Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?ll respond more in depth later, fun thread, but screw that Plagueis thing. They even ruined him for me now. Some sock puppet clone that gets sliced because he is a dumb ass. Clone Plagueis would mop the floor with Kylo and Rey. They retcon TLJ to try to please even more fans in a damn novel. The stuff needs to be in the movie. Or actually planned from the start instead of going back fixing there ill thought out trilogy.

Maaan... what could have been with Plagueis or even clone Plagueis. I?d probably hate the ST a whole lot less if they handled this differently. At least it makes sense for Palpatine to keep DNA of his former master though.

Also, cheap plug for Darth Plagueis novel by James Luceno. My favorite book ever and I think it fits with the new timeline too... y?all should read it.

It was a Plagueis clone not the actual spirit of Plaguus. The Emperor with his own spirit was not as strong as he was.

Too cool. If it's anything like his other "Ford moves" it would have been Driver's idea.

Driver rocks.

I am laughing my ass off at JAWS Emperor elaborate plans blowing up in his face and hoping for the best while shooting lightning holy crap

:lol :lol

That is a cool nod to Ford.

Brilliant!

I know! :rock

Well watching it for the first time at home and fifth time overall it still totally holds up. Very curious to hear what you and jye think of it seeing it again.

One additional thing that jumped out at me was how seemingly consumed by the Dark Side Rey was on the second Death Star. Not just when she catches Kylo's lightsaber and stabs him but even way before that when he crushes the Wayfinder. She literally goes into a murderous rage right then and there trying to slice and dice him once again when he's not evening holding a weapon! And it isn't even tactically prudent since she already knows that he's the only other person who knows the way to Exegol. Leia actually brought them both back because Rey was gone.

Driver rocks.

I know! :rock

Well watching it for the first time at home and fifth time overall it still totally holds up. Very curious to hear what you and jye think of it seeing it again.

One additional thing that jumped out at me was how seemingly consumed by the Dark Side Rey was on the second Death Star. Not just when she catches Kylo's lightsaber and stabs him but even way before that when he crushes the Wayfinder. She literally goes into a murderous rage right then and there trying to slice and dice him once again when he's not evening holding a weapon! And it isn't even tactically prudent since she already knows that he's the only other person who knows the way to Exegol. Leia actually brought them both back because Rey was gone.

Jesus dude you are rocking the narrative Leia really did bring her back as well not just Kylo sheesh.

Shame that the lame secondary characters and lack of an epic space battle will derail the movie for me again. :gah:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I just bought it and watched the first 10 min. Other then ANH it?s my favorite opening... Everything from Kyle on mustafar to Poe and Fin?s tie fighter chase.. I freaking love it..

As a horror fan I really loved the Emperor?s introduction... very creepy and horror movie like. Loved it.

Watching AOTC with my son (sigh)

You know Mace really is responsible for quite alot of Anakin fall by telling Anakin on Tatooine that he must protect Padme at ALL COST! :slap

Obi did touch the darkside when he killed the giant crab monster you could see the satisfaction in his face.

Mace did touch the darkside when he killed Jango you could see the satisfaction in his face.

Anakin tells Padme he killed the Sand People children she answers that?s ok we all make mistakes lol

With Dooku shooting lightning are we sure he wasn?t a Palpatine semi clone like Snoke.

Jedi Order were idiots lol

Jesus dude you are rocking the narrative Leia really did bring her back as well sheesh.

Ben was even closer to the Light Side than she was because he was quicker to stand down! :horror

Shame that the lame secondary characters and lack of an epic space battle will derail the movie for me again. :gah:

Lol at Poe encouraging the terrified remaining pilots asking him for guidance by apologizing and giving up. :lol What the hell man, he goes from Maverick to full Gorman what an awesome trilogy arc, lol.

Ben was even closer to the Light Side than she was because he was quicker to stand down! :horror

Lol at Poe encouraging the terrified remaining pilots asking him for guidance by apologizing and giving up. :lol What the hell man, he goes from Maverick to full Gorman what an awesome trilogy arc, lol.

You are right :horror

She went full on crazy time of the month beech!

Dude I laughed my ass off during that scene everytime I saw it.

POEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Sorry everyone I am away from my duty to save the galaxy please leave a message Iol

TLJ ended with him as the savior of the regular people lol

I just bought it and watched the first 10 min. Other then ANH it?s my favorite opening... Everything from Kyle on mustafar to Poe and Fin?s tie fighter chase.. I freaking love it..

As a horror fan I really loved the Emperor?s introduction... very creepy and horror movie like. Loved it.

:rock :rock

You know Mace really is responsible for quite alot of Anakin fall by telling Anakin on Tatooine that he must protect Padme at ALL COST! :slap

Obi did touch the darkside when he killed the giant crab monster you could see the satisfaction in his face.

Mace did touch the darkside when he killed Jango you could see the satisfaction in his face.

Anakin tells Padme he killed the Sand People children she answers that?s ok we all make mistakes lol

With Dooku shooting lightning are we sure he wasn?t a Palpatine semi clone like Snoke.

Dude how many times a week do you guys watch AOTC FFS, lol.

You are right :horror

She went full on crazy time of the month beech!

I know! :panic:

jye4ever said:
Dude I laughed my ass off during that scene everytime I saw it.

POEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Sorry everyone I am away from my duty to save the galaxy please leave a message Iol

Too bad Hux wasn't still alive because he could have interrupted their transmission by saying "oh I'm sorry everyone Poe can't hear you because he's awaiting an important phone call...from his mother."

lol

:rock :rock

Dude how many times a week do you guys watch AOTC FFS, lol.

I know! :panic:

Too bad Hux wasn't still alive because he could have interrupted their transmission by saying "oh I'm sorry everyone Poe can't hear you because he's awaiting an important phone call...from his mother."

lol

lol right!

I don?t if this was their intentions or not but you know what doing that to Poe did!

It elevated Lando into that role of a savior and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT!

I do think that was their intention and it worked beautifully!

Yep Poe was no Cap or Aragorn keeping his composure in the face of impossible odds but the turnaround when Lando arrived was beyond epic. Even after five viewings I still get a little misty when Lando cuts into Poe's transmission and the light flashes off his visor temporarily turning the entire screen white before he sees the entire fleet. :eek: :yess:

Yep Poe was no Cap or Aragorn keeping his composure in the face of impossible odds but the turnaround when Lando arrived was beyond epic. Even after five viewings I still get a little misty when Lando cuts into Poe's transmission and the light flashes off his visor temporarily turning the entire screen white before he sees the entire fleet. :eek: :yess:

A complete rip off and yet so much better then ?On your left? :)

You know speaking of PT connections it's actually awesome how TROS parallels ROTS Palps raising his hands in the Senate to thunderous applause with him doing the same thing on Exegol in front of his Sith loyalists. TROS takes that huge moment at the end of the PT and reduces it to a dress rehearsal for what he was *really* aspiring to be all along; a god soaking in the praise of his worshippers. :rock

:lol

Speaking of secondary characters I just dropped my daughter off at the mall so she could hang with friends and on my way back to the car I stopped at B&N to pick up the new Cinefex since it has TROS and Mando this month. The girl at the register who was actually kind of cute said "ooh Star Wars...whoa what book is THIS?" and she starts flipping through the pages. I told her it explained the visual effects and she stopped on the page showing the guys in green suits puppeteering Babu Frik and said "Babu Frik, that guy was so funny," and I'm thinking what you know Babu Frik by name, lol. That probably makes him the most well known character of the entire ST outside of the main characters, lol.

I mean definitely kudos to director Iger for jettisoning the Kennedy script in favor of sacrificing Poe for an OT character.

Back