Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should?ve got Crocodile Dundee: ?You call that a fleet? THIS is a fleet!?

Or Airplane! "That's not a fleet, it's people!"

airplane-jumping-out-window-reaction-window-tower-1385503544Y.gif

lol

A complete rip off and yet so much better then ?On your left? :)

Now now please keep your EG hate directed at lame SJW Hulk please.

Lol was that a dig at me? Cause I destroy both of you guys whenever you try to go in on the PT

It absolutely was not a dig at you and i?m sorry you read it that way.

I was being serious ajp is a master pimp yo lol

You do ok ironwez

:chase

:lol :lol

You know speaking of PT connections it's actually awesome how TROS parallels ROTS Palps raising his hands in the Senate to thunderous applause with him doing the same thing on Exegol in front of his Sith loyalists. TROS takes that huge moment at the end of the PT and reduces it to a dress rehearsal for what he was *really* aspiring to be all along; a god soaking in the praise of his worshippers. :rock

:lol

Speaking of secondary characters I just dropped my daughter off at the mall so she could hang with friends and on my way back to the car I stopped at B&N to pick up the new Cinefex since it has TROS and Mando this month. The girl at the register who was actually kind of cute said "ooh Star Wars...whoa what book is THIS?" and she starts flipping through the pages. I told her it explained the visual effects and she stopped on the page showing the guys in green suits puppeteering Babu Frik and said "Babu Frik, that guy was so funny," and I'm thinking what you know Babu Frik by name, lol. That probably makes him the most well known character of the entire ST outside of the main characters, lol.

I want a Frik, chicks dig the Frik lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just got done watching it again. Just my 3rd viewing.

As I have stated its a far from perfect movie... But for me its a fun Star Wars movie.

Nothing can replace how I felt the first time I watched it. I will forever be grateful to JJ for making me feel like a kid again on that first viewing.

3rd time viewing there were some issues I had... But nothing major.

Basically the resistance talking about the fact that the Emperor was back was bad. It should been more somber feeling. More like a darkness had come over the camp. But the film was going at a breakneck speed at this point but it should have slowed down and talked about the ramifications of his return. Most of the stuff on the Desert Planet is my least fav part. It has some moments for sure but that cave scene and the sand worm is a bore.

However from the point of Rey and Kylo meeting up and Rey thinking she killed Chewie.. Well its all good from there for me.

I would have preferred a better space battle but its still good.

I really have no complaints anywhere else.

I will say again what I said before.. Its a mini miracle that JJ won me over with this film as I pretty much hated the other two. The one thing the other movies had going for it Was Kylo Ren and some damn likable actors playing the parts of Rey, Poe, and Finn. I hated the Mary Sue aspect of the first two films but its at least explained here and she has plenty to struggle with in this film and does not always come out the winner. Finn and Poe were ruined in TLJ but JJ redeemed them in this film and they felt much more like their TFA form.

I fully understand why people don't like the ST. I don't get saying that the PT is SOOOO much better. Those movies are just same really bad filmmaking so I cant see saying that they are way better... But I can understand why people would dislike the ST and prefer the PT. Hell I was there with all of you after the first two ST films.. But man this last one hit the spot. It felt like SW to me plane and simple and no SW film had been able to that since ROTJ. RO came close a few times but never completely nailed it.

My Adjusted Rankings.

Perfect STAR WARS
ANH - 10/10
ESB - 10/10

Good STAR WARS
ROTJ - 7.5/10
TROS - 7/10

Average STAR WARS
TPM - 5.5/10
TFA - 5/10

Freaking Bad STAR WARS
ROTS - 3/10
TLJ - 2/10
AOTC - 1/10

The other two.
RO - 7/10
Solo - 6/10

As for the complaint that the Emperor wont turn off his force lightning when Rey starts to use it against him. Well you can see that actually he does stop.. His hands are dropped to his side... But all the Force lighting he had thrown at Rey she turned back on him.. You can see with the finally killing blow his hands are completely at his side.

Just got done watching the behind the scenes and bonus footage. Loved all of it! Especially the Liea, John Williams tributes and older footage mixed in.

Just saw this is out now digitally.

Guess I’ll wait another 2 months and fast forward through it on Disney+ for my first full viewing and not random clips pieced together. Then I’ll never watch it again.

Think I’ve seen TFA 5 times, TLJ 2 times, and TROS will be only once. Solo was only once as that was as bad as TLJ because it’s called Solo and I didn’t even see Han Solo once in the movie, was some dude pretending to be Han though, very odd. Rogue One I’ve seen only twice.

I’ve lost count of my PT/OT viewings.

Anyways, here are my personal/critical rankings:

TPM: 10/10, 8.5/10

AOTC: 10/10, 7/10

ROTS: 10/10, 9/10

ANH: 10/10, 9.5/10

ESB: 10/10, 10/10

ROTJ: 10/10, 7.5/10

The Mandalorian: 10/10, 10/10

On to the trash.

TFA: 3/10, 5/10

TLJ: 0/10, 2/10

TROS: 1/10, 3/10

Solo: 0/10, 4/10

Rogue One: 6/10, 8.5/10

So now that the novelisation is out, does it expand on what Finn wanted to tell Rey just before they got sucked into the sand?

Guess I’ll wait another 2 months and fast forward through it on Disney+ for my first full viewing and not random clips pieced together. Then I’ll never watch it again.

Think I’ve seen TFA 5 times, TLJ 2 times, and TROS will be only once. Solo was only once as that was as bad as TLJ because it’s called Solo and I didn’t even see Han Solo once in the movie, was some dude pretending to be Han though, very odd. Rogue One I’ve seen only twice.

I’ve lost count of my PT/OT viewings.

On to the trash.

what a hilarious list.
I’d put the whole PT in the trash. Bottom half actually. The part that smells of JarJar Banks. Lol

what a hilarious list.
I’d put the whole PT in the trash. Bottom half actually. The part that smells of JarJar Banks. Lol

Jar Jar Binks google trends are higher than Finn, Poe, Rose, and Phasma. Imagine that. TPM must have done something right to keep interest 20 years later compared to the ST main characters failing to generate any interest at the peak of the ST.

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2019-06-28-google-trends-for-star-wars-characters/

Even funnier, Hermione Granger trends more than Rey haha.

Based on the Jaws method:

Perfect STAR WARS
ANH - 10/10
ESB - 10/10

Good STAR WARS
ROTJ - 9/10
Solo - 9/10
RO - 8/10

Average STAR WARS
ROTS - 5/10

Freaking Bad STAR WARS
TFA - 3/10
AOTC - 2/10
TLJ - 2/10
TPM - 1/10
TROS - 1/10

Based on the Asta method:

Star Wars - IV-VI, Rogue One, Solo, The Mandalorian

Trade Wars - I-III

Star Bores - VII-IX

Guess I?ll wait another 2 months and fast forward through it on Disney+ for my first full viewing and not random clips pieced together. Then I?ll never watch it again.

Think I?ve seen TFA 5 times, TLJ 2 times, and TROS will be only once. Solo was only once as that was as bad as TLJ because it?s called Solo and I didn?t even see Han Solo once in the movie, was some dude pretending to be Han though, very odd. Rogue One I?ve seen only twice.

I?ve lost count of my PT/OT viewings.

On to the trash.

I haven't closely caught up on this thread in the past day for context of this but are you being a bit facetious or do you seriously consider TPM and AOTC to be 10/10 movies?

I can understand people who have a nostalgic soft spot for the PT due to age (youth, not senility) but 10/10 surprises me.

Jar Jar Binks google trends are higher than Finn, Poe, Rose, and Phasma. Imagine that. TPM must have done something right to keep interest 20 years later compared to the ST main characters failing to generate any interest at the peak of the ST.

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2019-06-28-google-trends-for-star-wars-characters/

Even funnier, Hermione Granger trends more than Rey haha.

It’s because he’s a meme that people laugh at. Not with
Hermione trends because Pedos.

As I have stated its a far from perfect movie... But for me its a fun Star Wars movie.

Nothing can replace how I felt the first time I watched it. I will forever be grateful to JJ for making me feel like a kid again on that first viewing.

Basically the resistance talking about the fact that the Emperor was back was bad. It should been more somber feeling. More like a darkness had come over the camp. But the film was going at a breakneck speed at this point but it should have slowed down and talked about the ramifications of his return. Most of the stuff on the Desert Planet is my least fav part. It has some moments for sure but that cave scene and the sand worm is a bore.

However from the point of Rey and Kylo meeting up and Rey thinking she killed Chewie.. Well its all good from there for me.

I will say again what I said before.. Its a mini miracle that JJ won me over with this film as I pretty much hated the other two. The one thing the other movies had going for it Was Kylo Ren and some damn likable actors playing the parts of Rey, Poe, and Finn. I hated the Mary Sue aspect of the first two films but its at least explained here and she has plenty to struggle with in this film and does not always come out the winner. Finn and Poe were ruined in TLJ but JJ redeemed them in this film and they felt much more like their TFA form.

I fully understand why people don't like the ST. I don't get saying that the PT is SOOOO much better. Those movies are just same really bad filmmaking so I cant see saying that they are way better... But I can understand why people would dislike the ST and prefer the PT. Hell I was there with all of you after the first two ST films.. But man this last one hit the spot. It felt like SW to me plane and simple and no SW film had been able to that since ROTJ. RO came close a few times but never completely nailed it.

My Adjusted Rankings.

Perfect STAR WARS
ANH - 10/10
ESB - 10/10

Good STAR WARS
ROTJ - 7.5/10
TROS - 7/10

Average STAR WARS
TPM - 5.5/10
TFA - 5/10

Freaking Bad STAR WARS
ROTS - 3/10
TLJ - 2/10
AOTC - 1/10

The other two.
RO - 7/10
Solo - 6/10

The ST fails miserably when it comes to scenes involving secondary characters.

As for the complaint that the Emperor wont turn off his force lightning when Rey starts to use it against him. Well you can see that actually he does stop.. His hands are dropped to his side... But all the Force lighting he had thrown at Rey she turned back on him.. You can see with the finally killing blow his hands are completely at his side.

Holy crap I didn?t realize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Adjusted Rankings.

Perfect STAR WARS
ANH - 10/10
ESB - 10/10

Good STAR WARS
ROTJ - 7.5/10
TROS - 7/10

Average STAR WARS
TPM - 5.5/10
TFA - 5/10

Freaking Bad STAR WARS
ROTS - 3/10
TLJ - 2/10
AOTC - 1/10

The other two.
RO - 7/10
Solo - 6/10

:rock :rock

So glad to hear that you still enjoyed it.

My rankings:

Top Tier (Perfect)

ESB
SW

Second Tier (Awesome)

ROTJ
TROS
RO

Third Tier (Really good/fun/awesome in parts)

TFA
TLJ
Solo

Average

TPM

Horrible

AOTC
ROTS

I didn't give numerical rankings becase those wouldn't properly convey my opinions of them. For instance TROS might be a 7 with RO being a 9 or 10 but I love TROS every bit as much possibly even more so I just lumped them in brackets of how much I enjoy the films.

Interesting.

People remember the Hindenburg disaster 80 years later too.

Back