Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did it fix Luke, Leia, Han, and the entirety of the OT being replayed out and making the OT pretty much pointless?

When I refer to fix... I mean that TROS fixed my issues with TFA and TLJ

Han was given a good send off and was for me the best emotional scene in the whole trilogy. I actually thought that Luke was the best part of TLJ and really had no issue with him at all. Leia was fine overall also..

So, you didn't get what you want so you didn't like it?

So you didn't get what you wanted in the ST so you don't like it??

See how that works ;)

So it was ok for Vader to slaughter millions of kids on Alderaan... but a few younglings just crossed the line?

Great point except that is was Tarkin.. Sure Vader stood by but it was Tarkin that gave the order.

Another case of didn't get what you wanted, so it's ruined?

A 2nd time you use this argument.. How about not liking something because its a dumb idea. Its not a matter of getting something I wanted.. In The Making of Return of the Jedi book.. Lucas himself even state that Jedi masters like Yoda and the Emperor are above and beyond lightsabers... You got that feeling in the OT.. But here comes AOTC and ROTS with hoping and jumping frogs and old men... Blah.. It looked dumb and was dumb... You have the Ultimate battle with Obi Wan and Luke going on and you keep cutting to a CGI battle of Yoda and the Emperor... Barf. It ruined the mystique of the OT most powerful Jedi's

Vader being a basically made a worthless wuss... Killer of Kids and Unarmed Aliens but gets ass kicked against first Jedi he fights.. The Mighty Vader everyone. :lol

Rey is half a clone, but that's ok?

Yep... Because it does not effect the OT... That was the point of my argument.. How the PT effects the OT and craps on it.

Rey isn't cartoonish in her abilities? She literally believes in the force after realizing it's real and then can do it.

It drove me nuts in the first two films.. Making the her a decedent of the most powerful Jedi user in the Galaxy helps that issue...

Obi-Wan lived on Tatooine. How else do you think he would age?

:lol Its a bit much dont you think.

I don't see how C-3PO being made by Anakin is so bad. Worse cases of small world than that. And it's Star Wars, the whole thing started with R2 and 3PO finding Luke.

R2 and 3PO finding Luke feels like Luck... 3PO being made by a young Anakin... Pointless and dumb..

So.... to quote myself...

The ST turned your hero Luke into a failed hermit who wanted to kill his own nephew. Then force projects himself to death.

Sure... Its called drama.. People rise and fall and rise again.. Happens all the time in movies and stories.. Plus he thought about taking out his nephew in a moment of weakness.. One thing we know about Luke after all the OT films... He is a hero who makes mistakes.

The ST turned your princess into a failed mother, jedi, senator, rebellion leader. Ultimate failure.

The mother who died to bring her child back.. The failed Jedi who stopped training as her visions made her feel that further training would lead to her sons death... Always in motion is the future.. Its a tricky thing... A leader that eventually was a major part in helping with the final defeat of the Emperor (through her sacrifice for her son) Plus her part I am sure would have been bigger had she not died in real life.

The ST turned your once scoundrel to hero rebel and great friend into a regressed sack of **** who sold his medal off because he is a drunk, a failed father, a failed husband, and a failed rebel leader.

Sold his medal off?? Drunk?? I missed those moments.. Was it not Hans Medal that Leia gave Han?

Having said that... TROS again fixed much of that for me... Giving Han and Ben the best emotional moment in the entire saga. We dont know if it was a memory or a ghost... I choose to think that he was spiritual in some way and it was a wonderful moment.. Keeping with Star Wars tradition... It was the father that again saved the son.

But, none of that... knowing all the OT gang did and all there growth was ultimately pointless and worthless... doesn't ruin the OT for you?

Nope... It kinda did at fists.. Because I hated the first two films but loved TROS...

The only way to not taint the OT is to not make a ST with the original characters.. I mean to go through all of what they did to just have to fight any other sort of a war would effect how one might feel about the OT...

But an aged man living on Tatooine and Boba being a clone does? :lol

I think I gave plenty of reasons why the PT crapped on the OT.. You can pick the two throw away arguments if you want.. But what the PT did ti Anakin / Vader.. Now that is the true failure.

What was one interesting action set piece in the entire ST? I rather watch 9 hours of Jango vs Kenobi space battle.[/QUOTE]

Khev I ain?t falling for these PT cultists trap.

They are trying to get me to worship ROTS and the fall of Whining-Kan while duping me into hating Luke, Leia and Han but it ain?t happening lol

Chosen one this, save people from dying that at the end of the day it all boils down to their disappointment that Snoke wasn?t Plaqueis that is why they are all carrying on this way.

ajp is the phantom menace lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol at Whinakin Skywalker. I like it.

I will say that I do love the Jango Fett vs Ben battle in the rain in AOTC, and I also love those republic gunships (and the pilots too.) I sold my Hasbro version for $$$ but on some days I'd pay that to get it back.

Lol most of the people hating on this don?t even like the PT. You and khev are just desperate to try and say this wrapped up your little story because your afraid to admit your childhood heroes are forever ruined and there is no going back.

Lol the fact that you two kept this thread alive trying to piece together why the ST makes sense is proof that it didn?t wrap up perfectly at all.

A comic comes out tomorrow explaining that Rey?s farts helped her pilot the falcon and you?ll eat it up and say it all made sense from the beginning and how it ties well perfectly with the OT.

I bet You and khev just do this to get a rise out of people. You two can?t possibly believe this is good storytelling.

Most fun I've ever had watching the ST :lol

They'd tie it back to that Eopie fart in TPM and say "see, see, it all ties together!" :lol

I will say that I do love the Jango Fett vs Ben battle in the rain in AOTC, and I also love those republic gunships (and the pilots too.) I sold my Hasbro version for $$$ but on some days I'd pay that to get it back.

Which Gunship did you have?

Lol most of the people hating on this don?t even like the PT. You and khev are just desperate to try and say this wrapped up your little story because your afraid to admit your childhood heroes are forever ruined and there is no going back.

Lol the fact that you two kept this thread alive trying to piece together why the ST makes sense is proof that it didn?t wrap up perfectly at all.

A comic comes out tomorrow explaining that Rey?s farts helped her pilot the falcon and you?ll eat it up and say it all made sense from the beginning and how it ties well perfectly with the OT.

Ruin the childhood characters.. Nah.. My childhood hero's will always be safe.. No film or story can take that away... The PT with its treatment of Vader came damn close though.

But watching the characters grow and become flawed... Well... They had to do something to bring drama to the ST.

Personally I would have preferred TFA to have all three main characters fighting side by side all while introducing the new characters and then put the main three in the background for the next two and focus on the new guys..

BUT on the other hand every SW films is filled with tragedy and sadness..... Hell even the end of Jedi has a bit of bitter sweetness to it. So I guess it makes sense that our hero's would be doomed to deal with tragedies of their own.. They are War movies after all. But other then how Han was treated in TFA... I really had no issues with how the other characters were handled and Han was redeemed in TROS IMO.

I bet You and khev just do this to get a rise out of people. You two can?t possibly believe this is good storytelling.

The PT and ST are a testament to just how great the OT is.. You are never going to create that again... Those films were lightening in a bottle.. They came out at the perfect time.

Me I like SW so I can watch just about anything SW related. I can find things about the PT and ST to enjoy because I like the SW universe.. Though AOTC and TLJ make it difficult.

Like I said we are dealing with a series of films that have two just about perfect films.. The rest of them have a pretty steep drop off with ROTJ and TROS (for now) being the next two best films for me but nowhere near ANH and ESB.

The rest of them are a mess. The first two ST films lacked imagination and introduced some awful characters. The PT is filled with bad acting, some goofy plots, and some terrible direction. Had the first two ST films and any of the PT not been Star Wars films I doubt I would have ever gave them a 2nd viewing.

Last edited:

Han was given a good send off and was for me the best emotional scene in the whole trilogy. I actually thought that Luke was the best part of TLJ and really had no issue with him at all. Leia was fine overall also..

I truly don't understand this. Not trying to be an ass to you, really am not, but I just don't get how the PT ruined the OT for you but the ST didn't :lol

See how that works ;)

I know, I admitted it in a post above :lol

Entitlement plays a role for all sides.

Great point except that is was Tarkin.. Sure Vader stood by but it was Tarkin that gave the order.

That's like saying Himmler wasn't bad, because Hitler gave the orders. Extreme example, but I couldn't think of anything else.

A 2nd time you use this argument.. How about not liking something because its a dumb idea. Its not a matter of getting something I wanted.. In The Making of Return of the Jedi book.. Lucas himself even state that Jedi masters like Yoda and the Emperor are above and beyond lightsabers... You got that feeling in the OT.. But here comes AOTC and ROTS with hoping and jumping frogs and old men... Blah.. It looked dumb and was dumb... You have the Ultimate battle with Obi Wan and Luke going on and you keep cutting to a CGI battle of Yoda and the Emperor... Barf. It ruined the mystique of the OT most powerful Jedi's

Vader being a basically made a worthless wuss... Killer of Kids and Unarmed Aliens but gets ass kicked against first Jedi he fights.. The Mighty Vader everyone. :lol

That was explained in AOTC though. Their mastery of the force was equal, so then they went to the light-saber. Same thing happened with Palpatine. The Clone Wars cartoon shows this with Yoda when he just toys with Asajj Ventress and force pulls her lightsabers away.

Anakin slaughtered a temple of Jedi though. And it was his master, the guy that trained him and knew his every move, all while he was in a fit of rage and overconfidence, which did him in. If that was Vader in the suit, he'd destroy Obi.

Yep... Because it does not effect the OT... That was the point of my argument.. How the PT effects the OT and craps on it.

The ST craps way more on the OT.

It drove me nuts in the first two films.. Making the her a decedent of the most powerful Jedi user in the Galaxy helps that issue...

So, downloading her powers and having no training isn't cartoonish to you?

Not really. See what a tanning booth does to you in five years and Obi was out there for what... 15+ years?

Sure... Its called drama.. People rise and fall and rise again.. Happens all the time in movies and stories.. Plus he thought about taking out his nephew in a moment of weakness.. One thing we know about Luke after all the OT films... He is a hero who makes mistakes.

There could have been far better drama than ruining Luke. He never was going to strike his father down, but will his defenseless nephew... who didn't do anything? Come on.

It's called regression and character assassination.

He makes mistakes because he is still a young kid learning. He never learned from any of them. He was made into a pile of ****. But Rey... oh no, not Rey.

The mother who died to bring her child back.. The failed Jedi who stopped training as her visions made her feel that further training would lead to her sons death... Always in motion is the future.. Its a tricky thing... A leader that eventually was a major part in helping with the final defeat of the Emperor (through her sacrifice for her son) Plus her part I am sure would have been bigger had she not died in real life.

The fact she was in that situation just shows her monumental failure and how she failed in everything after the OT. She regressed.

Sold his medal off?? Drunk?? I missed those moments.. Was it not Hans Medal that Leia gave Han?

Having said that... TROS again fixed much of that for me... Giving Han and Ben the best emotional moment in the entire saga. We dont know if it was a memory or a ghost... I choose to think that he was spiritual in some way and it was a wonderful moment.. Keeping with Star Wars tradition... It was the father that again saved the son.

Yeah, it was in a ****** comic I think. Yavin 4 medal, sold off for another drink.

That scene you described? Was all fake. Leia force projected that into her sons mind. Han didn't save anyone. He was a failed father, a failed husband, a failed rebellion leader, and his final act was getting stabbed by the son he failed.

Nope... It kinda did at fists.. Because I hated the first two films but loved TROS...

The only way to not taint the OT is to not make a ST with the original characters.. I mean to go through all of what they did to just have to fight any other sort of a war would effect how one might feel about the OT...

They literally did fight another war though???

I think I gave plenty of reasons why the PT crapped on the OT.. You can pick the two throw away arguments if you want.. But what the PT did ti Anakin / Vader.. Now that is the true failure.

It didn't do anything to the level of the ST. You are complaining because he lost a light-saber duel while the ST fundamentally shifted who the OT characters were.

Savage!

Khev will approve lol

Yeah the R gunships are pretty cool looking and sounding but when it comes to anything PT related I prefer the 2003 animated show over the actual films yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See how that works ;)

R2 and 3PO finding Luke feels like Luck... 3PO being made by a young Anakin... Pointless and dumb..

This post is amazing. :clap And so very true. Even I was ready to jump ship from the ST but TROS not only righted all the wrongs of TFA/TLJ but yes it even elevated the entire OT as well. Like jye said I now watch Han sliding into his seat in the cantina on SW4K77 and I just smile thinking of his full arc that comes to fruition in TROS.

TROS might be second tier overall along with ROTJ and RO but the Han/Ben scene is absolutely SW/ESB levels of awesome.

Savage!

Khev will approve lol

You know it, lol. :yess:

Can't wait to pay full price for TROS digital in 6 days only to rebuy the 4K + digital version again two weeks later. :lol

I truly don't understand this. Not trying to be an ass to you, really am not, but I just don't get how the PT ruined the OT for you but the ST didn't :lol

I would have agreed with you but TROS saved the ST for me.. Simple as that.. I felt like a kid again.. First time I felt that way since ROTJ

I know, I admitted it in a post above :lol

Entitlement plays a role for all sides.

Ok fair enough. :)

That's like saying Himmler wasn't bad, because Hitler gave the orders. Extreme example, but I couldn't think of anything else.

I guess seeing a planet blow up is not as drastic feeling as seeing a little child moments before he is sliced in half by a saber (face to face) feels more serial killer like.

That was explained in AOTC though. Their mastery of the force was equal, so then they went to the light-saber. Same thing happened with Palpatine. The Clone Wars cartoon shows this with Yoda when he just toys with Asajj Ventress and force pulls her lightsabers away.

You know when I was a kid my best friend and I use to draw pics of Yoda with light sabers and flying Xwing fighters to make each other laugh. It just seemed so silly. First time viewing it was kinda cool I will admit.. But ROTS ruined what should have been at most one fleeting moment. Repeat viewings and knowing how they did even more of it in the ROTS made me hate yoda AOTC saber duel.

Anakin slaughtered a temple of Jedi though. And it was his master, the guy that trained him and knew his every move, all while he was in a fit of rage and overconfidence, which did him in. If that was Vader in the suit, he'd destroy Obi.

Younglings and Jedi in training... All the Jedi were out fighting the Wars... He is shown killing some young teens on the hologram tapes. And he has a bunch of Troopers with him.. He then kills a bunch of unarmed aliens.. The moments could have been cool in a longer movie.. But Lucas screwed up the timeline and started back too far and had to hurry up to fast to get Anakin to the dark side..

Getting beat by Obi Wan is fine... Give Vader some truly stand out moments before that and perhaps it means more.

As for Vader in the Suit beating Obi Wan.. I dont think the Suit makes Vader a better Sith Lord..

The ST craps way more on the OT.

I guess because the events happen after the OT and because of that the events in the ST are never mentioned in the OT one can ignore the ST if they choose. Because the PT deals with and shows events discussed in the OT it makes it harder to clear them from my mind.

I was really looking forward to the story of Anakin / Vader.. The PT really ruined that character and really effected my enjoyment of the OT for a long time. I have to do a lot of rewriting in my head to correct the issues of the PT.

So, downloading her powers and having no training isn't cartoonish to you?

Cartoonish... No... Perhaps a bit of a logic leap.. But again making her the relative to the most powerful force user ever allows me to give it a pass. If I did not like TROS as much as I did I might agree with you.. But I did enjoy it and it worked for me. Plus at least by the time TROS came around Rey was getting training from Leia.

Not really. See what a tanning booth does to you in five years and Obi was out there for what... 15+ years?

18 years to be exact.

He had a hood, a hut and I bet some Jedi Sun Screen in his Jedi belt next to his Jedi underwater breathing apparatus ;)

There could have been far better drama than ruining Luke. He never was going to strike his father down, but will his defenseless nephew... who didn't do anything? Come on.

It didn't ruin Luke for me.. And he didn't kill his nephew. He was tempted because of being manipulated by the Emperor (I think) or just a force vision... But he didn't.. Was not the first time Luke was tempted by the Dark Side.. He was ready to strike is father down.. He had to look at his hand to see the path he was going down to snap out of it.. He was not a kid at that moment. Like I said.. Flawed and its the reason I like Luke.

It's called regression and character assassination.

I just dont see it that way. I am no defender of TLJ.. Go read that thread.. But I always enjoyed the Luke parts of the story... I thought the one thing that the PT showed us is just how messed up the Jedi and their Dogma could be.. I had no problem with look coming to that realization and trying to step away..

He makes mistakes because he is still a young kid learning. He never learned from any of them. He was made into a pile of ****. But Rey... oh no, not Rey.

I thought that again TROS helped fix some of those Marry Sue moments.. She should have killed Chewie (just plot luck that she didnt) she is tempted and almost joins Kylo. She screws around with the Dark Side when she stabs Kylo... Lets face it... He let down his guard for her and dropped his weapon.. (All of this after beating her in the dual) yet she catches his saber and stabs him.. Cant help but think there is some dark side going on there.

The fact she was in that situation just shows her monumental failure and how she failed in everything after the OT. She regressed.

What did you want? A Marry Sue ;)

Again I just don't see it that way.. Obviously she was not a failure. She loved her son and he knew it.. Its what brought him back.. Believe me I worked with troubled inner city Youth.. I have seen real failures at motherhood.

Yeah, it was in a ****** comic I think. Yavin 4 medal, sold off for another drink.

I dont read nor count comics as Canon.. Not too mention that leia has the medal herself.. So it seems he just left it behind.

That scene you described? Was all fake. Leia force projected that into her sons mind. Han didn't save anyone. He was a failed father, a failed husband, a failed rebellion leader, and his final act was getting stabbed by the son he failed.

This is assumptions that you are making (just like my explanation is) I choose to believe that it is Han.. Leia uses her powers to bring him back... Not a manipulation of the mind.. If your assumption is proven to be then that is unfortunate. First time viewing I figured it was just in Kylos mind... I was still fine with that. Leia manipulating him... Nah... I dont like that.. Besides how would she know how that conversation went down in TFA since much of that is repeated.

A failed Rebellion leader?? I guess if you think being a major playing in stopping the empire more then once a failure.. Well ok then.. What happened with his son.. Which actually was not his fault took a toll and he could not handle it.. When real people loose their kids it can often break up the family... He was not a perfect father (if we are to believe Kylo) but I dont think Han would be. But loosing your kid to the bad guys... Well... That's a hard thing to get over.

They literally did fight another war though???

Yes.. My point being... Any war that the OT characters had to go through was going to lesson the win at the end of ROTJ

It didn't do anything to the level of the ST. You are complaining because he lost a light-saber duel while the ST fundamentally shifted who the OT characters were.

Again I am not complaining that he lost a light-saber duel... I hate pretty much everything they did with Anakin as a character (especially in AOTC) and then when he finally becomes Vader... Well he Back fights a Jedi and cuts off his arm.. Kills kids... and Unarmed Aliens..

My comment about loosing to Obi wan is more about what little he did before that.. It was a lost opportunity.. Imagine him dueling with Mace and striking him down to save the Emperor.. How about a duel with some real jedi on some other planets.. Nope.. Little kids and unarmed aliens.. Again Lucas messed up the timeline.. and rushed Anakin's fall to the Dark Side.. BTW Game Of Thrones learned nothing from this :lol

30 + years is a long time to remain the same... The characters grew and became imperfect.. But TROS fixed all of that for me... Had TROS no been the film it was I might be agreeing with you.. But I liked the film and thought it redeemed the issues I had with the other two films.

For me. the PT has no such film that redeems that series.

Personally I find the Han "ghost" scene to be over rated. He's not even a real ghost, he's just Kylo's imagination. People talk about broom boy being overly sappy and sentimental but IMO Han & Ben take it to a whole new level.

Anyone who believes that Rey is the daughter of a clone because a book said so is a fool. Movie states she is Palpatine's granddaughter and a direct descendant of the most powerful Force user who ever lived.

Last edited:
This post is amazing. :clap And so very true. Even I was ready to jump ship from the ST but TROS not only righted all the wrongs of TFA/TLJ but yes it even elevated the entire OT as well. Like jye said I now watch Han sliding into his seat in the cantina on SW4K77 and I just smile thinking of his full arc that comes to fruition in TROS.

I felt this way after my first and second viewing also.. I am not sure how much of it was just a relief that they did it justice after dropping the ball in TFA, how much of it was a great surprise (I teared up when I heard Han's voice, did not see that coming), and how much of it was just truly perfect storytelling.

TROS might be second tier overall along with ROTJ and RO but the Han/Ben scene is absolutely SW/ESB levels of awesome.

Even the haters on YouTube all seem to agree that it was the highlight of the ST.

Lol why do ST fans bring up the PT all the time?

Nobody else brings it up.

Yea ST ruins the franchise but anakin was whiney soooo yea!

LOL you say that Palps went "full retard" in ROTS but you're fine with him in TROS? Ha ha ha can shoot lightning into space lol...
I disagree that every single OT character was made lamer in the PT. Obi-wan was awesome. That's why he's getting his own tv show.

The trouble with TROS's "over the top" is it finally shows how "the power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of The Force". So why bother with armies, fleets or even super weapons?

Every single OT character that appeared in the PT was made lamer. Every single one. TPM Palps was awesome but he went full retard in ROTS.

Lol your joking right? Every single character was made lamer in the ST. You thought leia flying in space in that stupid pose was cool? Jeez who am I talking to right now ? Mickey Mouse? Lol

Back