Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ajp is lying he thought Snoke was the emperor or plaqueis in TFA just like everyone else did lol

Nope. I assumed Snoke was a just new version of the Emperor because *everything* in TFA was just a new version of what was in the OT. :lol

Rey = new Luke (desert-planet orphan strong in the Force)
Kylo = new Vader (Jedi-turned-evil and wearing a mask)
Poe = new Han (hotshot pilot getting in and out of trouble by luck and smartass)
BB-8 = new R2 (droid carrying the MacGuffin, and always a step ahead of the humans)
Starkiller = new Death Star

and

Snoke = new Palps (robed evil master introduced only via hologram)

In my mind, Palpatine was dead because it'd be crazy to undo that ROTJ ending for Anakin/Vader. Everyone keeps bringing up Dark Empire (which sucked anyway, IMO), but that series came out *before* the PT. And the PT only made it that much more important to preserve the impact of Anakin killing Palpatine. Plus, George Lucas had emphasized in recent years how dead Palpatine was. Left no doubt about it.

Apparently the novel also explains that Rey salvaged components from her burnt-out TIE to get Luke?s X-wing going again. ?It flies now!?

No jigsaw piece shall remain unhammered, no plot hole unplugged.

Wow! :lol And remember, the events of TROS happened within a 16-hour window, so everything that happens in the novel is *all* happening in that same time frame. :slap

But in all seriousness ajp always puts up an amazing counterpoint he/she knows what they are talking about he/she is no dummy BUT I don?t subscribe to his/her notion that Rey was always just meant to be a side character backstory inservice of more Anakin centric bloodline narrative which we got anyways Kylo was not neglected at all.

Thanks for the kind words, jye. And you can drop the "she" pronoun; I'm a dude. And I wasn't saying that Rey was intended to be a side character, but rather that even though Rey was portrayed as the main hero, I viewed her ultimate purpose as simply being the catalyst for taking the Ben/Kylo arc to its conclusion. The outcome of Kylo's story is what I thought the central focus would (and *should*) be. That's my point.

The third trilogy in the Skywalker Saga never seemed like the right place to have a complete outsider be the central focus of how the whole story ends. The first trilogy was the father's (Anakin's) journey from good to bad. The second trilogy was the son's (Luke's) journey to fix things. So, the third trilogy should've been about the grandson (Ben) closing the book on the Skywalker legacy.

Since Kathleen Kennedy made it a point to differentiate the "Skywalker Saga" from the rest of Star Wars, it makes no ****ing sense to me for her to finish it with the third-generation Skywalker being inconsequential to the ending. It became the Palpatine Saga because the ultimate villain and hero were *both* Palpatines. Skywalkers in the background only. I really, *really* hate that, and I don't know how/why it doesn't bother a greater number of fans.

TROS path flowed naturally from the OT.

Like diarrhea.

I love how AJP and Khev kinda changed there views after this movie was released.

Imagine if all this was articulated in the movie? :lol

“You two form a dyad - which is a special connection between dud-clone offspring and prophecy-grandchildren that can regenerate weak clones to accommodate dead spirits. It’s totally legit.”

Imagine if all this was articulated in the movie? :lol

“You two form a dyad - which is a special connection between dud-clone offspring and prophecy-grandchildren that can regenerate weak clones to accommodate dead spirits. It’s totally legit.”

Apparently the TROS novel said Palpatine tried to create one with Anakin, but failed.

Nope. I assumed Snoke was a just new version of the Emperor because *everything* in TFA was just a new version of what was in the OT. :lol

Rey = new Luke (desert-planet orphan strong in the Force)
Kylo = new Vader (Jedi-turned-evil and wearing a mask)
Poe = new Han (hotshot pilot getting in and out of trouble by luck and smartass)
BB-8 = new R2 (droid carrying the MacGuffin, and always a step ahead of the humans)
Starkiller = new Death Star

and

Snoke = new Palps (robed evil master introduced only via hologram)

In my mind, Palpatine was dead because it'd be crazy to undo that ROTJ ending for Anakin/Vader. Everyone keeps bringing up Dark Empire (which sucked anyway, IMO), but that series came out *before* the PT. And the PT only made it that much more important to preserve the impact of Anakin killing Palpatine. Plus, George Lucas had emphasized in recent years how dead Palpatine was. Left no doubt about it.

Wow! :lol And remember, the events of TROS happened within a 16-hour window, so everything that happens in the novel is *all* happening in that same time frame. :slap

Thanks for the kind words, jye. And you can drop the "she" pronoun; I'm a dude. And I wasn't saying that Rey was intended to be a side character, but rather that even though Rey was portrayed as the main hero, I viewed her ultimate purpose as simply being the catalyst for taking the Ben/Kylo arc to its conclusion. The outcome of Kylo's story is what I thought the central focus would (and *should*) be. That's my point.

The third trilogy in the Skywalker Saga never seemed like the right place to have a complete outsider be the central focus of how the whole story ends. The first trilogy was the father's (Anakin's) journey from good to bad. The second trilogy was the son's (Luke's) journey to fix things. So, the third trilogy should've been about the grandson (Ben) closing the book on the Skywalker legacy.

Since Kathleen Kennedy made it a point to differentiate the "Skywalker Saga" from the rest of Star Wars, it makes no ****ing sense to me for her to finish it with the third-generation Skywalker being inconsequential to the ending. It became the Palpatine Saga because the ultimate villain and hero were *both* Palpatines. Skywalkers in the background only. I really, *really* hate that, and I don't know how/why it doesn't bother a greater number of fans.

Like diarrhea.

You talk as if Kylo Skywalker was completely inconsequential to TROS.

Vader was influenced by Luke and to atone for his sins he sacrificed himself and killed the emperor.

Well Kylo was also influenced by a Skywalker and to atone for his sins he also sacrificed himself but this time actually resurrecting and rising a Palpatine instead of throwing one down a shaft like his Grandfather did.

Look the ewoks celebrated Vaders victory what more do you want sheesh so greedy lol

I didn?t even like the movie that much and I don?t see any Vader victory dis........you bugging lol

What a terrible insult.

He then went on to say: you look a little hairy to be part of the magical story group.

lulz

I would assume they don?t do much shaving though either.:horror:monkey3

double lulz

Star Wars is dead. Disney Star Wars is a gnarly fingered albino crane monster.

Baby Yoda hater

Grumpyion lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It seems like way more work to not be grumpy. :lol

giphy.gif

You talk as if Kylo Skywalker was completely inconsequential to TROS.

Well, he was. The only thing he accomplished was revive Rey. But that was after the fact. Palps and the Sith had already been defeated.

Ben/Kylo contributed nothing to the actual conflict resolution. Oh wait, yeah he did: if Ben Solo wasn't there, Palps wouldn't have sucked their "life force" to rejuvenate himself. :lol

Vader was influenced by Luke and to atone for his sins he sacrificed himself and killed the emperor.

Well Kylo was also influenced by a Skywalker and to atone for his sins he also sacrificed himself but this time actually resurrecting and rising a Palpatine instead of throwing one down a shaft like his Grandfather did.

Vader's redemption: Seeing his son suffer in front of him moved Vader to kill the man who had manipulated him all along and had taken everything from him, including his family. By sacrificing himself to return to the light, he ensured that his remaining family (and the galaxy) could now live free of the Palpatine/Sith evil grip.

Kylo's redemption: Upon hearing his mom call to him, Kylo ended up needing Rey to heal him and save his life. After being redeemed, he had one word of dialogue ("ow"), beat up the KOR (only because of Rey's help), got pushed into a pit, and came out to revive Rey (who died actually getting the job done).

Yep, Vader and Kylo both had worthy redemption arcs to end their trilogies. :lol

Look the ewoks celebrated Vaders victory what more do you want sheesh so greedy lol

Yeah, I did forget about the ewok celebration. To quote Rose: *now* it was worth it. :lol

I didn?t even like the movie that much and I don?t see any Vader victory dis........you bugging lol

Remember that part I just wrote about Vader killing the man who broke his life and took his family from him? And remember that part about giving his family (and the galaxy) a clean slate to create their own future without Palpatine and the Sith? Yeah, turns out now he didn't really accomplish any of that. How's that for a Vader victory diss? :lol

Well, he was. The only thing he accomplished was revive Rey. But that was after the fact. Palps and the Sith had already been defeated.

Ben/Kylo contributed nothing to the actual conflict resolution. Oh wait, yeah he did: if Ben Solo wasn't there, Palps wouldn't have sucked their "life force" to rejuvenate himself. :lol

Vader's redemption: Seeing his son suffer in front of him moved Vader to kill the man who had manipulated him all along and had taken everything from him, including his family. By sacrificing himself to return to the light, he ensured that his remaining family (and the galaxy) could now live free of the Palpatine/Sith evil grip.

Kylo's redemption: Upon hearing his mom call to him, Kylo ended up needing Rey to heal him and save his life. After being redeemed, he had one word of dialogue ("ow"), beat up the KOR (only because of Rey's help), got pushed into a pit, and came out to revive Rey (who died actually getting the job done).

Yep, Vader and Kylo both had worthy redemption arcs to end their trilogies. :lol

Yeah, I did forget about the ewok celebration. To quote Rose: *now* it was worth it. :lol

Remember that part I just wrote about Vader killing the man who broke his life and took his family from him? And remember that part about giving his family (and the galaxy) a clean slate to create their own future without Palpatine and the Sith? Yeah, turns out now he didn't really accomplish any of that. How's that for a Vader victory diss? :lol

ST Kylo > PT Anakin

I win lol

I'm shocked at the amount of people who voluntarily kneel before the altar of the LFL Story Group. Of all the things to bow to, lol. Since when has ANY Star Wars novel, comic book, cartoon, etc., ever overruled a live-action movie? NEVER. Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter. Her father is Palpatine's son. Openly stated in the movie. TROS will always have the final word on TROS, not something written by an author no one has ever heard of. End of discussion.

I do like that the novel explains that Pelp in ROSW was a clone body possessed by the emperors spirit....

I am good with that being canon as it fills in the holes nicely while still being mysterious.

But I agree with everything Khev says here.... I mean if u want to pick out parts and make it canon in your mind then that?s fine as. The movies don?t answer everything... but if the books based on movies and film contradict each other then the film wins.... every time.

Last edited:
Listening a bit to the video that was posted from the guy who can?t defend tros anymore.....

I don?t get the hang up people have about the emperor having a kid... like a man with that kind of power could never have sex... I said it many pages back... People in positions of power like the emperor are going to get some.... From both the willing and unwilling... I don?t care how ugly he is.... there are gold diggers who marry 98 year old men who look just as bad as the emperor.... not that hard to imagine Pelp?s getting some.

Listening a bit to the video that was posted from the guy who can?t defend tros anymore.....

I don?t get the hang up people have about the emperor having a kid... like a man with that kind of power could never have sex... I said it many pages back... People in positions of power like the emperor are going to get some.... From both the willing and unwilling... I don?t care how ugly he is.... there are gold diggers who marry 98 year old men who look just as bad as the emperor.... not that hard to imagine Pelp?s getting some.

3 words will settle that argument once and for all...

Anna Nicole Smith

Who is Pelp lol

Welcome back JAWS! :rock

I do like that the novel explains that Pelp in ROSW was a clone body possessed by the emperors spirit....

I am good with that being canon as it fills in the holes nicely while still being mysterious.

Yep especially when they already said in the movie that he's back because of cloning. The book explaining that the reason his new clone body was old and deteriorating was due to it not being able to handle his immense power was a nice addition that I totally accept as canon though. Also a very clever way to let Mcdiarmid play the character closer to his own age.

Back