Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome back JAWS! :rock

Yep especially when they already said in the movie that he's back because of cloning. The book explaining that the reason his new clone body was old and deteriorating was due to it not being able to handle his immense power was a nice addition that I totally accept as canon though. Also a very clever way to let Mcdiarmid play the character closer to his own age.

I don?t recall the movie stating definitively that he was a clone.

Anyways since he is a clone it also explains why the body did not look like palp at the end of Jedi but because it?s his spirit it also makes a bit more sense that when he sucks the force out of Ben and Rey why he ends up looking more like the Palps we know and love...

When the Resistance gets the message from the spy at the beginning saying that Palps returned someone asked how and Merry from LOTR said "cloning, the Force, dark magic, secrets only the Sith knew."

I took that as just theories by the hobbit and not fact... After all how would he know?

Turns out he was right if u except the explanation by the book ( which I am cool with) ... But had it not been for the book then we are left with just guesses and fill in the blanks.... which I was cool with :lol

I took that as just theories by the hobbit and not fact... After all how would he know?

Turns out he was right if u except the explanation by the book ( which I am cool with) ... But had it not been for the book then we are left with just guesses and fill in the blanks.... which I was cool with :lol

Hmm I guess I took it as him relaying intel they'd learned from the coded messages or what have you but yeah either way the book confirms it regardless and it is indeed really cool.

"Abandonment" seems to be the key word for the ST:

LoxOJv4.jpg

Ah, abandoned her Jedi training? Yes, yes, that TOTALLY fits in line with Leia. She obviously abandons things all the time!

Just have to kick the OT characters even more. Pathetic.

How the hell can anyone actually like this ST and call themselves an OT fan? It’s actually mind boggling to think how Disney just **** all over the OT.

Ah, abandoned her Jedi training? Yes, yes, that TOTALLY fits in line with Leia. She obviously abandons things all the time!

How the hell can anyone actually like this ST and call themselves an OT fan? It?s actually mind boggling to think how Disney just **** all over the OT.

Cause it?s the new current thing rn. Give it like a few yrs before the retcon and jye and khev will say how much it sucks and the current thing is better. Jye is seeing the light but khev is trying to convince himself it makes sense.

Lucas film should take notes on the conflicting views on this forum. It?d make a great movie lol

How the hell can anyone actually like this ST and call themselves an OT fan? It?s actually mind boggling to think how Disney just **** all over the OT.

I don't get it either. Casual fans wouldn't necessarily understand the disrespect, the retconning, the appropriation. But I don't understand how you can be a hardcore fan/70s-80s kid and not find the ST awful and insulting.

"Abandonment" seems to be the key word for the ST:

LoxOJv4.jpg

How would Leia know who Yoda was? Can you imagine how creepy it'd be for her to hear that voice out of nowhere? :lol

But this is a great example of something that bugs me about recent SW story writing. This idea of "communing with voices of past Jedi" is something that they're using now because Yoda did it in the PT era. Their logic seems to be: "okay, so that's a thing Jedi do; let's use it!" But they don't bother to understand the context of why it was used. :slap

When Yoda communed with Qui-Gon, it was specifically because Lucas established that Force ghosts didn't exist yet. Communing by meditation and concentration would be the *only* way in the PT era. But once Obi-Wan's ghost showed up to Luke on Hoth, there's no more need to reach out to past Jedi voices. The past Jedi will just reach out on their own, and literally come have a chat, whenever you need to be steered in the right direction. Luke wasn't trying to "commune" with past Jedi when Obi-Wan showed up on Hoth, then on Dagobah, then Yoda and Anakin showing up on Endor, and Yoda on Ahch-To.

And Rey wasn't "reaching out" to Luke when he caught her lightsaber and gave her a pep talk. Yet here we are in the same movie pretending that Rey needs to concentrate really hard and "reach out" to past Jedi. Bull****! :lol Luke, Kenobi, Yoda, and Anakin have proven that they'll show up when you need it, and when you're not even expecting them.

I know that logic in fantasy stories isn't as important as it is for reality-based dramatizations, but damn, doesn't story logic matter *at all* anymore?

How would Leia know who Yoda was? Can you imagine how creepy it'd be for her to hear that voice out of nowhere? :lol

But this is a great example of something that bugs me about recent SW story writing. This idea of "communing with voices of past Jedi" is something that they're using now because Yoda did it in the PT era. Their logic seems to be: "okay, so that's a thing Jedi do; let's use it!" But they don't bother to understand the context of why it was used. :slap

When Yoda communed with Qui-Gon, it was specifically because Lucas established that Force ghosts didn't exist yet. Communing by meditation and concentration would be the *only* way in the PT era. But once Obi-Wan's ghost showed up to Luke on Hoth, there's no more need to reach out to past Jedi voices. The past Jedi will just reach out on their own, and literally come have a chat, whenever you need to be steered in the right direction. Luke wasn't trying to "commune" with past Jedi when Obi-Wan showed up on Hoth, then on Dagobah, then Yoda and Anakin showing up on Endor, and Yoda on Ahch-To.

And Rey wasn't "reaching out" to Luke when he caught her lightsaber and gave her a pep talk. Yet here we are in the same movie pretending that Rey needs to concentrate really hard and "reach out" to past Jedi. Bull****! :lol Luke, Kenobi, Yoda, and Anakin have proven that they'll show up when you need it, and when you're not even expecting them.

I know that logic in fantasy stories isn't as important as it is for reality-based dramatizations, but damn, doesn't story logic matter *at all* anymore?

Lol ajp went full on darkside

Personally I did not like TFA and hated TLJ but TROS imo was the closest thing to feeling like the OT since... well the OT.

Far from a perfect film but it was fun and a bit mythic just like the OT.

I don?t frequent this thread as much as I don?t feel the need to defend the film... I have said it before... there are Two great Star Wars films in this Saga. The rest are flawed... Some worse then others but compared to the PT and the other two ST films I found this one to be just fine. Not much better or worse then ROTJ :)

So The story went in a direction you didn?t like.... some did like it..... No big deal.

Cause it?s the new current thing rn. Give it like a few yrs before the retcon and jye and khev will say how much it sucks and the current thing is better. Jye is seeing the light but khev is trying to convince himself it makes sense.

Lucas film should take notes on the conflicting views on this forum. It?d make a great movie lol

Khev and Jye never liked the PT films when they were the new and current thing.

Khev and Jye never liked the PT films when they were the new and current thing.

Cause they didn?t cater to there nostalgia interest and tried something different. The only reason they ride hard for this is cause it?s a rinse and repeat of what came before but with worse ideas. They see luke, the falcon, and ot references and they excuse the bad writing and horrible story.

It?s ok tho. I use to convince myself that asm was good and asm2 looked great. It?s brand loyalty. Sometimes you don?t want to admit when something is ruined and fixed beyond repair.

Back then I thought asm franchise was good as it got so I had to like it.

Lol but I just like poking fun at the two really for talking about it and saying it flows well after a silly book or comic comes out. Then they say the pt sucks and rots is awful. Lol no harm really.

Also it reminds of of that documentary. Lucas vs the people where they tried to convince themselves episode 1 was good but overtime grew to despise it.

Last edited:
Cause they didn?t cater to there nostalgia interest and tried something different. The only reason they ride hard for this is cause it?s a rinse and repeat of what came before but with worse ideas. They see luke, the falcon, and ot references and they excuse the bad writing and horrible story.

It?s ok tho. I use to convince myself that asm was good and asm2 looked great. It?s brand loyalty. Sometimes you don?t want to admit when something is ruined and fixed beyond repair.

Lol but I just like poking fun at the two really for talking about it and saying it flows well after a silly book or comic comes out.

Also it reminds of of that documentary. Lucas vs the people where they tried to convince themselves episode 1 was good but overtime grew to despise it.

You should see ASM2 in 3D on my 80 inch tv Spiderman swinging in that costume is glorious to behold a thing of beauty especially in 3D and yeah ASM1 and ASM2 are not good especially that dumb lizard lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't get it either. Casual fans wouldn't necessarily understand the disrespect, the retconning, the appropriation. But I don't understand how you can be a hardcore fan/70s-80s kid and not find the ST awful and insulting.

I will have to watch TROS a few more times to see how it stands up... But all of my friends that are original hardcore Star Wars fans (we are all in our upper 40?s ) loved it. I don?t know what to say. It hit the spot for up fulfilling our Star Wars needs that the five previous saga films could not fill...

Having said that most of my friends were either like warm on or disliked TFA and hated TLJ... So there was something about TROS that turned it around for us...

For me it redeemed Solo. It gave reason to Rey?s powers, it gave Leia a good send off, and I personally never hated what they did with Luke and found him to be the best thing about TLJ. The first half was a fun adventure like ANH and having the new cast together really helped me finally connect with them. The end of the film was full of mythos that reminded me of the OT before the PT when everything was not answered.

Most of my old friends agree :)

In my own personal experience, I have only met one person who hated it... Weird as she hated TLJ but apparently liked the whole ?anyone can be a Jedi? aspect so she really hated the ?It runs in the family again? aspect of this film.

Everyone else I know really enjoyed or loved it... I only hear the hate on YouTube and here .

Lol but I just like poking fun at the two really for talking about it and saying it flows well after a silly book or comic comes out. Then they say the pt sucks and rots is awful. Lol no harm really.

Hmmmmm What does that say about me... All of that nostalgia and rinse and repeat stuff was in TFA and I really didn?t like it... Jye didn?t either with his first viewing... He convinced himself to like it... Same with TLJ I believe ( that was Khevs fault lol)

I only liked TROS and it may redeem the other two films a little more for me.... will have to wait until I watch them again... But now that I know where the story goes and think I will be more accepting.

I am not a PT hater but they are poorly made films. There is lots of cool world building with some decent action moments ( mostly in TPM) But man the dialogue, acting, and poor direction.... yikes

I can look past most of that but IMO the PT did far more damage to the OT then the PT as it gave answers we never wanted ( midiclorians, 3po origins) turned all powerful force users ( who we all figured were beyond sabers) into a cgi saber wielding goof fest and worst of all... it turned Vader in a wussy crybaby who?s only able, as Vader, to kills kids ( I?m supposed to find him redeemable after that? )
And unarmed aliens... when he comes across the first fair fight and gets his ass kicked :lol Thank god for RO that reminded us how bad ass Vader could be...

And yet I can still find some enjoyment out of them...

That?s the thing about the Star Wars saga films, You have to pick and choose what you like in these movies because other then ANH and ESB there is plenty of garbage to dig through.

Back