it okay because he didn?t know she was All The Rey?

Yep. And technically he was killed by his own super lightning and not by Rey's hand anyway.

I ****ing hate this ******** trilogy, sorry. :lol

:lol :lol

The prophecy of the one who will bring balance for about 3 decades. :lol

Well that's still longer than 3 minutes which is how long things were in balance back when Dark Empire was still canon.

The prophecy of the one who will bring balance for about 3 decades. [emoji38]

This Republic has gone 00001 days without Force unbalance.

[emoji38] The ST is indeed absolute garbage. It accomplished nothing except replacing Luke Skywalker with Kathleen Kennedy playing/imagining herself as the hero of the galaxy on screen. The only good thing that came of it was new OT toys.

And you know that day is coming too, lol.

Holy crap is that Sleepaway chick, lol.

Wait wut lol

That?s the jewish Selma Hayek also known as the goddess Sarah Silverman lol

Is that the girl who sung about ****ing MAtt damon on jimmy kimmel?

I don?t know but what a rack on her.

The snake that Rey healed. In his current condition Palpatine has gotten bad at coming up with new names. "And now little snake you shall henceforth be known as Supreme Leader...uh, Sn-oke."

lol

Throw boobs into a conversation and all hell breaks loose.

Throw green tint into a 77 conversation and all hell breaks loose lol

But yes I also have the green tint in those scenes I thought everyone did.

Mine are toned down though because of my specific settings.

And no 3PO does not have dialogue over the tractor beam on this release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol :lol

I'm sure my 4K77 looks the same as everyone else's but luckily nothing jumped out at me tint-wise. Only thing I really noticed was the scene with the jawas approaching R2 being too dark.

ROTJ looked damn near perfect to my eye with my only nitpick being that I did feel that they might have slightly overdone the DNR compared to SW.

And no 3PO does not have dialogue over the tractor beam on this release.

Excellent. That's a rare one.

EDIT: Interesting twist -- seems the 35mm track does NOT have the dialogue in that sequence, but if you switch to the Mono track the dialogue IS present. So you have it both ways on one print. This explains the differences at the theaters in 1977. I didn't try the 5.1 mix.

Team Negative 1 just announced that their TROS restoration is already coming along nicely. :drool

View attachment 480278

:lol

I hear the TN1 guys are working on RAIDERS as well. They're going for an overall orange tint.

Last edited:
Back