Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plagueis would have been better.

He really did master the force and could save himself from dying... and did. Weakened by Palpatine?s attack, he went to the unknown regions to plan his assaults against Palpatine and build up his army... of Yuuzhan Vong. Using his massive fortune, he helps funds the rebellion to weaken the Empire, but, surprisingly, they won. He finds out it was Luke Skywalker who robbed him of his revenge, who corrected the galaxy back to peace. Plagueis wants to rule. We see Ben Skywalker and Rey Solo as Jedi Knights, along with a rebuilt Jedi Order with Grand Master Skywalker. Plagueis manipulates Ben and we see him turn to the Dark Side. Ben leads the V8ng assaults against the new Republic. We see Leia, Han, Chewbacca, Lando all fighting in tis galactic war. Luke and Rey battles Plagueis and his apprentice, Darth Ren. And we get the reveal... ?I am your Grandfather.? Plagueis manipulated the force to create life... it was he who created Anakin Skywalker. Luke, Rey, and Darth Ren (Ben) end up cutoff from Plagueis. Force Ghost Anakin appears to Kylo and tells him don?t make the same mistakes as I have. Anakin talks to his son and grabdson. Along with help from Luke, Ben, is finally redeemed. The three Skywalkers fight against the very being that sparked there existence. Luke becomes badly wounded, but Rey and Ben finish Plagueis off. But, Plagueis can save himself from dying and takes over Luke?s body, transferring his consciousness into Luke?s and healing Luke. Rey and Ben are fighting Luke (now Plagueis), as all the force ghosts appear to help the Skywalkers in their final fight and they manage to give Luke back control for a moment... to finally end Plagueis. Luke and Ben have a heart to heart moment as he tells his son the only way to end Plagueis once and for all is to ?kill me.? Ben strikes the killing blow and we see Luke?s ghost appear telling his son and niece the Force will always be there with them.

10x better than the ST.

Didn?t you just finish saying that it had nothing to do with Plaqueis but then you start your very next post with Plaqueis would have been better! :thwak

:lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Didn?t you just finish saying that it had nothing to do with Plaqueis but then you start your very next post with Plaqueis would have been better! :thwak

The hate of the ST doesn’t have anything to do with Snoke not being Plagueis for me, it’s multiple factors, including Snoke being Palpatine. I wouldn’t have an issue if Snoke was just Snoke. Or if they said they weren’t trying to tie all 3 trilogies together.

But... Plagueis would have been the best villain out of them all to tie the Saga together in a meaningful way, since that what Disney set out to do, and that’s why I gave my 5 minute story. It ties all trilogies together in a better way than the ST does. Doesn’t make the OT pointless. Doesn’t make Vader’s sacrifice pointless. Doesn’t even ruin the Chose One prophecy because Vader did bring balance to the Force as one Jedi (Luke) and one Sith (Plageuis) remained.

The hate of the ST doesn?t have anything to do with Snoke not being Plagueis for me, it?s multiple factors, including Snoke being Palpatine. I wouldn?t have an issue if Snoke was just Snoke. Or if they said they weren?t trying to tie all 3 trilogies together.

But... Plagueis would have been the best villain out of them all to tie the Saga together in a meaningful way, since that what Disney set out to do, and that?s why I gave my 5 minute story. It ties all trilogies together in a better way than the ST does. Doesn?t make the OT pointless. Doesn?t make Vader?s sacrifice pointless. Doesn?t even ruin the Chose One prophecy because Vader did bring balance to the Force as one Jedi (Luke) and one Sith (Plageuis) remained.

I don't get the "Vader's sacrifice is pointless" argument.

If I take a bullet for my son and the shooter gets away... Is my sacrifice pointless??? I don't think so.

Vader bringing balance the way you describe is a concept I am not sure I like.. Not surprising the idea came from TLJ.

I mean if Ben and Rey kill Plagueis isn't the force out of balance according to the logic you stated.

Having said that... I probably would have found some enjoyment out of the story you just told.

I use to feel that the ST made the OT a bit pointless... Now That was before we every found out it was the Emperor... I mean to have a new Empire just show up after defeating the original was strange.. It was something that should have been explained...

However now that I have had time to reflect.. It was explained.... I mean how else can you keep Han, Leia, and Luke from stopping the Empire revival?? Story wise you tear them apart from the inside. Which is what Kylo basically did by going bad. Kylo's turn is what tore them apart.

Now You could use the same ST story and have it be Plagueis and I think I would have been happy... Not sure I would have been as happy as I like that it was Palps but if it was the right actor and written well I could have been on board.

Going back to the OT being pointless.. Well
Han, Luke, and Leia saved the Universe once... Now they had to try and save it again.. Does it really matter who the bad guy is?? For originality another villain may have been a better choice.. For a Star Wars movie.. I like that it was Palps.

If I take a bullet for my son and the shooter gets away... Is my sacrifice pointless??? I don't think so.

Vader bringing balance the way you describe is a concept I am not sure I like.. Not surprising the idea came from TLJ.

I mean if Ben and Rey kill Plagueis isn't the force out of balance according to the logic you stated.

Having said that... I probably would have found some enjoyment out of the story you just told.

I use to feel that the ST made the OT a bit pointless... Now That was before we every found out it was the Emperor... I mean to have a new Empire just show up after defeating the original was strange.. It was something that should have been explained...

However now that I have had time to reflect.. It was explained.... I mean how else can you keep Han, Leia, and Luke from stopping the Empire revival?? Story wise you tear them apart from the inside. Which is what Kylo basically did by going bad. Kylo's turn is what tore them apart.

Now You could use the same ST story and have it be Plagueis and I think I would have been happy... Not sure I would have been as happy as I like that it was Palps but if it was the right actor and written well I could have been on board.

Han, Luke, and Leia saved the Universe once... Now they had to try and save it again.. Does it really matter who the bad guy is?? For originality another villain may have been a better choice.. For a Star Wars movie.. I like that it was Palps.

Oh man great point about tearing the core group apart!

Kylo being their son was the right person to do it.

Breaking apart the family was just the smaller allegory to the greater agenda and what better way to put that plan into motion than splintering a heroic group a literal family apart by using a force user directly tied to the defeat of this previous evil.

Damn I liking the ST more and more each passing day while hating all the secondary characters more and more each passing day lol

Great point about taking the bullet too!

Damn it took like 3 or 4 of us to take ajp down he is one tough forum cookie lol

4 because Neal helped a little but just a little like really really little lol

Now where is that ironwez fella :panic:

Last edited:

Man what a perfect way to look at it. Palpatine knew that if he just revealed himself early that the heroes would immediately unite and be all "let's kill him properly this time" so instead of coming back as Thanos he played the Zemo card first and tore them apart from within. :horror

By sending a proxy (Snoke) he also tricked Luke into thinking that the legacy of the Jedi is failure since it looked like no matter what good was achieved there would always be a power vacuum to draw in more evil and cause it to ascend for things to always be in "balance." That deceived Luke into believing that hope was pointless and that conflict was inevitable with the Dark Side always sending a new agent to counter the Light when it was really just Palpatine all along. TFA Maz was wrong too since she said that the fight must go on forever since the Dark Side will always rise in a different form ("the Sith, the Empire, now the First Order"). Nope it was always Palpatine and destroying him forever ends the cycle and restores hope to the galaxy and the Jedi.

/\ HOLY CRAP /\

I mean seriously.....

HOLY CRAP!

JAWS rises and KHEV to meet it lol

Man once you start reading into Snokes dialogue about potential of bloodlines and Kylo having too much of his fathers heart in him things start to fit in quite nicely if one chooses to squint just a little lol

I love the whole concept of taking Luke out of commission and isolating himself by using family to sow distrust and confusion and doing all this with a silly clone proxy.

Last edited:
/\ HOLY CRAP /\

I mean seriously.....

HOLY CRAP!

JAWS rises and KHEV to meet it lol

Man once you start reading into Snokes dialogue about potential of bloodlines and Kylo having too much of his fathers heart in him things start to fit in quite nicely if one chooses to squint just a little lol

I love the whole concept of taking Luke out of commission and isolating himself by using family to sow distrust and confusion and doing all this with a silly clone proxy.

:rock :rock

And lol at squinting just a little. Always helpful when fitting all the pieces together, lol.

:rock :rock

And lol at squinting just a little. Always helpful when fitting all the pieces together, lol.

ajp watching TROS:

tenor.gif

Damn it took like 3 or 4 of us to take ajp down he is one tough forum cookie lol

4 because Neal helped a little but just a little like really really little lol

I'm not here to take anyone down. If someone hates this movie (or the entire ST), that's completely fine. It doesn't affect my enjoyment of it.

Okay I obviously don't take the novelization as gospel in areas where it contradicts the film but holy crap....are all the Snoke theorists sitting down?

No like really sitting down? You ready for this....

The novelization states that Palpatine's minions were doing all sorts of experiments involving gene splicing and mutation from multiple clone donors including a particularly powerful host that provided his most powerful Force sensitive puppet of all:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:thud:

And he used Snoke to corrupt and then test Ben Solo, always hoping that Ben would grow capable of killing Snoke at which point he would announce his presence to the galaxy to finally draw his worthy Skywalker apprentice to meet him.

Last edited:

I'm not here to take anyone down. If someone hates this movie (or the entire ST), that's completely fine. It doesn't affect my enjoyment of it.

:rock :rock :rock

Okay I obviously don't take the novelization as gospel in areas where it contradicts the film but holy crap....are all the Snoke theorists sitting down?

No like really sitting down? You ready for this....

The novelization states that Palpatine's minions were doing all sorts of experiments involving gene splicing and mutation from multiple clone donors including a particularly powerful host that provided his most powerful Force sensitive puppet of all:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:thud:

And he used Snoke to corrupt and then test Ben Solo, always hoping that Ben would grow capable of killing Snoke at which point he would announce his presence to the galaxy to finally draw his worthy Skywalker apprentice to meet him.

:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

So Snoke is officially Plagueis reborn. I expect written letters of apology from ajp, TheDucky, Prime Clone, ironwez, TurdFerguson, etc., to be at my doorstep by Monday, lol.

ajp watching TROS:

tenor.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Keep enjoying the ride as you squint through TROS. But just remember not to think about it too hard or ask questions . . .

f48364554f3145aa98cd946b965db758.jpg

Much like the quicksand on Pasaana that somehow doesn't just sink into the giant tunnels below it, let TROS take you where you need to be and logic be damned. :lol

... And he used Snoke to corrupt and then test Ben Solo, always hoping that Ben would grow capable of killing Snoke at which point he would announce his presence to the galaxy to finally draw his worthy Skywalker apprentice to meet him.

. . . so that Ben could bring him his granddaughter . . . so that he could convince her to strike him down (by telling her his exact evil plan) . . . so he could transfer his soul into her body . . . until he magically realizes that she forms this thing called a "Force dyad" with Ben, so he just sucks their life force (cuz that's always an option) to rejuvenate himself.

All that planning and patience, just to end up being killed because he forgot how to turn off his lightning fingers.

Cool story, bro. :lol

Back