Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock :rock

So glad to hear that you still enjoyed it.

My rankings:

Top Tier (Perfect)

ESB
SW

Second Tier (Awesome)

ROTJ
TROS
RO

Third Tier (Really good/fun/awesome in parts)

TFA
TLJ
Solo

Average

TPM

Horrible

AOTC
ROTS

I didn't give numerical rankings becase those wouldn't properly convey my opinions of them. For instance TROS might be a 7 with RO being a 9 or 10 but I love TROS every bit as much possibly even more so I just lumped them in brackets of how much I enjoy the films.

We pretty much see eye to eye... Only difference is you enjoy TLJ and Solo more then I do.

My Rankings adjusted to include the two SW story movies and based on pure enjoyment.

Perfect STAR WARS
ANH
ESB

Good STAR WARS
ROTJ
TROS
RO

Average STAR WARS
TPM
Solo

Not the Worst STAR WARS

TFA

Freaking Bad STAR WARS
TLJ
ROTS

AOTC

Just saw this is out now digitally.

Guess I?ll wait another 2 months and fast forward through it on Disney+ for my first full viewing and not random clips pieced together. Then I?ll never watch it again.

Think I?ve seen TFA 5 times, TLJ 2 times, and TROS will be only once. Solo was only once as that was as bad as TLJ because it?s called Solo and I didn?t even see Han Solo once in the movie, was some dude pretending to be Han though, very odd. Rogue One I?ve seen only twice.

I?ve lost count of my PT/OT viewings.

Anyways, here are my personal/critical rankings:

TPM: 10/10, 8.5/10

AOTC: 10/10, 7/10

ROTS: 10/10, 9/10

ANH: 10/10, 9.5/10

ESB: 10/10, 10/10

ROTJ: 10/10, 7.5/10

The Mandalorian: 10/10, 10/10

On to the trash.

TFA: 3/10, 5/10

TLJ: 0/10, 2/10

TROS: 1/10, 3/10

Solo: 0/10, 4/10

Rogue One: 6/10, 8.5/10

No wonder we debate back and forth... We will never find common ground.

No insult intended but I have to assume you grew up with the PT.. Meaning you are younger then I am.. Which is fine.. Just shocked at the ratings you gave all three of those films.. I can only assume there is some nostalgia colored glasses there. Again that's fine.. But wow.. You have an average grade of 8 out of 10 for all three.

:rock :rock

So glad to hear that you still enjoyed it.

My rankings:

Top Tier (Perfect)

ESB
SW

Second Tier (Awesome)

ROTJ
TROS
RO

Third Tier (Really good/fun/awesome in parts)

TFA
TLJ
Solo

Average

TPM

Horrible

AOTC
ROTS

I didn't give numerical rankings becase those wouldn't properly convey my opinions of them. For instance TROS might be a 7 with RO being a 9 or 10 but I love TROS every bit as much possibly even more so I just lumped them in brackets of how much I enjoy the films.

Interesting.

Congratulations - you aced the final exam! :clap

People remember the Hindenburg disaster 80 years later too.

3sp7x7.jpg

We pretty much see eye to eye... Only difference is you enjoy TLJ and Solo more then I do.

My Rankings adjusted to include the two SW story movies and based on pure enjoyment.

Perfect STAR WARS
ANH
ESB

Good STAR WARS
ROTJ
TROS
RO

Average STAR WARS
TPM
Solo

Not the Worst STAR WARS

TFA

Freaking Bad STAR WARS
TLJ
ROTS

AOTC

Total agreement on the top 5 that's for sure. :rock

Thank God that after the PT fiasco we actually *have* five SW films that are straight up awesome. :clap

Congratulations - you aced the final exam! :clap

:lol :lol

Man remember those dark days before TROS when we got the urge to watch TLJ:

self-flagellation-gif-9.gif

Now post TROS here is us with TLJ:

giphy.gif

:lol

Yep now instead of getting annoyed that Holdo went out in a blaze of glory instead of Ackbar or Leia I can just chuckle knowing that in the next movie Finn will just say shut the **** up Merry when someone mentions her name, lol.

Here are my final top 5 problems with the ST:

1. No epic space battle TROS
2. CEO kid Broom Boy finale
3. Introducing SJW Holdo instead of Ackbar being given the respect of the sacrifice
4. Weak and boring secondary characters especially Maz, Rose and Phasma
5. Canto

Honorable Mention:

TFA overall bland aesthetics and aliens

Here are my final top 5 problems with the PT:

1. AOTC
2. AOTC
3. AOTC
4. ROTS
5. TPM

Last edited:
Here are my final top 5 problems with the ST:

1. No epic space battle TROS
2. CEO kid Broom Boy finale
3. Introducing SJW Holdo instead of Ackbar being given the respect of the sacrifice
4. Weak and boring secondary characters especially Maz and Rose
5. Canto

Honorable Mention:

TFA overall bland aesthetics and aliens

Yep all valid and pretty spot on. I do find myself enjoying the TROS space battle more and more though but I do laugh every time they show Rose charging on foot with an angry face as if I'm supposed to take her remotely seriously as an infantry trooper, lol. I keep forgetting that the FO Star Destroyers are supposed to be much bigger than OT Destroyers and I love that one shot in TROS that shows the Resistance fighters flying in front of the ignited engines of one of them and they are *tiny*. That's the kind of thing that Gareth Edwards was always so good at showcasing.

Luckily none of those other elements are dealbreakers for me in light of the good stuff.

jye4ever said:
Here are my final top 5 problems with the PT:

1. AOTC
2. AOTC
3. AOTC
4. ROTS
5. TPM

Yep all valid and pretty spot on. I do find myself enjoying the TROS space battle more and more though but I do laugh every time they show Rose charging on foot with an angry face as if I'm supposed to take her remotely seriously as an infantry trooper, lol. I keep forgetting that the FO Star Destroyers are supposed to be much bigger than OT Destroyers and I love that one shot in TROS that shows the Resistance fighters flying in front of the ignited engines of one of them and they are *tiny*. That's the kind of thing that Gareth Edwards was always so good at showcasing.

Luckily none of those other elements are dealbreakers for me in light of the good stuff.

If you notice non of my problems include Rey, Kylo, Poe, Finn, Palp, Snoke, Han, Luke, Leia, Lando, Chewie, BB8, 3PO, R2.

They got all the primary stuff right sure maybe not 100% right but above 80% right.

That is a win if you ask me.

The PT had to get Anakin right....just that one thing and splat!

PT didn?t have to worry about reintroducing Han, Luke and Leia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you notice non of my problems include Rey, Kylo, Poe, Finn, Palp, Snoke, Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, BB8, 3PO, R2.

Lando too! :yess: A pretty huge list actually. Even Wedge's two seconds was quality.

The PT had to get Anakin right....just that one thing and splat!

PT dropped the ball with young Anakin, adult Anakin, *and* suited Vader. :slap

Imagine if ROTS starred Walk the Line Phoenix with good dialogue and then closed with RO Vader. :thud:

Lando too! :yess: A pretty huge list actually. Even Wedge's two seconds was quality.

PT dropped the ball with young Anakin, adult Anakin, *and* suited Vader. :slap

Imagine if ROTS starred Walk the Line Phoenix with good dialogue and then closed with RO Vader. :thud:

I added Lando lol

OMG that alternate ROTS description hnnng

But nope instead we got:

Excuse me i?m in charge of security here milady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But nope instead we got:

Excuse me i?m in charge of security here milady

:lol :lol :lol

Driver said that one of the things that he liked about playing Kylo/Ben was that in the OT Vader started out this badass with unshakable resolve and then ended up vulnerable and conflicted while Kylo's arc was basically the exact opposite. :yess: Notice that he didn't offer any parallels or contrast with PT Anakin, lol.

Skywalker Saga:

1. ESB
  2. ANH
  3. ROTJ
  4. ROTS
  5. TFA
  6. TLJ
  7. AOTC
  8. TPM
  9. TROS

TFA and TLJ have been swapping places for me. There are some great moments in TLJ, but enough filler to drag it down.

As for the anthology films, RO was TLJ-level and Solo was below TROS.

Lol the two stooges still putting down the PT to uplift the ST I see. Also hilarious how they are the only ones in this thread doing so.

You guys can hate the PT all you want but the ST will forever go down in history as the franchise that destroyed Star Wars . Not the PT. Infact the PT just grew in popularity thanks to those awful films.

I haven't closely caught up on this thread in the past day for context of this but are you being a bit facetious or do you seriously consider TPM and AOTC to be 10/10 movies?

I can understand people who have a nostalgic soft spot for the PT due to age (youth, not senility) but 10/10 surprises me.

Those are my personal rankings for them. Unless somehow that is a problem. My "critic" ranking is on the right. 8.5/10 for TPM and 7/10 for AOTC. You could probably knock those down by one point each in hindsight though.

It’s because he’s a meme that people laugh at. Not with
Hermione trends because Pedos.

Sure. Or it's because people don't care nor have any interest in the ST. Which, when you see the declining toy sales and the other trends, is far more likely.

People remember the Hindenburg disaster 80 years later too.

If you noticed, most the ST trends are lower than the PT/OT trends. There is a reason for that. Because people don't care to remember the ST. Very telling.

No wonder we debate back and forth... We will never find common ground.

No insult intended but I have to assume you grew up with the PT.. Meaning you are younger then I am.. Which is fine.. Just shocked at the ratings you gave all three of those films.. I can only assume there is some nostalgia colored glasses there. Again that's fine.. But wow.. You have an average grade of 8 out of 10 for all three.

You could probably drop them all by one point in hindsight. ROTS is about the same as ROTJ, I find it better, but even by real critics they are about the same. TPM hate was way overdone and overly criticized. Outside of a few throw away lines from Anakin, I think it should be on par with ROTJ. Again, I have it higher. I'm a racing fan, so seeing a Star Wars styled race, pod racing, was awesome to see, where as others who aren't racing fans just viewed it as pointless. Never had a problem with Jar Jar. Don't understand the hate. He didn't ruin the movie. Sure, they focused a little too much on him near the end. Acting was good outside of the bad Anakin lines. AOTC had some awful love scenes, droid factory was a bit iffy, again some bad Anakin lines, but everything else I enjoyed and thought was done well.

Lol the two stooges still putting down the PT to uplift the ST I see. Also hilarious how they are the only ones in this thread doing so.

You guys can hate the PT all you want but the ST will forever go down in history as the franchise that destroyed Star Wars . Not the PT. Infact the PT just grew in popularity thanks to those awful films.

That's the best thing the ST ever did. Made people realize the PT wasn't nearly as bad as they initially thought it was. I'm convinced a lot of people who bash the PT only saw it once and were pissed it changed things they didn't want to see change or didn't get there interpretation of things.

Google Trends don't lie, and the ST is already forgotten by most. It's glorious to see Jar Jar Binks is more popular than Finn, Poe, Phasma, and Rose. Just glorious.

Back